Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wuttup my fellow raptor brothers! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've always been a fan, but i really started following the year after Vinsanity got traded. Then we drafted Charlie V and Joey G and the rest is history. I don't know why, but something about being the underdog intrigued me.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Hey, hey Deckie ... welcome to our humble abode.

BTW, does DSWC still post at Scout? He's a good guy.
      Yeah he does, he's doing a great job keeping it going actually. It's a little quiet over there though, kind of the other end of the spectrum from Real GM.
      "He's everywhere! Rebounds, assists... Shawn Bradley is looking like Hakeem Olajuwon!" - Bill Walton

Comment

• snkrfrkr wrote: View Post
        Wuttup my fellow raptor brothers! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've always been a fan, but i really started following the year after Vinsanity got traded. Then we drafted Charlie V and Joey G and the rest is history. I don't know why, but something about being the underdog intrigued me.
        Cheers man ... I'm trying to figure out your name. Does it stand for sneaker freaker?

Comment

• Deckie007 wrote: View Post
          Yeah he does, he's doing a great job keeping it going actually. It's a little quiet over there though, kind of the other end of the spectrum from Real GM.
          Ya, very good guy. Say "hey" to him for me if you chattin' with him again.

Comment

• Welcome new ones, I will welcome you with open arms, Colangelo loving, Bosh bashing and more importantly TORONTO Raptors discussion. Join the party.

Comment

• Realist wrote: View Post
              Welcome new ones, I will welcome you with open arms, Colangelo loving, Bosh bashing and more importantly TORONTO Raptors discussion. Join the party.
              Open arms? That's only if your Bosh bashing doesn't scare them away.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Cheers man ... I'm trying to figure out your name. Does it stand for sneaker freaker?
                yessir u got my name right! haha Any sneakerheads here?

Comment

yessir u got my name right! haha Any sneakerheads here?
                  Welcome to the forums frkr!

Yeah man, i'm def a sneaker head...love my J's and you can't go wrong with a crisp,classic pair of Cortez!

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                    Welcome to the forums frkr!

Yeah man, i'm def a sneaker head...love my J's and you can't go wrong with a crisp,classic pair of Cortez!
                    Nice to see fellow sneakerheads. The Cortezs' are an underated shoe...Very, very comfy. I love my air max kicks, whether it be the 1's, 90, 180s, etc. I also have most of Penny's shoes.

Comment

Nice to see fellow sneakerheads. The Cortezs' are an underated shoe...Very, very comfy. I love my air max kicks, whether it be the 1's, 90, 180s, etc. I also have most of Penny's shoes.
                      Gotta love the Ewings too!

And welcome to all the recent new members! Hope you guys stick around after the FA frenzy dies down.

Comment

• I'm new round here, what's really good people.

I've been reading for a while, figured I might as well participate.

Comment

• Glad to become a new member! , I have been reading for a little while and figured I may as well join
                          Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• I'm new. I'm glad to be here, doing whatever I can to voice my feelings about the team to help influence its direction to being an entertaining and winning organization. I've played basketball my entire life as a point guard. My on court style is energetic and aggressive, and I steal the ball a lot. I'm a decent mid range shooter, but prefer to take it to the rack. My commentary, I hope, is thoughtful, persuasive, and at the very least of interesting perspective.

Favourite players of all time include Kevin Johnson, Michael Jordan (big surprise), Dan Marjle, Vince Carter (the good times), and Shawn Kemp. Current favourites are Pierce, Allen and Durant.

I'm generally a supporter of Bryan Colangelo. He's the most articulate GM I've ever seen, any sport. Great image for Toronto. Not a fan of Triano. Until the day Triano's gone, get used to a lot more losing from this team.

Realistic player acquisitions I'd like to see the Raptors try and get from other teams some day: Taj Gibson, Darren Collison, Shane Battier, Steve Nash, David West, and Anthony Morrow.

Trade bait? I'd like to think we could trade Calderon for a good asset.

Lookin' forward to some good conversation with everyone.

Cheers.
                            "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                            ~Rorschach

Comment

• Jon_Wade, BlueLeaftorsFC (nice name) and Rap Challenger, welcome.

I'm not sure about whether being articulate equals being good, but this thread isn't the place to debate the merits of Colangelo. Let the summer play out, we'll evaluate him more then.

Comment

• Thanks for all the nice welcomes guys. I'll be hangin' round these boards past the FA bonanza. I'm a huge fan of the team and have been reading the site regularly over the past year. This is an impressively well organized site - perfect for any fan of the club.

And yes, I totally agree - ya gotta be better than talk, and Bryco can make a field of horse pucky sound like paradise. But beyond his ability to spin, you can see he's a passionate guy who loves what he does. He's definitely made some bad moves and spent like a whore, but I think he's learning, he's a smart guy, and eventually he'll hit the mark. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for it. Again, the worst decision he's made, IMO, is giving Triano the head seat. This team needs a Larry Brown type of coach to teach and to drive better performance out of this group. Great coaches are easier to sign than top free agents. I'd like to see Carlisimo get a shot at coaching this team.
                                "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                                ~Rorschach

Comment

Working...
                                X