Triano Loves the Three-Headed Point Guard Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Loves the Three-Headed Point Guard Monster

Maybe if we're blowing away a team its OK to use, but during tight games how easy is it for opposing teams to take advantage of us from a defensive perspective? Having great ball-handlers is one thing, but not when it means we're sacrificing defense for it.

Thoughts?

It has been common practice that Calderon and Jack have been, and will continue to be, on the floor down the stretch in tight games.

And Triano said Tuesday they will be joined by Hedo Turkoglu in some kind of three-headed point guard monster the coach likes to unleash.

"I like having three ball-handlers and they can all shoot the ball as well," Triano said of his finishing group that also includes Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani.

"I don't mind that. I don't think it's something we want to do on a steady basis throughout most of a game, but to finish games I want guys on the floor who can make free throws when we have a lead and who can make plays for each other and who can make shots."
    Source - Click here

I actually want to hurt Triano when he says things like this. Irrational no?

But, realistically, I don't expect that Triano will tell the media he will stop it and admit maybe he is wrong. He will just stop using that line, if he feels it isn't working (pssst, Jay, it's not working).

Comment

One Question For You Jay?

If you had Shaq, Wilt or even Timmy, B4 this year, on your team would you sit them in the 4th quarter because they weren't/aren't so adept at making foul shots?

Who goofed?

I got to know.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The three headed monster will be the death of the Raptors playoff hopes.
        I'm exaggerating, but for the love of God Triano stop being sooo thickheaded and end this nonsense NOW!
        Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Jan 14, 2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Sigh...is this why he got fired from Canada basketball? His thickheadedness? Why does he not trust Bellinelli? He is a decent defender and can shoot open shots and make plays. So depressing

Comment

Why does he not trust Bellinelli? He is a decent defender and can shoot open shots and make plays. So depressing
            I agree, does anyone even know if they've even tried Derozan and Bellinelli on court together? A lineup with Bargs/Bosh/DD/Neli/Calderon would be interesting during some stretches of the game, then playing Turk with the young guns and Jack gives Hedo the opportunity to distribute and cut it inside.

Comment

I swear I'm gonna stop watching Raptors games because of this idiot. We need to start some sort of movement so they end this bulls*** already. I'm sick and tired of watching the Raptors blow big leads because of stupid line ups that bring no intensity when it's needed most. All it takes is to push a little harder against this team and they fold like little girls.

Comment

Working...
              X