Lockouts Blow Goats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockouts Blow Goats

I officially hate this off-season. Could it be any more boring? And no talk of this lockout being resolved anytime soon. Welcome back 1998.

Someone page me when this BS is resolved. NBA and basketball suck right now.

Signing up for the Fantasy Football league already and listing your keepers in the official thread might be good therapy.

Comment

The most interesting piece of NBA news I read this morning is that Ruben Patterson is suing former Cincinatti Bengal Tim McGee. I'm becoming depressed.

Maybe Michael Beasley or Andray Blatche will do something stupid today and spice things up a little for me.
      Last edited by Fully; Tue Aug 9, 2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

What really bothers me is the state of this franchise.

Check out this video. I don't like reading into things too much but I was pissed off at reading the caption for the video it read. "Horrible attendance at a raptors game". At the bottom the user writes "an NBA team does not belong in Canada" I want to say maybe if the team wasn't playing like shit the last 5 years we might of been able to attract more fans. (Although I'm guessing this video was taken shortly after halftime when most fans are at concession stands.)

Who the hell is this guy to say a basketball team doesn't belong in Canada? A Canadian invented this sport, the very first game played was the Toronto Huskies and the New York Knicks. So frankly he can take those comments and shove it. We want more basketball in Canada! Its not fair that our only team is a struggling one. With no other competition. Bring a team back to Vancouver or let Montreal have a team. I live in Ottawa, I don't see us being able to support a team realistically. Montreal is 2 hours away so i think it would be close enough to make the trip ever weekend or so. To sum things up we want MORE BASKETBALL! This is a economically strong and very beautiful country! I'm sick and tired of all these cliches players have when they come here. They are a whiny lot who need to get back to work! Rant over.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

From a financial stand point toronto is one of the few teams making money. Raps aren't going anywhere and shouldn't go anywhere. Once we start challenging for a playoff spot we'll have a packed house again.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I concur with ezz_bee. Anyone stating otherwise (i.e. TOR not a good NBA market) is ignorant and hardly worth the air of the rant.

Comment

What do you mean the Nba is boring! DIDN'T YOU HEAR?! Acie Law signed with a Serbian team! Matt Barnes knee is healing! And, best of all, the bucks 2nd round pick signed in Germany.

If that's not action packed, I do not know what is.

Comment

I also read a rumour about the Magic's second pick (53 overall it was I think) considering his options. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and DeMar threw a ball away.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I officially hate this off-season. Could it be any more boring? And no talk of this lockout being resolved anytime soon. Welcome back 1998.

Someone page me when this BS is resolved. NBA and basketball suck right now.
                  really it'd be just as slow even if the nba was active. possibly even slower because it'd be minus players talking about signing overseas.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

at least there is football go Eagles! I hope the season gets locked out so we can have another lottery pick

Comment

Yeah that is true, we are lucky that the NFL got its act together or else we would have nothing to get made about. Pats all the way.

Comment

College basketball should be good this year. Although if they raise the age limit again that will certainly hurt.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                          What really bothers me is the state of this franchise.

Check out this video. I don't like reading into things too much but I was pissed off at reading the caption for the video it read. "Horrible attendance at a raptors game". At the bottom the user writes "an NBA team does not belong in Canada" I want to say maybe if the team wasn't playing like shit the last 5 years we might of been able to attract more fans. (Although I'm guessing this video was taken shortly after halftime when most fans are at concession stands.)

Who the hell is this guy to say a basketball team doesn't belong in Canada? A Canadian invented this sport, the very first game played was the Toronto Huskies and the New York Knicks. So frankly he can take those comments and shove it. We want more basketball in Canada! Its not fair that our only team is a struggling one. With no other competition. Bring a team back to Vancouver or let Montreal have a team. I live in Ottawa, I don't see us being able to support a team realistically. Montreal is 2 hours away so i think it would be close enough to make the trip ever weekend or so. To sum things up we want MORE BASKETBALL! This is a economically strong and very beautiful country! I'm sick and tired of all these cliches players have when they come here. They are a whiny lot who need to get back to work! Rant over.
                          don't worry bout it bro, there are tons of ignorant losers in usa who hate on Canada. Just ignore them

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            don't worry bout it bro, there are tons of ignorant losers in usa who hate on Canada. Just ignore them
                            That is true. But this looks like the work of a Leafs fan. The video was posted by 'adamprusleafs'.

Comment

there's always the WNBA...................................

Comment

Working...
                              X