Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    seems like he is rounding into form a bit.

I seem to recall last year he came back from that hand injury playing very well in the 2nd half of the season. maybe he just really likes winter and spring lol.
    I don't have time to look up numbers but, to me at least, he's always been a better second half player.

Frankly, I don't really care how anyone is playing in December. Way more concerned about how they are playing after the All-Star break leading into the playoffs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      I don't have time to look up numbers but, to me at least, he's always been a better second half player.

Frankly, I don't really care how anyone is playing in December. Way more concerned about how they are playing after the All-Star break leading into the playoffs.
      He tends to be a slow starter but he actually was starting to find his rhythm quite early this season I thought. The minor injury clearly hobbled him for a couple of weeks, and his role/minutes started fluctuating more.

Looks like he's getting over that now. And he physically definitely looks the best he has all season.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Last night probably was JV's best offensive game ever.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• What is he saying here?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            What is he saying here?

Something something ittybittyballer
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

What is he saying here?

in the comments he said this: "Sorry if you didn't understand me. I am supporting a petition in my home country of Lithuania that is important to me. It is to bring attention to cases of violence against children."

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                in the comments he said this: "Sorry if you didn't understand me. I am supporting a petition in my home country of Lithuania that is important to me. It is to bring attention to cases of violence against children."
                Oh I see. Good job JV. Child abusers should be hanged

Comment

Oh I see. Good job JV. Child abusers should be hanged
                  That's probably the most agreeable statement ever made on Raps Republic. Even ChristianL should agree

Comment

• We're 5 years in and Casey still not trusting him. Honestly, what's the point of having him on the roster?
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      We're 5 years in and Casey still not trusting him. Honestly, what's the point of having him on the roster?
                      Rather have him than Casey.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Yep. We should absolutely not be throwing players away to other teams just because some crinkly imbecile doesn't want to use them. Get rid of the problem first

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I'm with him ^^^^

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            That's probably the most agreeable statement ever made on Raps Republic. Even ChristianL should agree
                            But what if DeRozan is the child abuser?

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              But what if DeRozan is the child abuser?
                              He's just having an off day, even Deebo makes mistakes

Comment

• Crossposting from the Lowe post podcast thread. Very interesting stuff:

Lots of Raps talk on the new Lowe post podcast.

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/...6src%3Ddesktop

-Lowe: Raps have no shot at 2nd seed
                                -FINALLY got off the pot and made a deal
                                -loves Ibaka trade, thinks it'll be even better for us than on paper
                                -Ibaka did not seem motivated in Orlando
                                -there is value in not playing bad players, which Patterson injury has forced us to do (Sullinger is out of shape disaster)
                                -interesting discussion about the value of all-offense, no-defense low post players like Monroe, Vucevic, and... Valanciunas (sometimes okay on D)
                                -Lowe is less convinced than ever that a defensive stretch 4 can be paired with plodding center, because the 4 is chasing his man on the perimeter, negating shotblocking benefits
                                -Ibaka + Jonas interesting test case, because our payroll will be huge
                                -believes we will have to cut salary to avoid tax bill
                                -Beck: Valanciunas joins pool of essentially unmovable players. Talked to an exec, there is a glut of big men like Monroe, Brook Lopez, all-o, no-d guys, Nets may not even get one first rounder for Lopez
                                -if you lined up all the all-o/no-d guys like Monroe, Jefferson, Okafor vs all-d/no-o guys like Gobert, Noel etc, execs choose later every time
                                -Lowe: league is skeptical Raps can dump Carroll without compensation

Interesting that the perception of Jonas seems now squarely in that Monroe/Vucevic group. We may really have missed the boat on getting full value for him, barring some kind of reversal in Casey's playing time/usage of him or a monster playoff run.

Comment

Working...
                                X