Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    JV: 14pts, 14reb, 3blocks, 1steal, 0to, 2fouls, 3/6fg, 8/10ft
    I love it. 14 points on 6 shots. I absolutely love it.

Comment

• my work desk just raised 6 inches
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I check this thread for every update, JV's statlines never cease to turn me on.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Fuck Kemba Walker. lol
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Valanciunas' backup center, Predrag Samardziski, is out for 4weeks with a sprained ankle and JV is the only true center left in the line-up, so we'll see extended playing time by JV. This is a good time to watch how he'll control his fouls, one of his major weakneses in the past

Comment

• Thanks for the great news Vykis!!!
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                JV: 14pts, 14reb, 3blocks, 1steal, 0to, 2fouls, 3/6fg, 8/10ft
                Boxscore from this game.

Video from this game:

JV already has 80% (percentage made up by me, but a strong majority is my meaning) of post players in the NBA beat in one area of his game: he can go left in the post. See 2:35 of the video: he drop stepped to the left baseline.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Mar 17, 2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Not just because of this comment, but Alex Kennedy for me is the best and most trusted contributor at HoopsWorld.com. I find many of their contributors who offer rumours are full of poop *yes, I'm looking at you Ingram*. Anyways:

kevin
                  What do you think of Jonas Valanciunas? Is he the favorite to win ROY next season?

Alex Kennedy
                  I’m a huge fan of Jonas Valanciunas. If it weren’t for his contract situation, he likely would’ve been picked even higher in last year’s draft. By drafting him fifth overall, the Raptors got a steal. Scouts rave about him and say that he has the potential to be an elite player. I’m really looking forward to seeing him in the NBA and it’s possible that he could win Rookie of the Year next season. He’ll definitely have the opportunity to play right away, which means he’ll have a shot.
                  http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...-kennedy-31612

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    He's not that skinny, lol
                    Yes he is. He's skinnier than Ed Davis

Comment

• Then wait till Valanciunas arrives
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Then wait till Valanciunas arrives
                        Thomas is a skinny fat man. His skin just hangs off him. His build reminds me of a clip from FashionTelevision.

I wouldn't classify JV as skinny anymore. Pictures and video of him last year to now are showing significant gains in size, in my opinion. Also, while I agree he is thin, he does have noticeable muscle. His frame is very promising with very broad shoulders.

Comment

• Self explanatory

Comment

• Well yes, actually I believe he will look like Chandler after 3/4 years:
                            http://www.jimrome.com/cimages/var/e...oto_medium.jpg
                            I would say it's pretty similar:
                            http://www.bernardinai.lt/file/5a81a...bb3a18f3c7.jpg

Comment

Self explanatory
                              I'm not smart enough.

Comment

Well yes, actually I believe he will look like Chandler after 3/4 years:
                                http://www.jimrome.com/cimages/var/e...oto_medium.jpg
                                I would say it's pretty similar:
                                http://www.bernardinai.lt/file/5a81a...bb3a18f3c7.jpg
                                I think Chandler is a fair comparison. I think that size would allow him to retain the characteristics of his game that make him such an intriguing prospect.

This is the pic of Jonas you posted. It is from last year last year I believe.

Here is one from this summer:

And another from February 28th EuroCup competition:

Comment

Working...
                                X