ABA relaunches ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABA relaunches ?

Looks like the old school is going to make a big comeback!

According to sports industry insiders Julius “Dr. J” Erving and his son Julius “J. Erv” Erving III, along with Ether Marketing owner Deon Taylor have acquired the rights to the American Basketball Association (ABA) in which Dr. J won 3 championships and four MVP awards while a member of the Virgina Squires. The Dr. and his music executive son own a sports marketing firm call 6 Sports, will re-launch the defunct league

Sources say that the resurgence of the ABA will be akin to the feeling of “old school” basketball with a slightly updated style. Hard-nosed play, free-flowing offense, and a overall more exciting brand of basketball minus the antics of an And1 or Harlem Globetrotters type of game.

In addition, we are told that there will be a push for celebrities to own the teams outright to help draw attention to league. Of the twelve teams scheduled to participate in Miami, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, Toronto, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Baltimore, Los Angeles, etc, high-profile stars like Drake, Leonardo DiCaprio, Lady Gaga, and others could possibly be the head honchos of their own city’s team.

With the impending NBA lockout next year this league could easily be the best brand of professional basketball around in 2012. Players from all realms of basketball from college, current NBA players, to blackballed NBA players like Allen Iverson or Stephon Marbury.From what we understand there already several networks scrambling to retain the TV rights to air the games once everything is in place.

Neither Dr. J, Julius Erving III, nor Deon Taylor have commented on the newly acquired league.

I'd watch some games for sure. I hope by Old School vibe they don't mean those pubic length shorts they used to wear.

This also reminds me of the article I read about how sports athletes lose all their money through risky investments. I wish him luck though.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I hope big hair comes back though I can do without the short shorts!

Comment

Working...
      X