Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Plus, you have to assume that there will be some injuries. An injury free season is incredibly rare, especially since several of the players have continued to struggle with injuries throughout their career.
    Condensed schedule means more injuries. This should balance out though because the Raptors aren't special here.

Comment

• Maybe the poll should be who will win less than the Raptors this year? Perhaps Cleveland and the Bobcats.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Maybe the poll should be who will win less than the Raptors this year? Perhaps Cleveland and the Bobcats.
        Nope... just Bobcats.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Plus, you have to assume that there will be some injuries. An injury free season is incredibly rare, especially since several of the players have continued to struggle with injuries throughout their career.
          Pretty much everyone else in the bottom half will get injuries. Are you taking that into consideration? I do not see it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Pretty much everyone else in the bottom half will get injuries. Are you taking that into consideration? I do not see it.
            I wasn't suggesting they weren't, but my point is that you can't assume the entire roster will be healthy, which seemed to be taking place. With or without injuries, the Raptors simply don't have the talent, especially the veteran talent, to compete with many of the lottery teams, which means they'll most likely finish below them.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I was only playing. You gave NoPropsneeded a hard time about not considering other teams' growth and then you turned around and posted something similar but instead in terms of injuries.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I was only playing. You gave NoPropsneeded a hard time about not considering other teams' growth and then you turned around and posted something similar but instead in terms of injuries.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see who out of the bottom feeders improves more. I think Toronto has a pretty good chance of improving a fair amount: they won't be playing Reggie or Jarrett, which is a good thing, and they won't be crippled by playing Sonny Weems at the 3, which he cannot do. the lineup of Calderon, derozan, Johnson, Johnson and Bargnani played really well last year, and they will probably be getting lots of minutes. I think internal improvement could amount to a lot this year,

Comment

• Hollinger's Power Rankings

1. 76ers
                    23. Knicks
                    24. Celtics
                    25. Raptors
                    27. Nets

Source: ESPN.com

Thoughts?

Comment

• Cleveland and Phoenix are bit too high in my opinion, but the Raptors seem to be in the right place. We're more or less better than every team ranked below us and every team ranked above us is better other than the aforementioned two

Comment

• What it does for me is it helps validate my opinion that this Raptors squad is among the worst five teams in the league. Hollinger's power rankings sometime seem cooky until you realize he's not doing a traditional power ranking. All he's doing is crunching the numbers and ranking teams on how they've performed and not on how talented are.

Comment

• I believe these are actually daily ratings. Earlier in the week the Raptors were 23rd. They fell after the Sacramento loss I believe.

The surprise team of course is Philly, and when we played them I saw a really good Philly team (especially on the defensive end). Collins is coaching the crap out of those players - if they keep it up, Collins will I'm sure be up for the COY.

As for the Raptors, I see them being in the 24-27 range by the end of the year. That's kind of where I envisioned it before the season started.

Comment

• if i'm not mistaken, the rankings are based either entirely or primarily on point differential. hollinger has long held that point diff. is a key factor in determining strength/weakness of a team.

not sure why philly is a surprise to anyone, they finished the year as one of the hottest teams in the L (after a horrendous start), and are playing exceptional team ball...very deep, with a lot of young athletes - quite important in this condensed season. doesn't hurt that you have two vets who've been thought of as me-first (to a degree) during their careers (iggy & brand) playing within the team concept. quite reminiscent of the pistons from the early aughts.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Philly is killing it. Their margin of victory is NBA 2K12-like. They attribute their defence on none other than former Raptor and ex-Detroit coach Michael Curry. Huh, who would've thunk?
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Back from the dead, it's power rankings discussion:

17. TORONTO RAPTORS
                                Recognizing the value he brings to this franchise, the Raptors wisely re-signed Kyle Lowry. However, at $12 million per year, Lowry won't be as high value.
                                Source: NBA.com

Clearly the Cavs are in for a bump up once the next batch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X