No announcement yet.

Everything EuroBasket 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case someone else is searching; if you go here, one of the castamp feeds is usually in English.

Comment

Good defense by Bargnani on Kaman. But pretty slow game, a lot of bad shots. The offense is horribly run by both coaches...

Comment

18-16 Italy going into the second now

Comment

Bargnani second block of the game

Comment

Low scoring game, and I'd never think I'd ever say this but... Here goes. Bargnani has been poor on offense, and really good on defense. His offense looks like his defense and his defense looks like his offense today!

Comment

Bargnani's offense looks like his 09 offense. He's just settling for three pointers.. Opposite of what he did in the game against Serbia where he was aggressive inside. Italy down by 5

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                Low scoring game, and I'd never think I'd ever say this but... Here goes. Bargnani has been poor on offense, and really good on defense. His offense looks like his defense and his defense looks like his offense today!
                Bargnani did what he does well on defense, he played some good post defense (against Kaman, who managed to get some good plays at the end). That's been documented on this site ...

It wasn't a really good game, whole parts of the game looked like complete offensive breakdowns. Italy managed to get a really good stretch of offensive breakdowns at the end (Jerry Sloan would have chopped their heads off); just a bunch of guys shooting quickly without any ballmovement and without any inside presence.

Referees managed some stretches of weird calls too, which didn't help.

Comment

Lithuania beat Poland, 97-77. Valanciunas had 18 minutes; 7 points (3/4 from the field and 1/1 ft), 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 5 turnovers and he fouled out.

He got most of his minutes (I think about 15) after Lithuania was up by around 30. He looked a bit tense, made some bad plays leading to turnovers (he was turnover prone in the post in the Euroleague so that's not always a surprise at this moment), but also got some questionable turnovercalls on around 3 of those plays. Being as aggressive as he is, with some referees that can lead to more foulcalls and turnovers and this was certainly one of those occassions. He gave the referee a staredown when he fouled out with a second left and got some talking too from Songaila amongst others.

add: sometimes my English grammar looks really wacky to me.
                  Last edited by Soft Euro; Thu Sep 1, 2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Lithuania beat Poland, 97-77. Valanciunas had 18 minutes; 7 points (3/4 from the field and 1/1 ft), 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 5 turnovers and he fouled out.

He got most of his minutes (I think about 15) after Lithuania was up by around 30. He looked a bit tense, made some bad plays leading to turnovers (he was turnover prone in the post in the Euroleague so that's not always a surprise at this moment), but also got some questionable turnovercalls on around 3 of those plays. Being as aggressive as he is, with some referees that can lead to more foulcalls and turnovers and this was certainly one of those occassions. He gave the referee a staredown when he fouled out with a second left and got some talking too from Songaila amongst others.

That's fine, we know English isn't your first language

Thanks for the good summary.

Comment

Valanciunas highlights against Poland.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX9BImDsCLc

Comment

Bargnani did what he does well on defense, he played some good post defense (against Kaman, who managed to get some good plays at the end). That's been documented on this site ...

It wasn't a really good game, whole parts of the game looked like complete offensive breakdowns. Italy managed to get a really good stretch of offensive breakdowns at the end (Jerry Sloan would have chopped their heads off); just a bunch of guys shooting quickly without any ballmovement and without any inside presence.

Referees managed some stretches of weird calls too, which didn't help.
                        Yeah, but he actually played hard and put in a lot of effort on defense and boxing out which isn't something he does very often.

It was a good game until the last 3 minutes, although the two offenses were seriously run terribly.. But Germany's last three and Kaman's late surge killed the game.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                          That's fine, we know English isn't your first language

Thanks for the good summary.
                          +1

Comment

By the way, today Lithuania vs Turkey, where we might see Valanciunas vs Kanter. Should be a good game in general, Turkey comes with Hedo Turkoglu.

Comment

dude... your grammar is leaps and bounds better than alot of the native english speakers around here... dont worry about that... your posts are quality

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, but he actually played hard and put in a lot of effort on defense and boxing out which isn't something he does very often.

It was a good game until the last 3 minutes, although the two offenses were seriously run terribly.. But Germany's last three and Kaman's late surge killed the game.
                                Bargnani putting in effort for boxing out is quite a way off from what it should be. And that was in my view the same in this game (5 rebounds btw). In all honesty he can even learn from watching Valanciunas for effort when trying to box out and get position. The effort in defense was, in my view, what he always does on post defense and a lot of it is about using his length and body very well to prevent easy shots. His post defense is not about energy and effort, but about staying in position, hardly ever falling for fakes and just preventing easy shots. (I don't mean that it doesn't take energy or effort, but that's what he did and normally does and it does not require any special level of effort. It is done while maintaining his normal level of intensity).

Comment

Working...
                                X