Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vick signs $100M contact with Eagles... Are you happy for him?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Vick was the ring leader of animal torture and killings and now he's a hero. It is funny that is easily forgiven overnight when on the flip side, a guy like Pete Rose hurt no one and he will be vilified for life.
    i for one have not forgiven him. He could cure cancer, and i'd still view him as a puppy killer.

do i need to show more pics of my pup to show why?

Comment

Roman Polanski has sex with a 13 year old girl... goes on the win an Oscar.
      Again, I'm not saying I condone what these people did.
      But society is quick to seperate Artistic Achievements from Personal Down-falls. Fact of life.

I especially do not condone the Dog Fighting. All I'm saying is that as an Athlete, he is being compensated what he deserves.
      If he were to be paid on the type of human being he was he'd likely be a hobo on the street.
      But again, we are not talking about whether we like him as a person.
      He can play football with the best of them. Thus, his contract is fair.

If they made a rule saying Criminals can't play Football, then fine ... but there'd be ALOT less Football players out there.

Comment

As for Tom Cruise ... well, I'm actually a huge fan. You see him in Tropic Thunder? Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          If they made a rule saying Criminals can't play Football, then fine ... but there'd be ALOT less Football players out there.
          i would approve of this rule... for all sports. the impact of it existing would have seriously intriguing societal reprecussions that i would very much enjoy experiencing from the comfort of my sofa on CNN

imagine telling kids that are wannabe pro athletes that ANY blemish as small as jaywalking or loitering would result in permanent exclusion from professional sports.

YOU TOE PEE UH

Comment

I would also approve of this rule. Convicts of violent crimes in particular should not be prominent positions in society where youth will admire and idolize them. It's just plain wrong. Football will go on strong without anything of these criminals taking part.

Comment

Exactly.

And if you think about it, any other employable position where you work with kids, you are required to pass a Criminal Record Check. Why not those who likely have a far bigger impact on a kids life.

Heck, in the states, it's not even just with Kids. You need to pass Drug Tests and Criminal Tests to work at McDonalds! haha

Comment

It's not a law though, that's McDonald's public policy. It's on the NFL to block such people from entering the league and instead they publicly wag the finger and then proceed to cash in. The only time they take a united stance on players is when the player's great talents have diminished and they can no longer make money of him. If Vick had torn his ACL in prison and it was out that he no longer could be a mobile QB you'd have seen a league-wide stance against him, suggesting that the teams don't condone his actions and won't sign him. Although Allen Iverson and Randy Moss were not criminals, only locker room cancers, they are prime examples of the concept.

Comment

very happy with the signing and with the free agent signings we should make a deep run this year!

nnamdi asomugha, jason babin, trent cole, mike patterson, jenkins, samuals, rogers-cromarite on defense and vick, jackson, maclin, smith, mccoy, brown on offense man we got a nice roster. the only concerns I have is safety and line backers and our O-line mainly the right side.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    i for one have not forgiven him. He could cure cancer, and i'd still view him as a puppy killer.

do i need to show more pics of my pup to show why?

he has paid his debt to society get over it, everyone changes as they get older.

Comment

He didn't hurt society, he hurt nature. He tortured and killed innocent animals. We don't need to get over it because some judge determined that their lives were worth a couple years in jail. Jails aren't designed to rehabilitate, they're designed to cage animals and people who don't want to follow some important and some meaningless laws. People do change when they get older, the become more mature. This isn't a maturity issue, this is a core morality issue. Morals don't "mature". His family is troubled, his brother totally wrecked his own promising football career because of horrible morals and ethics. He's the same guy now as he was then, except now he's not allowed to own a dog.

Comment

He didn't hurt society, he hurt nature. He tortured and killed innocent animals. We don't need to get over it because some judge determined that their lives were worth a couple years. Jails aren't designed to rehabilitate, they're designed to cage animals and people who don't want to follow some important and some meaningless laws. People do change when they get older, the become more mature. This isn't a maturity issue, this is a core moral issue. Morals don't "mature". His family is troubled, his brother totally wrecked his own promising football career because of horrible morals and ethics. He's the same guy now as he was then, except now he's not allowed to own a dog.
                        Though I do generally agree with what you're saying, any crime comes down to morals.
                        And you're right that 'Morals' don't usually 'mature', as you put it; but people are very capable of learning from their mistakes, and growing as people.

And in that, people are very capable of Learning Right from Wrong, even if at one point they may have had trouble determining one from the other.

Comment

I agree, I just don't feel he should be celebrated and I feel the NFL does a disservice to the public when they let these guys get off relatively easy. Had he abused a child he'd never play again.

Comment

I agree, I just don't feel he should be celebrated and I feel the NFL does a disservice to the public when they let these guys get off relatively easy. Had he abused a child he'd never play again.
                            Then we agree.

And even with all the NBA players getting pulled over for DUI's, its unbelievable and sends a HORRIBLE message to children.
                            These guys are back on the court in a couple weeks, where as any 'normal' person, would be locked up and license suspended for years. With a liklely far more dire outcome as well.

Comment

here's the thing about jail.

just because you've paid your debt to society, doesnt mean you're not still a VAGINA.

vick is a VAGINA. straight up dirty disease infested mangly oversized mini PENIS looking CLITORIS VAGINA.

oh, but he plays a game well. so we're supposed to overlook that.

VAGINA.

*** had to edit myself there.... guess where.

Comment

so let me get your line of thinking, say a child steals a candy from a store gets caught, does whatever punishment is giving to him and goes out the next year and wins an award for whatever. Under you guys logic he should never be allowed to win award because he committed a crime the year before.

keep whatever hate you guys have in your heart, no one can stop you from doing that. at the end of the day the past can not be changed you can only live a better tommorrow and those that realize that is what he is doing will acknowledgement the effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X