Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Power Rankings

12 It's funny that the Chris Bosh trade rumors got out of control with the Raptors playing their best ball of the season. Before Sunday's loss to the Celtics, they had won eight of their last nine, and they're still within a half game of the Heat for fifth in the East.
    NBA.com

14 Toronto Raptors
    Last Week: 15

Toronto Raptors (19-19)
    The Raptors have been a better team with Jarrett Jack in the starting lineup (9-7) than Jose Calderon (9-13). Jack, one of the league's foremost iron men, who has appeared in 206 straight games, is averaging 12.9 points and 5.9 assists while shooting 51.8 percent (71-for-137) as a starter.
    SI.com

15 (15) Raptors 19-19 Jim from Chicago wrote in to ask why we haven't been trotting out our trusty Leastern Conference references. And he certainly has a point when the Raps needed an 8-2 surge just to give the East six .500 teams.
    ESPN.com

15 Raptors ยท Trends 13
    Welcome back: Jose Calderon returns, contributes to wins over Magic, 76ers. ... Loss at Indiana is first bad defeat in more than a month.
    CBSSports.com

17 Until Monday's collapse in Indy, the Raps hadn't lost to anyone besides the Celtics since mid-December.
    FoxSports.com
    Over
    62.50%
    Under
    37.50%

The general consensus seems to be that the Dinos are a middle of the pack team right now.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
      The general consensus seems to be that the Dinos are a middle of the pack team right now.
      well....we are a middle of the pack team....

but iam happy with 12, were ranked higher than Utah, Miami, Huston...kinda surprised actually....

Comment

10. Raptors (14): Mama Mia! Bargnani outguns Gallinari in 3-point shootout at MSG as Toronto reaches .500.
        MySanAntonio.com
        Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 18, 2010, 12:53 PM. Reason: Link fixed

Comment

Jan. 19

14 Raptors ยท Trends 15
          Also worth considering: No one. Here's my first prediction for this summer: The big winner will be the guy who hooks up with Bosh in free agency.
          NBA.com

Comment

17. Toronto Raptors (21-21)
            Last week: Won at New York; beat Dallas; lost at Cleveland.
            After the Raps dropped one to the Cavs, NBA TVโ€™s Chris Webber brought up the fact that Hedo Turkoglu has nine games of less-than-double-digit scoring this season, compared to only five last season. He meant it like it was a good thing, since the Raps can still compete when Hedo is off. But what if itโ€™s a sign Hedo is on the decline? They still owe him a lot of money over a few years.
            DimeMag.com

Comment

16 Raptors (21-20) Toronto's early season defense was nonexistent. But since giving up 146 to the Hawks on Dec. 2, the Raps have become at least average on that end -- and gone 14-7.
              Fox Sports

Comment

I have a feeling the next power rankings will see the Raps dip a few notches-and deservedly so.

Comment

Rk Team Last Wk Rise/Fall High/Low Comment
                  18 Raptors 16 (-2) 14/20 (23-22) After failing in the clutch so many times this season, Turkoglu finally came through against the Lakers. Even more surprising, Kobe missed the last-second shot in Toronto.
                  Fox Sports

They beat the Lakers and they drop two places? Give me a break.

Comment

Marc Stein has Raptors at 12 this week. Not sure they're better than OKC or Bobcats.
                    Last edited by NewRapCity; Tue Jan 26, 2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Jan 25, 2010

12 (13) Raptors 23-22 Catch that quote from Canada's foremost free agent-to-be? "I haven't been this encouraged in a while," Bosh says. And that was before Hedo's clutch drive and FTs pulled out that one-point win Sunday over the Lakers.
                      ESPN.com

Comment

ESPN Weekly Power Ranking... Raps #7!!

In this morning's (Feb/10) power ranking by Marc Stein the Raptors are #7!
                        Ahead of such "elite" teams as... Dallas, Boston, Phoenix & San Antonio.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/2010_week_14

Comment

Their season record would have me scratching my head at their ranking there had I not known their record in the past 17 games, 12-5.

Comment

photoman wrote:
                            In this morning's (Feb/10) power ranking by Marc Stein the Raptors are #7!
                            Ahead of such "elite" teams as... Dallas, Boston, Phoenix & San Antonio.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/2010_week_14
                            The Raps went 10-5 in January and beat some pretty good teams.

Entering February, the Raps have ten games scheduled and I expect them go to 8-2, which could see them crack the top-5 in everyone's power rankings by the end of the month.
                            RR OG

Comment

As much as I love that the raps are ranked 7th on espn...

I think that ranking system is flawed!

Why do teams with better records than others get ranked lower?

It's silly really ranking teams on how hot they are at the moment.
                              Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Working...
                              X