Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick wrote: View Post
    What do you mean Seattle was roobed, what about Vancouver? Bring that shit back to Van...
    While I would love Vancouver to have a team, Seattle appreciated their team a lot more.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      While I would love Vancouver to have a team, Seattle appreciated their team a lot more.
      http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=Sea&lg=n

I'm not too sure. From my recollection the issues in SEA were the lack of an arena and local support. From looking at the attendance records above, 96-99 is when it was the Kemp and Payton show and they had sellouts of 17,072 at KeyWest Arena. The support dropped off from there. The last year was dismal but there was a lot of bad blood between the owners and fans - plus while the team was young, they were horrific (20 wins the last year).

Vancouver's attendance was also horrible but they did not have a good franchise - EVER. When you take in to account the lack of 40 years of history in VAN and the sh*t team Stu Jackson put together each year, maybe VAN is deserving.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=Van&lg=N

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Why do they even have a NBA team in New Orleans?

Stern should do what he can to get the Hornets moved to Seattle.
        stop teasing.

oh my beloved Sonics.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=Sea&lg=n

I'm not too sure. From my recollection the issues in SEA were the lack of an arena and local support. From looking at the attendance records above, 96-99 is when it was the Kemp and Payton show and they had sellouts of 17,072 at KeyWest Arena. The support dropped off from there. The last year was dismal but there was a lot of bad blood between the owners and fans - plus while the team was young, they were horrific (20 wins the last year).

Vancouver's attendance was also horrible but they did not have a good franchise - EVER. When you take in to account the lack of 40 years of history in VAN and the sh*t team Stu Jackson put together each year, maybe VAN is deserving.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=Van&lg=N
          You can't really use the last year as an example. It was Durant's first year and it was common knowledge that the Sonics were leaving. Even if they were a terrible team u couldn't expect them to show up and support.

I totally agree it isn't fair that Van never even got to experience a good team (go Big Country and Shareef) but I would hesitate to call Vancouver a sports city.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

You can't really use the last year as an example. It was Durant's first year and it was common knowledge that the Sonics were leaving. Even if they were a terrible team u couldn't expect them to show up and support.

I totally agree it isn't fair that Van never even got to experience a good team (go Big Country and Shareef) but I would hesitate to call Vancouver a sports city.
            You are 100% correct you can't really look at the last year as an example - in SEA or VAN. In both cities it was widely known they were leaving. Only the die-hards of die-hards or people with free tickets would go.

However, looking at SEA from 99-00 onwards, they were on average 1600-800 less than capacity in a 17,000 area. With only 17K seats, you really need sellouts every night. Ahhhh, and back to the arena we are!

Comment

Yeah and if i remember correctly they had an insane lease that made it almost impossible for them to make money.

You never know what could have happened if Vancouver managed to have a couple good seasons. Vancouver also has an insanely huge amount of immigrants that love basketball but never got the chance to cheer on a good team.

Stu Jackson still manages to eff up the NBA.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Why do they even have a NBA team in New Orleans?

Stern should do what he can to get the Hornets moved to Seattle.
                Funny you should say that and if you go here:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ets-From-Shinn

You will find something of interest which came out today.

Hate to say it but there are better locations than Vancouver and Seattle. One in particular is Vegas.
                Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

24 (-1) 24/30 Reggie Evans' foot injury is more bad news for a team that lacked a lot and now lacks its best rebounder and strongest inside presence. Now they'll likely get back to more run-and-gun, and if Peja Stojakovic can get healthy and comfortable, that might not be a bad thing.
                  Source: Fox Sports

Comment

Dec 14/10

21 Toronto Raptors (9-15)
                    The Raptors are a respectable 5-6, including wins over Boston and Oklahoma City, since trading starting point guard Jarrett Jack to New Orleans. (The Hornets are 4-8 in that time.) Jose Calderon has flourished in Jack's absence, playing with an efficiency reminiscent of his 2007-08 prime, with 71 assists and 16 turnovers in his last nine games. And with Calderon out with a sore foot the last two games, the tandem of Leandro Barbosa and Jerryd Bayless (the latter acquired in the Jack deal) led the Raptors to 236 points, albeit against the shoddy defenses of Denver and Detroit. Unfortunately, none of the three is a quality defender himself, but Toronto at least now has a more confident floor general in Calderon and two explosive scorers who can push the pace beyond Jack's speed limit
                    Source: SI

Comment

NBA.com, Jan 3/11

22 Toronto (11-22)
                      Pace: 96.7 (8), Off: 103.2 (16), Def: 108.4 (27)
                      DeMar DeRozan scored a career-high 37 points in Friday's loss in Houston, but he now has the league's worst raw plus-minus mark. At minus-205, he took the bottom spot from the Cavs' J.J. Hickson on Sunday. The two will go head-to-head in Cleveland this week.
                      Source: NBA.com

Comment

Hoops World, 3/14/11

27 Toronto Raptors (18 - 48) It's time to start thinking lottery chase. The Raptors have 10 of their final 16 on the road where they've won just 5 of 31.
                        Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

7-26 since your last post, ugh. Bring on the lottery I guess! I was truly expecting a little more this season, and had they not been bitten by the injury bug so many times I think they would be better.

Comment

The "have nots" standings place the Raptors 5th in the league. With Jersey playing .500 ball lately and the T-Wolves improving I think the Raptors can move into 4th. I don't think they will be able to get into the top three though. Those three teams are just far better at stinking right now. I could be wrong though. Those ten road games could lead to some truly pathetic results if the Raptors don't play their cards right. LOL

Comment

March 21/11

25(26) Raptors 20-49 What is it about the Southwest that agrees with Team Canada? First it was a Dec. 28 shocker in Dallas. Then Sunday's stunner in OKC to give the Raps their first consecutive W's since Games 18 and 19.
                              Source: ESPN.com

Comment

2011/2012 Power Rankings

Dec 2, 9:56 am EST

28 Toronto (22-60)
                                Pace: 95.4 (12), Off: 103.3 (20), Def: 110.0 (30)
                                Dwane Casey will keep the Raptors from being the league's worst defensive team for a third straight year, but Toronto will need more than a coaching change to escape the Atlantic Division basement. They do have to be pleased with the summer of No. 5 pick Jonas Valanciunas(notes), who won't arrive until next fall.
                                Source: Yahoo Sports

Over or under on 18 wins?(2010/2011 win % x 66 games)

Comment

Working...
                                X