Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors so high on Alabi that they may not target a FA center?(OLD THREAD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear that Alabi is making some progress. Hopefully there is a season and we can see a 4 man rotation of Dre, Davis, Amir and Alabi and watch their development. If Alabi proves to be a player the Raptors have some solid assets going forward in the front court.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      I have been pulling for Solo 100% I hope he gets decent shot next season. Here is some footage of him in the D League. Gotta love the passion.

The first dunk is routine and ordinary... Now that second dunk...... Sick, wicked and nasty!!! lol

Comment

Nice to hear, hopefully it's true.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Besides, we don't know who are going to develop into good players. Jonas could play PF as well assuming he develops a jumper (which i doubt Alabi will do). With a lot of ifs in the development department ... a frontcourt with Alabi and Valanciunas would be downright scary with a combined wingspan of about 14'11''.
          Alabi was touted as having a decent midrange shot by coach Thorpe when he was interviewed by PHD steve earlier this season so maybe he could play up high and val could play low?
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

This is all a cover up. The real reason they arn't targeting FA centers is because André Börg demands the center position and has scared off all possible FA centers from the Raptors.

But in all seriousness it's good to hear something good about Alabi. Doubt he is capable of starting next season though..

Comment

maybe not start but i think he'll get heavy minutes off the bench as a Center

Comment

One really good thing about the lockout and players signing in europe, in particular, lithuania, is that Jonas might get to bang with some NBA players before next year. Even if its for just a little bit, it would help the transition when he comes over.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  It's not someone from the raptors and Bargnani/Davis were mentioned as being able to play the 5 spot. No talk about the PF.
                  Oh yeah, sorry.
                  But still, no mention of Amir.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                    This is all a cover up. The real reason they arn't targeting FA centers is because André Börg demands the center position and has scared off all possible FA centers from the Raptors.

But in all seriousness it's good to hear something good about Alabi. Doubt he is capable of starting next season though..
                    I think Bargnani was hinting that he wanted the 4 spot, not the 5.

Comment

i say lets throw him into the fire! see what he can do..

Comment

Keep in mind with the lockout we'll be lucky to have a season at all. If there ends up being more than 25ish games I guarantee you they'll sign someone. I'm sure they're high on him but i don't think they're that high.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think he's been watching and learning from Ed Davis lol
                          RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                          The first dunk is routine and ordinary... Now that second dunk...... Sick, wicked and nasty!!! lol
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Women can play in the d league?
                            Foot Locker Deals

Comment

zazinteractive wrote: View Post
                              Women can play in the d league?
                              I saw that!!

I think its a guy with Bosh-dreads, though.

Comment

I didn't know alabi had a knee injury I guess that explains alot. I still like the kid I just hope he is getting stronger much stronger than I seen in the d league.

If he can protect the rim like he should with his height and length, we don't need to go after a center. Get rim of our two point guards we need that D on the perimeter.

Comment

Working...
                                X