Demar DeRozan Street Balling with Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar DeRozan Street Balling with Brandon Jennings

Wow, what a group of great street ballers. Brandon Jennings, DeMar DeRozan schooled and got schooled by street ballers. Check out links for an exciting ballgame. The announcer was pretty cool too. http://hoopsrumors.wordpress.com/201...-dyckman-park/

I think the coolest thing this summer so far was Brandon Jennings vs Josh Selby. Kids a freshman and hes keeping up with an NBA star. Demar has had tons of sick plays this summer, I think he has #1 on a bunch of different street ball/drew league top 10's, sort of makes me excited for next year, shows he is getting more and more athletic.

The drew league and all these street ball games have produced so many plays of NBA players getting schooled, I love it.

Who is having more fun, Demar in LA, or Weems in Lithuania? I hear those Lithuanians ball hard on the street.

Comment

Brandon Jennings is considered fast isn't he? I am not sure what his reputation is for defense but that dude carved him up consistently. He simple couldn't stay in front on him. fun to watch.

Comment

That was cool.

A lot of good "O"

...the "D" however was almost as bad as 'Nani's.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
          I think the coolest thing this summer so far was Brandon Jennings vs Josh Selby. Kids a freshman and hes keeping up with an NBA star. Demar has had tons of sick plays this summer, I think he has #1 on a bunch of different street ball/drew league top 10's, sort of makes me excited for next year, shows he is getting more and more athletic.

The drew league and all these street ball games have produced so many plays of NBA players getting schooled, I love it.

Who is having more fun, Demar in LA, or Weems in Lithuania? I hear those Lithuanians ball hard on the street.
          Yeah, these guys are sick. What great ballers. So how is this different from the pickup games he was doing in the local gyms in T.O? Those guys in those games have more to prove than the locals in the T.O. Gyms. Will make him harder for sure come season play. No Pushover at all.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
            Brandon Jennings is considered fast isn't he? I am not sure what his reputation is for defense but that dude carved him up consistently. He simple couldn't stay in front on him. fun to watch.
            I think they called him "Difficult to defend" Did you see that Automatic character dropping 3s from all over the place? That big fella!

Comment

His street name is 2 hard 2 guard

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                I think they called him "Difficult to defend" Did you see that Automatic character dropping 3s from all over the place? That big fella!
                It makes you wonder what the street ballers don't have in the way of coachability or team play or whatever to be able to play organized ball and make some money. Skip was the only one I can remember who made a legitimate jump to the NBA. So much talent.

Comment

You're right, and he is 2 hard 2 guard. Effin' fast. I suppose no help defense makes him look better, but either way he blew by Jennings at will.

Comment

See fellas, Calderon is not the only one getting beat on the perimeter.

Comment

It makes you wonder what the street ballers don't have in the way of coachability or team play or whatever to be able to play organized ball and make some money. Skip was the only one I can remember who made a legitimate jump to the NBA. So much talent.
                      I know a bunch went to play in the Euro league and made decent money, and there have been a few with generally good careers like Alston, but very few do well.. I used to play ball with a street baller who was in the euro league for a few yearss. You would think street ballers would thrive in the Euro league because the less stress to play defense, and not many good defenders but that has not been the case.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                        You would think street ballers would thrive in the Euro league because the less stress to play defense, and not many good defenders [...]
                        Let's all pause for a minute to commemorate the total lack of defense in Europe and let's be respectfull to their total lack of scoring ability, because when Real Madrid twice scored in the low 60's in last year's final four was not because of defense, but because Europeans, like the diplomats they are, always refuse to shoot.

Comment

These guys dont make the L because they're worse at defense than Bargs and generally undersized
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I guarantee you that if you put together a team of the best streetballers in the world vs a average defending B
                            NBA team they wouldn't score more than 60 points.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Can they play in a structured system? Can they subjugate their skills to fit in, rather than show off? Can they pass? Can they defend their position? Can they score against a structured defense? Can they win?

Moves are great, but it's only half of what you need to make it in the NBA. Rafer Alston didn't do well in the NBA until he'd had the street knocked out of his game.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X