Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Qualifying Tournament Preview

Lithuania – Despite finishing fifth on their home soil last summer’s Eurobasket, Lithuania has typically been a very strong international team, winning a bronze medal at the last World Championship, and coming in fourth place in the last Olympic tournament. Linas Kleiza appears set to become a leader on this squad, with his athleticism and energy level very difficult to match in this tournament. He is more of a role player and energy guy in the NBA, but on the national team, he will be expected to be one of the pieces that makes Lithuania go.

The Raptors’ 2011 first-round draft pick, Jonas Valanciunas, (a favorite of Miami rapper O’Grime) looks to emerge from being up-and-coming contributor to a leader on the national team. His production on both sides of the ball and his tremendous length will prove as a major weapon that this veteran squad will need if it wants to not only qualify for the Olympics, but also make some noise.

The regulars, such as Sarunas Jasicevicius (known to Israelis as Sharas), Robertas Javtokas, Paulius Jankunas, Ramantas Kaukenas and Darius Songaila, give Lithuania a deep squad with a veteran presence. Add former Duke guard, Martynas Pocius, who emerged last summer as the team’s starting point guard, and Lithuania appears to have a very likely chance of locking up one of the Olympic spots.

Sheridan Hoops
    Some backgound on the Lithuanian team for the tourney

Comment

• What time is the tourney (EST)?
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• 4:30 EST I think (19:30 GMT), day light savings always messes me up lol

Comment

• Just an question? EST, it's a shorten name of? GMT is familiar to me, but EST? Please enlighten me, thank you
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5), although technically we are in daylight savings time which has a different code i think

Comment

• So has he bought his contract out yet or what?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5), although technically we are in daylight savings time which has a different code i think
                EDT, Eastern Daylight Time. GMT -4

Comment

• Thank you guys

"So has he bought his contract out yet or what? "

It's not indicated in any source, that this already happened, they just mentioned that negotiations has began, considering the fact I've heard this month ago, now it's probably done or is going to happen after qualification to Olympics.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                    EDT, Eastern Daylight Time. GMT -4
                    The game seems to be at 7 tonight (toronto time)

http://www.sbnation.com/london-olymp...hedule-tuesday

Comment

• http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1291...venezuela.html

Stream for the game

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        Thanks for the link!

First thing I saw was a comment on Venezuela clogging paint on JV roll. Wonder why the Raps/Casey keep talking about shooters?

Comment

• oh my god the dude just said "the Cox contribution is HUGE so far!" i'm dying here
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• wow who is this kleiza guy we should sign him
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              wow who is this kleiza guy we should sign him
                              I was about to say... jesus 15 points already? no wonder he is a god in lithuania.

Comment

• big val doing a awful job finishing. not good.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X