Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stern will not collect HUGE paycheck during the Lockout..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stern will not collect HUGE paycheck during the Lockout..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/68...e=NBAHeadlines

I guess I never really thought about this, but David Stern earns 8 FIGURES.
    Thats at least $10M+ per season, and has been estimated as high as $23M.
    Sources according to article, all placed him around $15M-$16M.
    Apparently, its also possibly linked to number of teams, and $500,000 per team, per season.

Only 20 players earn more than Stern.

Holy Cow.

Spencer Hawes via Twitter wrote:
    "no rumblings about a pay cut for (Stern) while he asks every single player to do so."
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 3, 2011, 10:15 AM.

That's not surprising at all. Wasn't Phil Jackson making $10M/yr or more?

Comment

I never even thought about what kind of money he would make but dear god that's a lot. I understand his job is important but to make more then the leagues brightest stars seems absolutely ludicrous.

On a different note it's too bad a guy like Spencer Hawes brings this kind of thing up and not a star player a la Kobe, LBJ or KD.

Comment

Most CEO's of organizations that large make that much. What he makes should have nothing to do with the players. I personally think that all CEO's should have most of their salaries based on incentive but it doesn't work that way and so to compete for big names, big organizations need to pay big coin.

Comment

Commissioners Pay Scale

David Stern - NBA Commissioner: $15M-$23M (21 players Earn more than $15M)

Bud Selig - MLB Commissioner: $18.9M (12 players Out-Earn him)

Roger Goodell - NFL Commissioner: $10.9M (4 players Out-Earn him.. I think.)

Gary Bettman - NHL Commissioner: $7.5M (12 player Out-Earn him)

Don Garber - MLS Commissioner: $1.3M

So in conclusion, I guess Stern's compensation isn't completely out of whack with what the other Commissioners are earning.
          But when a company is claiming to have lost $300M, I'm not sure the man in charge of said company, should be taking away nearly $20M a year. Sounds an awful lot like those investments firms trying to justify those HUGE bonuses to CEOs that did nothing but bury them.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Commissioners Pay Scale

David Stern - NBA Commissioner: $15M-$23M (21 players Earn more than $15M)

Bud Selig - MLB Commissioner: $18.9M (12 players Out-Earn him)

Roger Goodell - NFL Commissioner: $10.9M (4 players Out-Earn him.. I think.)

Gary Bettman - NHL Commissioner: $7.5M (12 player Out-Earn him)

Don Garber - MLS Commissioner: $1.3M

So in conclusion, I guess Stern's compensation isn't completely out of whack with what the other Commissioners are earning.
            But when a company is claiming to have lost $300M, I'm not sure the man in charge of said company, should be taking away nearly $20M a year. Sounds an awful lot like those investments firms trying to justify those HUGE bonuses to CEOs that did nothing but bury them.
            When put into prospective with other commissioners it seems more reasonable.

Well put with the last point!

Comment

Working...
            X