Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://streamable.com/45ts

Certainly some motivation in there for JV.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      https://streamable.com/45ts

Jonas dropping 40/15 tomorrow no sweat. Blocks 5 LeBron dunks as well.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        How do you define star? I think JV's a top 5 center right now - definitely top 10. In no particular order, he'd probably be ranked after Davis, Cousins, M Gasol (and coming off his injury, his placement is questionable) and KAT. I don't think he's any worse than Jordan or Drummond or even Whiteside who all have major deficiencies.
        Until JV consistently plays as he did against the Pacers and Heat, I don't think he can justify YET being ahead of Jordan and Drummond being supposedly the best defending C and rebounder in the league (respectively) but being that he's going to get an increased role he will make a stronger arguement soon. Whiteside is just a wall to get over. All of those guys are basically just massive bodies defending the rim and swallowing up boards but are awful offensively. If JV can get consistent touches AND continue to improve defensively, he should surpass them...

BUT JV better get going now because Myles Turner is going to be crack that top 5 within 2-3 years guaranteed. IMO he's going to be just a slight notch under KAT and AD.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          https://streamable.com/45ts

lol.

the only reason drafting TT over JV doesn't look like a total gaffe is because Lebron came back.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            lol.

the only reason drafting TT over JV doesn't look like a total gaffe is because Lebron came back.
            LeBron would make JV look like Tim Duncan.

I hate the hype players around LBJ get. CLE was a EC contender year in and out when he was there, he leaves they were the worst team in the league with the same group.

Kyrie couldn't even get the Cavs outta bottom feeder status (not to mention out East which was terrible before). LBJ comes knows how to use Kyrie's (incredibly skilled) tunnel vision and all of sudden he's supposedly the best PG in the East, puhlease. I would never wish an injury on any player and especially an all-time great but man how exposed CLE would be if LeBron went down. I seriously have no idea where they would rank in the East but I would guarantee the definitely wouldn't be anywhere near top 4 which also speaks to how overrated Kyrie and Love are and how much we overly hate on Kyle and DeMar.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              i dunno man, i'd say if your C is dropping 25 and 10, he can be a pretty average defender and still be a big positive and an all-star.

JV isn't a star defender but if we get playoff / last night JV on a regular basis, he's a pretty good one.
              I agree. im happy with the "stiff"!!!

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Why do guards get exemption from the playing defense criteria?
                do they?

super star status guards?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  do they?

Harden is a woeful defender yet still achieves superstar status from his play on offence.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JV remains on the cusp but that is largely still due to minutes more than anything. Even with his great playoff performances, he still only averaged 26.8 mpg. If Casey ever really unleashes JV, he would be absolutely in the all-star conversation every year. He doesn't need to be Shaq (HOFer) to be a legit star big man in today's NBA.

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...295#post366295
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      do they?

Besides Harden, we're talking about all-star games, which means we have a pretty great example of that very close to home.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        JV remains on the cusp but that is largely still due to minutes more than anything. Even with his great playoff performances, he still only averaged 26.8 mpg. If Casey ever really unleashes JV, he would be absolutely in the all-star conversation every year. He doesn't need to be Shaq (HOFer) to be a legit star big man in today's NBA.

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...295#post366295
                        The good news is that the only game he's played so far this year is literally his best game ever by basketball-reference's Game Score measure. So... good start. He's only ever had 12 games with a game score over 20, and his career high was 28 (last game he posted a 28.5).

For reference, DeMar has only ever posted 5 games with a GS higher than 28.5 (across which he averaged 40 MP). Lowry has only ever posted 14 games that good (he also averaged 40 MP across those 14 games). JV is showing that with minutes he can produce as well as our all star guard duo can.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If the Cavs had drafted JV in 2011... wow

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                            If the Cavs had drafted JV in 2011... wow
                            Or Drummond in 2012.

Drafting Thompson and then Waiters the next year...the kind of mistakes that can only be erased by getting LeBron. These guys are very lucky he's from Cleveland and cares about playing for his hometown. Management wise its still hard to point to any right move the Cavs have made.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Or Drummond in 2012.

Drafting Thompson and then Waiters the next year...the kind of mistakes that can only be erased by getting LeBron. These guys are very lucky he's from Cleveland and cares about playing for his hometown. Management wise its still hard to point to any right move the Cavs have made.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              Not that there are a ton of standouts from that draft, but how can you forget our boy Anthony Bennett in 2013 when talking about Cleveland's miscues.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Because they got swag. Let me know when the Jonas Valanciunas sneaker comes out
                                Man Harden is a sweaty dude.

Can you imagine how much sweat is buried in that beard.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X