Memorable Raptors Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footarez wrote: View Post
    Being said like that I could actually reconsider my statement.Maybe I just liked Chuck too much and caught Carter in his "I suck" days. But I definitely don't understate Vince's accomplishments not only for the city of Toronto but for basketball in general. Some(including myself) consider him as the best dunker in the history of the game. I just wish he had different mind set and better work ethic.
    he did... at the beginning.. there was a time that a little physical play didnt cause him to go into pouty pussy face mode and settle for jumpshots.. at one point he did have balls.

VC is bittersweet. He was our best player ever. And, eventually, he was our biggest bitch ever.

Comment

Not really memorable from a Raptors POV, but this Iverson dunk on Camby is edged in my brain for some reason:

Comment

Players giving their take on Vince's dunk contest:

Comment

The most insane dunk ever while Vince was a Raptor, I'm still in shock!

Comment

This actually is my favourite memory of the Raptors.

Just incredible watching this game Live.

Dude was unconscious. Ice running through his veins.

ADD Blue Jays just retired Roberto Alomar's Number; it was the first number they've EVER retired.

Vince should get that honour as a Raptor.
            Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

ADD Blue Jays just retired Roberto Alomar's Number; it was the first number they've EVER retired.

Good times... good times.

Comment

as much as i loved his 360's... no he shouldn't get honoured. He left us like a little bitch. Derozan all day!!!

22PPG next season book it son!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Dave Stieb, Tony Fernandez, Joe Carter, and George Bell are also retired.

Difference between VC and Alomar is Alomar has 2 world championship rings to show for his stay.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Dave Stieb, Tony Fernandez, Joe Carter, and George Bell are also retired.
                    Alomar's No. 12 will be the first uniform number retired in the Blue Jays' 35-year history during an on-field ceremony on July 31 at Rogers Centre.

"This is an honor that I was not expecting," Alomar said during a news conference on Tuesday evening at Rogers Centre. "I knew my numbers were worthy of consideration for the Hall of Fame, but for the Blue Jays to select my No. 12 to be the first number they retire is a great honor.
                    MLB.com
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Difference between VC and Alomar is Alomar has 2 world championship rings to show for his stay.
                    I know. But still. Carter led us to within one game of the Eastern Conference Finals... :P haha
                    And put Toronto on the map for alot of Young Players, and encouraged countless young Canadians to embrace the sport of Basketball.

Comment

I know. But still. Carter led us to within one game of the Eastern Conference Finals... :P haha
                      And put Toronto on the map for alot of Young Players, and encouraged countless young Canadians to embrace the sport of Basketball.
                      Cool. I thought the Ring of Excellence was retired numbers but I guess that is like a plaque.

I'd still say no to Wince :P

Comment

That game where Jalen Rose and Skip refused to pass to each other. Completely ridiculous. Both should have been given the hook, sent back to the locker room, put under supervision and forced to work it out.

Comment

I miss Vince a lot. Best Raptor ever. Almost wish he went out a better way so he could come back ahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                          X