Boston Toronto PG - Isaiah Thomas PG - Kyle Lowry SG - Marcus Smart SG - Demar Derozan SF - Jae Crowder SF - Demarre Carroll PF - Amir Johnson PF - Serge Ibaka C - Al Horford C - Jonas Valanciunas
GAME 50 - FEBRUARY 1, 2017BOSTON 109, TORONTO 104
Isaiah Thomas scored 19 of his 44 points in the final quarter to lift the Boston Celtics over the Toronto Raptors 109-104 … Thomas had 18 of Boston's final 23 points … The Celtics outscored Toronto 32-19 in the fourth to capture their fifth straight victory… Jae Crowder scored 14 points for Boston and Al Horford had 11 … The Celtics trailed by as many as 18 points midway through the third quarter before cutting the deficit to single digits early in the fourth ... The Raptors led 62-51 at the half … Kyle Lowry led Toronto with 32 points, former Celtic Jared Sullinger had 13 and Norman Powell added 12 … The Raptors have lost seven of nine … DeMar DeRozan was out for the fifth time in six games with a right ankle injury … Toronto shot 53 per cent from the field but shot a season-low 56 per cent (14-for-25) at the free throw line.
• Down 17 points after three quarters Feb. 15 vs. Charlotte, Toronto outscored the Hornets 32-10 in the fourth quarter for its largest comeback victory of the season. The win also tied the third largest fourth quarter comeback in franchise history.
• According to Elias, it was only the sixth time in the shot-clock era that a team outscored its opponent
by 20-or-more points in the fourth after being outscored in the third quarter by at least 20 points.
• Kyle Lowry is averaging 30.0 points and 5.3 assists, while shooting 56 percent (28-for-50) from the field in three games versus the Celtics this year.
• Toronto entered NBA All-Star Weekend with 33 victories. This is the fourth consecutive season the Raptors reached the All-Star break with a +.500 record and third straight year the team won at least 30 games.
• Serge Ibakas 89 playoff appearances is the most on the Raptors current roster, 42 games more than the next closest player (DeMarre Carroll).
• Dwane Casey is four wins away from his 300th career coaching victory. There are currently 10 active head coaches in the NBA with 300+ career victories and eight with a +.500-winning percentage
• Jonas Valanciunas has scored in double figures in nine of the last 10 games (Jan. 29 - Feb. 15). During this stretch, he is averaging 15.1 points while shooting .578 (63-for-109) from the field.
• Kyle Lowry has made at least four three-pointers in five consecutive games (Feb. 6-15). He is shooting .429 (21-for-49) from beyond the arc during this stretch.
• With the addition of Serge Ibaka (Republic of Congo), the Raptors have seven players on the roster born outside of the United States, which his tied with Utah for the most in the NBA.
Patrick Patterson - Probable Left knee contusion
Be Well TRoss.