X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I think it's a separate stat... for example:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012101008

At the bottom it will show the Raps had 7 team rebounds.. and 32 individual rebounds which would make a total of 39. The Pistons had 11 team rebounds, and 47 individual ones, which would make a total of 58.
    Wow. I can't believe I've never noticed that before.

You learn something new everyday...

Comment

• Coach Davis talks about Jonas

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...is_jeff_blair/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I think there is a stat for team rebounds.. so if the rebound is questionable, it is rewarded to the team as opposed to the player. Although I think a good box out goes unrewarded.. as do some other hustle stats like taking a charge, deflections or winning jump balls, etc.
        Team rebounds aren't for questionable rebounds, they're for when a rebound goes out of bounds or there's a violation (for example, if a player shoots as the shot clock is expiring and airballs). In the case of a tip-out the official scorer decides whether to credit the rebound to the guy who tips it or the guy who brings it in. The general guideline is purposefulness, but it can be somewhat subjective, like assists or steals.

Comment

• I predict that if JV gets 30 minutes a game this season (a lot), he will average 10, 10, 2, with a high FG% and FT%.

If this does happen, JV should be on his way to becoming one of the best centers in the league. Roy Hibbert averaged 13, 9, 2, shooting 50%. And he was regarded last season as a breakthrough big man netting himself an all-star team selection, and an ENORMOUS contract.

It's obviously too early to be predicting anything now, but from the habits on D and O that I saw these past two games, Jonas is lookin great so far, much thanks to his good motor. With a little more confidence, and some better positioning for rebounds, we'll have ourselves a winner.
          Last edited by Sig; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• If the last two games are any indication, after missing most of the training camp so far, this boy is player ready. He will be in the Rookie game for sure and definitely in consideration for ROY.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              If the last two games are any indication, after missing most of the training camp so far, this boy is player ready. He will be in the Rookie game for sure and definitely in consideration for ROY.
              Lets temper the expectations a little bit. Although, if he consistently brings a 12 point, 8 rebounds, a block a night, no doubt he'll be in the running. Unless, the other cat named Anthony Davis shows up.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I don't think he'll be in the Rising Stars game, as long as idiots like Chuck and Shaq are picking the players...
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• BC gets shit on for his, shall we say, embellishment of the Raptors prospects - prospects as in players and competitiveness. But I have to say it is kind of hard not to be enamored with Valanciunas when reading his quotes:

``I'm happy, I'm happy because we won the game,'' the rookie said afterward. ``I like the crowd, how they support us, that was wonderful. That was a great day for me.''
                  Then with 48 seconds left in the game, and the Raptors up by three, Valanciunas drove to the basket and finished with a pretty hook shot.

When a reported jokingly asked if he had recently perfected that move, the Lithuanian smiled and said: ``Yeah. This morning.''
                  Casey said the Lithuanian's presence on the court Friday was more ``for conditioning than anything else,'' and that he would play until he ``gets tired or gets in foul trouble, whichever comes first.''

Turns out it was neither, although Valanciunas, who played in a black protective sleeve that covered his leg from ankle to mid-thigh, was breathing heavily when he took a seat midway through the third quarter.

``Man, I was tired a little bit because that my third practice, I had just two practices before, but I'm getting back in shape. It's going to be all right,'' he said. ``I feel good, a little bit tired, but (Saturday) we have a day off, I'm going to rest, take care of my body.''

Valanciunas finished with three fouls.

Casey said fouling will be the biggest challenge he'll face this season as he adjusts to the NBA game.

``One thing I did tell him was to learn the officials' names, so when he talks to them he doesn't say, 'Hey ref,''' Casey said. ``Learn their name and get to know them. . . I found that officials want to help young guys, if you go and approach them the right way and ask them in the right way, they'll answer your question.''

http://www.nba.com/raptors/recap_101212

Some good advice from Casey right there.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Oct 13, 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• I thought that JV's defence has been very good. Munroe is a tough guy to defend, and JV handled him quite well in the block the times that he was matched up. His touch around the basket is also very good, as Sabonis has noted in the past. He'll finish a lot of plays, and with his good foul shooting I think that he could average 10 ppg this season. If he plays 25+ minutes a night I could see him putting up 10ppg, 5-6 rpg and 1-2 bpg. Add to that how he affects the game with strong interior defence and creating room on offence by running the floor and rolling hard to the basket and he will be a strong contributor on the team. Oh, and his enthusiasm and intensity will be a nice addition among the bigs.

Comment

• I think the biggest surprise was Ed Davis, what a solid game he had. And that pump fake-drive to the bucket play he had was very reminiscent of another lefty we used to have

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        I don't think he'll be in the Rising Stars game, as long as idiots like Chuck and Shaq are picking the players...
                        Yeah, that upsets me, because those two will be choosing the guys they've seen and or have coverage of.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                          I don't think he'll be in the Rising Stars game, as long as idiots like Chuck and Shaq are picking the players...
                          Chuck and Shaq don't choose which players participate in the game. They are given a pool of 20 players, and have to select players from that pool. Well that's how it worked last year.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                            Chuck and Shaq don't choose which players participate in the game. They are given a pool of 20 players, and have to select players from that pool. Well that's how it worked last year.

And out of the centres? Kanter, Davis, Drummond, list goes on...

Jonas isn't getting in sadly, which would be a shame...
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Shaq might choose Big V cause him being a bigman himself will know how good JV is. Chuck on the other hand can F off

Comment

• Can we please get rid of the thread headline that reads "Buyout Talk" and replace it with "ROY"?

Comment

Working...
                                X