Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Some people just despise him being on the team.
    Thanks, some things never change. Seems to be the same company as well.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Fill me in please, then why he needs to be so urgently traded/why it's being discussed so much these last months?
      DanH wrote: View Post
      That, and the (false) idea that the game has changed so drastically, that "old school" centers are of no use anymore.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Nvm rebounding isn't the biggest problem. Would trade JV to address the lack of shooting. JV's value is way too low to get an ideal shooter though. The only shooter that JV could probably fetch right now is Mirotic probably.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        So I guess you've just lowered yourself to trolling in this thread now
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          That, and the (false) idea that the game has changed so drastically, that "old school" centers are of no use anymore.
          Yes.. The sad reality of uncreativity of most coaches following the fad and trying to copy paste it after they realize they cannot come up with something better. Instead of working on creating the next big thing while using the players actual talents for which they are known for. Analogy for few big corporations, which are innovative and the rest of the world is trying to copy paste that stuff and then rebrand it. Sadly Raptors are (hopefully were) one of them.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            So I guess you've just lowered yourself to trolling in this thread now
            Yak/Pskill are ready. Raps make 3s the last two games they win. Raps are at the best when they are switching everything and playing uptempo. As we've seen against the two best two teams last couple games.

When JV plays they have to ice pnr with him and he just cant play against the warriors. When team go small which is a lot JV just can't play. Y'all are way too bias to consider that the raps are better when they play like they did last couple games. Masai sees it though. I guys thats what matters. I'll leave y'all to your love fest. I wont post in here again

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yak/Pskill are ready. Raps make 3s the last two games they win. Raps are at the best when they are switching everything and playing uptempo. As we've seen against the two best two teams last couple games.

When JV plays they have to ice pnr with him and he just cant play against the warriors. When team go small which is a lot JV just can't play. Y'all are way too bias to consider that the raps are better when they play like they did last couple games. Masai sees it though. I guys thats what matters. I'll leave y'all to your love fest. I wont post in here again

Y'all are biased. Sure. Cya.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                This is an irresponsible response.

I like JV and think he's a very good and useful player. However the reasons I want to trade him are similar to why I wanted to trade Ross (and I liked him as well). We have a guy in Poeltl who I think can bring a lot of the same things as JV (rebounding, hustle, finishing around the rim) while also being better on defense (not as complete offensively) and cheaper. We saw a lot of that yesterday when he was dominating the glass while switching onto big wings on the defensive end and doing a very admirable job. On top of that I think Ibaka should be playing more center, ideally splitting his minutes 50/50 at the 4/5 because his defense at the 4 is not great at all.

As such I want to trade JV IF we can use him to get a comparable player in a position we're weaker in (like the starting 3 for example). I think we'd take a minimal hit if any at the 5 while getting stronger elsewhere and allocating our financial resources better. It's not about despising anyone, it's about what I rationally think is best for the team.

And I've said that if we can't find a good trade for him then we should just keep him, but again not everyone who wants to actively seek out a deal for him hates the guy.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  This is an irresponsible response.

I like JV and think he's a very good and useful player. However the reasons I want to trade him are similar to why I wanted to trade Ross (and I liked him as well). We have a guy in Poeltl who I think can bring a lot of the same things as JV (rebounding, hustle, finishing around the rim) while also being better on defense (not as complete offensively) and cheaper. We saw a lot of that yesterday when he was dominating the glass while switching onto big wings on the defensive end and doing a very admirable job. On top of that I think Ibaka should be playing more center, ideally splitting his minutes 50/50 at the 4/5 because his defense at the 4 is not great at all.

As such I want to trade JV IF we can use him to get a comparable player in a position we're weaker in (like the starting 3 for example). I think we'd take a minimal hit if any at the 5 while getting stronger elsewhere and allocating our financial resources better. It's not about despising anyone, it's about what I rationally think is best for the team.

And I've said that if we can't find a good trade for him then we should just keep him, but again not everyone who wants to actively seek out a deal for him hates the guy.
                  Pretty sure it was directed at me but, It's fine. You make very good points.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nvm rebounding isn't the biggest problem. Would trade JV to address the lack of shooting. JV's value is way too low to get an ideal shooter though. The only shooter that JV could probably fetch right now is Mirotic probably.

The obsession is real.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

"Trade him for mirotic I guess"

Oh, the guy who's out for 2 months with a broken face? These are the constructive ideas you come up with? Is your priority helping the raptors, or just getting jv out of town so you can brag you told us so? But it's the other 99% that are wrong.

Your only good sentence was your last one.

Comment

Oh, the guy who's out for 2 months with a broken face? These are the constructive ideas you come up with? Is your priority helping the raptors, or just getting jv out of town so you can brag you told us so? But it's the other 99% that are wrong.

You can't trade an injured player everyone knows that. No one said trade JV right way. Like I said it will happen this year though. Either in the season or off season. If JV's trade value was higher we could probably get more. As we saw this summer no one is willing to give anything good. Raps need more shooting.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

You can't trade an injured player everyone knows that. No one said trade JV right way. Like I said it will happen this year though. Either in the season or off season. If JV's trade value was higher we could probably get more. As we saw this summer no one is willing to give anything good. Raps need more shooting.

Keep praying for that. I'll keep hoping he continues his strong play to help his team win ball games.

Comment

...Like I said it will happen this year though. Either in the season or off season...
                            There, you've made your position abundantly clear. No need to mention it again, unless you need to explain why your prediction didn't come true, or to gloat. Certainly there should be no need to endlessly repeat yourself throughout the whole season.

Never mind. Do what you want. You can visit with The Claw Reborn on my ignore list.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              There, you've made your position abundantly clear. No need to mention it again, unless you need to explain why your prediction didn't come true, or to gloat. Certainly there should be no need to endlessly repeat yourself throughout the whole season.

Never mind. Do what you want. You can visit with The Claw Reborn on my ignore list.
                              Oh please dont ignore me. How will I go on...

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

i mean hey i guess it's arguably a step up from wanting to trade him for Chandler, or Motiejunas, or Thaddeus Young, or whoever else was the "JV trade flavour of the month" for Christian before that.

Comment

Working...
                                X