Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    This trade for a "star PF" isn't happening any time soon. None of their teams want the pieces we have.. I think it's time to move on.
    Gotta agree with you, except the "move on". Since MU arrived I can only remember 2 in-season trades. Gay and Daye. And for the hundreds (thousands?) of proposed trades we've suggested, I don't think anyone had suggested the return on either (or any other trade).

But some people really enjoy proposing/arguing trades, even the chances of them actually coming to fruition are infinitesimal. And for me at least, it's a lot less annoying than reading post after post of complaints.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I see no real cause for concern. JV is playing well, and the team is playing well. Could he get a few more minutes and efficient looks? Sure, I guess that would be a nice-to-have, but it's not a deal-breaker in any sense.

Steady as she goes.

Comment

• Another poor game by Val !!!

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          This trade for a "star PF" isn't happening any time soon. None of their teams want the pieces we have.. I think it's time to move on.
          Boogie can play the PF with range from the 3, and Jonas would be a highly attractive piece for them to start over with. Question is whether you cross your fingers and roll with Bebe/Poeltl or do you have anything left to try and get Noel. It's possible if Philly wants CoJo.

You'd be giving up depth in both moves but the starting five would be terrifying and you'd hope that you can use the MLE/vet mins to round out the squad in the offseason.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
            Another poor game by Val !!!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Boogie can play the PF with range from the 3, and Jonas would be a highly attractive piece for them to start over with. Question is whether you cross your fingers and roll with Bebe/Poeltl or do you have anything left to try and get Noel. It's possible if Philly wants CoJo.

You'd be giving up depth in both moves but the starting five would be terrifying and you'd hope that you can use the MLE/vet mins to round out the squad in the offseason.
              Yo seriously when will this Noel obsession be over? Like did I miss something about this guy?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Yo seriously when will this Noel obsession be over? Like did I miss something about this guy?
                Noel is a pretty good player when healthy.

Comment

Another poor game by Val !!!
                  When you gonna stop trolling? He had 15 points and 9 boards on 6/9 FG, at this point thats the best you're going to get out of him with how little he gets the ball.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Gotta agree with you, except the "move on". Since MU arrived I can only remember 2 in-season trades. Gay and Daye. And for the hundreds (thousands?) of proposed trades we've suggested, I don't think anyone had suggested the return on either (or any other trade).

But some people really enjoy proposing/arguing trades, even the chances of them actually coming to fruition are infinitesimal. And for me at least, it's a lot less annoying than reading post after post of complaints.
                    Don't mind the discussions themselves at all, it's just the unwarranted expectations I would hate to see crushed.

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Several execs around the league said the Kings were looking for "too much" in a potential trade for Cousins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-tra...202533557.html

They probably would hate to be "that team" (*cough* the Raptors in 2004 *cough*) who gives up their franchise player, who wants out, for nothing. I doubt a deal of JV and Ross/Cory gets it done.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      When you gonna stop trolling? He had 15 points and 9 boards on 6/9 FG, at this point thats the best you're going to get out of him with how little he gets the ball.
                      Stop with the trolling non-sense. Not every critisim of JV is trollng. He had a poor game. Sam Holako on the fron page of RR gave him C+ which means playing poor and here is the link to the article:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ggets-raptors/

"This was a prime matchup for JV to shine against a poor-mans version of himself…nope, quite the opposite. I counted three instances where a perimeter player got beat off the dribble and he either didn’t rotate, rotated late, or made a listless shot block attempt (his rotation on Chandler at the end of OT was huge tbough). That was bad JV…good JV waited till a minute to go in the game, and was a monster on the glass (2 offensive rebounds). Huge block on Mudiay in OT out of nowhere was…huge. He was at a D until the last minute of the 4th, and really came through in the clutch."

Comment

Stop with the trolling non-sense. Not every critisim of JV is trollng. He had a poor game. Sam Holako on the fron page of RR gave him C+ which means playing poor and here is the link to the article:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ggets-raptors/

"This was a prime matchup for JV to shine against a poor-mans version of himself…nope, quite the opposite. I counted three instances where a perimeter player got beat off the dribble and he either didn’t rotate, rotated late, or made a listless shot block attempt (his rotation on Chandler at the end of OT was huge tbough). That was bad JV…good JV waited till a minute to go in the game, and was a monster on the glass (2 offensive rebounds). Huge block on Mudiay in OT out of nowhere was…huge. He was at a D until the last minute of the 4th, and really came through in the clutch."
                        Stop the presses, sam halako! Well if I've ever heard an authority on basketball...

JV was a beast in the 4th. Not the last minute, the whole quarter. No way do we take that game to overtime without his offensive rebounds and quality screens. He was the 3rd or 4th best player on the team for the game. Also frustrated Nurkic all night to the tune of 1 rebound. Please come stronger than quoting an unpaid blogger on this website.

And don't tell us you're not a troll, hell you made a username with the sole intent of trolling another board member, "mcrealistic". Sad
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sam founded the site I think? And gives us morning coffee every day. No need to belittle him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            JV was HORRIFIC the 1st 3 quarters. Was a KEY player for them in the 4th.

I don't why you're so defensive when it comes to JV. So basically criticizing a player = a troll? so you're a troll then?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              Sam founded the site I think? And gives us morning coffee every day. No need to belittle him.
                              All I'm saying is it sounded like the mcrasberry didn't even watch the game, he just pulled up the quick reaction. And went see c- bad game!

Yes, jv had a bad 3 quarters, but most of the team was horrible save kyle and demar. We dont win the game without jv in the 4th and ot so I don't think it's warranted to pop in and go ANOTHER poor game! The dude knew what reaction he would get, like I said, he made his username just to troll mcHAPPY so that should tell you something.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                JV was HORRIFIC the 1st 3 quarters. Was a KEY player for them in the 4th.

I don't why you're so defensive when it comes to JV. So basically criticizing a player = a troll? so you're a troll then?
                                Depends if he deserves criticism. Yeah he didn't play well in the first 3, but made up for it by playing pretty well in the 4th and OT, which really doesn't result in a "poor" game. Either way I call him a troll because he shows up and comments only when he does play poorly.

Comment

Working...
                                X