Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV is the KIA Rookie of the month. Cool

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/aw...ia-winner.nba/

Last edited by rocwell; Fri Apr 5, 2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      JV is the KIA Rookie of the month. Cool

So incredibly happy for him....I was hoping he'd have a chance for it given his strong play.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
        Very up-to-date and very good JV mixtape:

thanks, I enjoyed that. Sick of that song though.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          No Homo but I think every Rap fan including myself just has a man crush on JV hes very very likeable I wouldnt be surprised if he has the leading Raptor jersey sales soon. Walking downtown I saw so many JV jerseys today.
          Yup. This guy is also ridiculously marketable. It also helps that he's white, so he relates to the majority.

(...I know, but someone had to say it)

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            JV is the KIA Rookie of the month. Cool

And he's going to win it again this month. GUARANTEED.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wow, did anyone notice that the game stats they sum up for JV are totally wrong? Like I have no clue what they got going here....this is just sad. Bolded all the wrong parts

March 20 @ Charlotte: Posted 18 points, eight rebounds, six assists and two steals in a 115-110 win over the Bobcats.
              March 29 @ Detroit: Recorded 20 points, four assists and tied a career-high with six rebounds in a 96-95 loss to the Pistons.
              March 31 @ Washington: Tallied 26 points, three assists and two rebounds in a 109-105 loss to the Wizards.
              Almost everything is wrong except the teams and dates. Stuff is wrong even self-contained within the story, like how he averaged a career high in rebounds with a lower number than he had against Charlotte the week before. It's hilarious. What the hell NBA?? Hire an editor. Even the game scores are wrong...

Of course, they got Lillard's part 100% right...I think this is the kind of thing that irks Toronto fans. It's one thing not to get attention, it's another that when that attention is given, no care is given to how anything is presented, even in terms of double checking facts.

Source
              http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/05/v...nth/index.html
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 6, 2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Wow, did anyone notice that the game stats they sum up for JV are totally wrong? Like I have no clue what they got going here....this is just sad. Bolded all the wrong parts

Almost everything is wrong except the teams and dates. Stuff is wrong even self-contained within the story, like how he averaged a career high in rebounds with a lower number than he had against Charlotte the week before. It's hilarious. What the hell NBA?? Hire an editor. Even the game scores are wrong...

Of course, they got Lillard's part 100% right...I think this is the kind of thing that irks Toronto fans. It's one thing not to get attention, it's another that when that attention is given, no care is given to how anything is presented, even in terms of double checking facts.
                WOW. I didn't see this. That's disgusting.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Wow, did anyone notice that the game stats they sum up for JV are totally wrong? Like I have no clue what they got going here....this is just sad. Bolded all the wrong parts

Yup! I noticed it to and had to ask my friend... ARE THEY HIGH?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Someone should be fired.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Yup! I noticed it to and had to ask my friend... ARE THEY HIGH?
                      As of right now, still nothing has been changed. Disgraceful.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

LOL. Those are Rudy's stats...
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          LOL. Those are Rudy's stats...
                          Not even, I checked that...sigh

Comment

Thought this would be fun, just to show how JV is making progress, but also doing so consistently, with different splits going back from now to his return.....
                            Stats are....MPG, PPG (FGA-FG%), RPG (ORPG), BPG, APG, TOs, PFs

Last 5 games: 37.0, 18.4 (10.4 - 61.5%), 9.4 (2.6), 2.8, 0.8, 2.4, 3.2
                            Last 10 games: 32.7, 15.9 (8.7 - 67.8%), 8.3 (2.3), 1.7, 0.8, 2.3, 3.0
                            Last 15 games: 29.8, 13.6 (8.1 - 62.8%), 7.4 (2.0), 1.5, 0.6, 1.8, 3.1
                            Last 20 games: 27.3, 11.2 (7.1 - 59.6%), 7.3 (2.1), 1.4, 0.5, 1.7, 2.9
                            Last 29 games: 24.5, 9.4 (5.9 - 58.8%), 6.9 (2.1), 1.2, 0.4, 1.6, 3.0

Little thing I like about it...the fouls have stabilized despite much more minutes. Can't really fault the assists given how rarely he touches the ball to initiate offense, often being a finisher. The turnover numbers aren't great, but that's somewhat expected, and still, when I look at them, they aren't as bad as I thought they could be.
                            Nice post. Imagine we got those numbers in his last 5 for next season, those are proabably all-star type stats, gotta love it!!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              Nice post. Imagine we got those numbers in his last 5 for next season, those are proabably all-star type stats, gotta love it!!
                              And imagine he was getting 15-20 shots a game!

All I can say is they better work on him passing out of double teams this summer
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                And imagine he was getting 15-20 shots a game!

All I can say is they better work on him passing out of double teams this summer
                                Agreed, he will get alot of attention next season. But I like how he often keeps the ball high when he's in the post, with good vision and patience he will be fine. I imagine him receiving the ball down low, waiting for the defense to react, keeping the ball high, passing to a cutting wing if the double comes and making his move if not. I don't see the Raps pushing him to make his move quick like they were trying with Bosh.

Comment

Working...
                                X