Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Yeah AK47 is pretty sick. But I think names like CB4 come from the commentators trying to spice things up, so they aren't saying the same names all the time.. Can't really blame them
    CB4 was a better movie than a nickname

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
      http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/f...unas-block.jpg

Love this picture, can someone make it into or part of a wallpaper?
      I could but the picture is too small.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• http://i.imgur.com/u8uA1.jpg
        same wallpaper, with the pic ZZ wanted. again, props to my brother

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/u8uA1.jpg
          That is awesome! Big props to your brother.

Comment

• "deleted post"

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/u8uA1.jpg

Woo! Nice...

Going right on my desktop!

Thank your brother for me!
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Does anyone else have the desire to see Jonas, perhaps next year, dish out 100k to Hakeem the Dream to train with him for a summer (much like Dwight, Kobe and Staudemire did?). I just had an odd vision of JV shimmy-shaking defenders then taking it hard to the rim.

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone else have the desire to see Jonas, perhaps next year, dish out 100k to Hakeem the Dream to train with him for a summer (much like Dwight, Kobe and Staudemire did?). I just had an odd vision of JV shimmy-shaking defenders then taking it hard to the rim.
                  I seriously doubt that's gonna happen. He's already sacrificing a good chunk of money by buying himself out of his European club.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                    I seriously doubt that's gonna happen. He's already sacrificing a good chunk of money by buying himself out of his European club.
                    How much was he getting paid for L. Rytas? Was it more than $1.5M?

Raps surely put in the max allowed $550k leaving him with just under $2M. His rookie contract is the max 120% allowed and just over $3.5M.

*EDIT* Taxes are being neglected here. But if he isn't ahead after this year, he will be ahead by quite a bit starting next season.

Comment

• By the way, can we change the thread title? I thought the buyout was arranged...
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        By the way, can we change the thread title? I thought the buyout was arranged...
                        Agreed!

Comment

• I've never understood why a team is only allowed to contribute $550k to a buyout but can include $3M in an NBA trade. I realize it is in the CBA (smartasses), however I'm trying to understand the reasoning for it? Really a buyout is just another form of trading.

Not sure this is a legimate question for this thread, but I've always been curious.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                            I've never understood why a team is only allowed to contribute $550k to a buyout but can include $3M in an NBA trade. I realize it is in the CBA (smartasses), however I'm trying to understand the reasoning for it? Really a buyout is just another form of trading.

Not sure this is a legimate question for this thread, but I've always been curious.
                            I think it was included in the CBA to ensure that more foreign players fulfill their contractual obligations with their non-NBA teams, to allow those teams/franchises/fanbases to have some roster continuity and to mask some of the feelings of them being raided by NBA teams. They invest money, time and effort into developing these kids, so it's only fair that they play out their contract - if the NBA teams could pay the buyout, this wouldn't happen. I suppose it also ensures some extra years in the league for players that these foreign kids are eventually going to replace when they come over to the NBA, which is another benefit to the players union.

Comment

• Yeah I think Calgary is absolutely right. NBA clubs have a huge financial advantage over Rest Of World clubs, I think this $550k limitation slows down NBA clubs from sucking out the talent from other countries and therefore ensuring more possibilities for native players (americans mostly). If there wasn't such limitation, I think there would be so much more international players in NBA and vice-versa - less talented cheaper americans would flood rest of world clubs.
                              Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Sat Aug 18, 2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Ladies and Gentleman,
                                Here you go.

armless JV, ready to play for Toronto
                                http://www.nba.com/raptors/gallery/raptorsrooks
                                Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Aug 21, 2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X