Tedy Bruschi Rips Chad Ochocinco A New One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tedy Bruschi Rips Chad Ochocinco A New One

Chad Ochocinco drew more attention for a tweet about Monday's game than for what he did on the field against the Dolphins.

Reacting to quarterback Tom Brady throwing for 517 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-24 win over Miami, Ochocinco tweeted: "Just waking up after a late arrival, I've never seen a machine operate like that n person, to see video game numbers put up n person was WOW."

Despite the Patriots marching up and down the field, Ochocinco had only one catch for 14 yards. Five New England receivers had more yards and three of the five had touchdown receptions.

ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi, appearing on sports radio WEEI, said Ochocinco better "drop the awe factor" and "stop tweeting and get in your playbook."

Bruschi added that Ochocinco shouldn't be looking at the Patriots' performance from a fan's perspective, but instead should assume this is the team's expectation.

"You're not someone who's on another team or watching TV," Bruschi said. "You're not an analyst. You're a part of it. They want you to be a part of it. So get with the program because obviously you're not getting it and you're tweeting because you're saying, 'It's amazing to see'? It's amazing to see because you don't understand it. You still don't understand it and it's amazing to you because you can't get it.

"Wake up! If you're just waking up now -- I don't know when this was, six minutes ago? -- get out your bed and get to the stadium and watch some film if you still think it's amazing. If you're in it and you know what you're doing and you execute out there, you don't think it's amazing. You know why? Because it's what you're supposed to do."
    At practice on Wednesday, Brady said he has no problem with Ochocinco.

"Everyone has an opinion on everything, and none of it really means anything," he said. "The only thing that means anything are the guys in this locker room and what we do every day in practice."

During his weekly appearance on WEEI earlier Wednesday, Brady was asked about Ochocinco's tweet.

"Chad, from the day that he got here, he's worked really hard to be a part of this offense and be involved," Brady told the "Dennis & Callahan" program.

"I don't know when he said that [about being in awe] or what he said, but I know that we're counting on him to be a huge contributor. And he expects that, too. He expects to be out there making plays. When I'm in the huddle with him, he's very excited about being out there, making catches, doing the right thing and being in the right spot."
    Source: ESPN.com

Why the hell wouldn't they interview Chad on Wednesday's practice? Anyway, I think Tedy went overboard. It was a clownish comment by Chad but I think he was just trying to praise his teammates. He's had little time to learn a brand new playbook, cut the guy some slack. The fact that the could break a passing record and only need 14 yards from him is scary when you think about it. What's it going to look like when he gets up to speed and becomes a real factor? I'm glad the Packers don't need to go through these guys until they meet in Indianapolis.

I think Bruschi was just trying to get himself some media hype to hopefully get some more airtime as an analyst on some shows. It's no big deal to me what Ocho said....

Comment

Working...
    X