7reb
    4 turnovers
    1 block
    3 fouls
    3 drawn fouls
    1 assist
    3/4 fg
    0/0 ft

Match was between Lietuvos Rytas (17-2) and arguably one of Lithuanian leagues worst teams (3-15). Even though JV's performance doesn't look much, I doubt anyone of Rytas' roster had a lot of motivation against my hometowns team. That's probably the reason Rytas lost the first quarter 16:23.

Final result

Lietuvos Rytas 77:49 Lietkabelis

EDIT:
    Got some info that Valančiūnas wasn't even prepared to play against Lietkabelis, but since Redikas was injured BigV showed up on the court with Redikas' jersey since he didn't have his own LOL.

Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Fri Mar 9, 2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential: thanks for the update. There are a couple other Lithuanian posters here as well. It is great to hear your perspective and input.

Comment

• I am actually pretty psyched about Jonas. Team MVP for Rytas most games this year according to their website. Watched some film and he is gonna have to learn the NBA game, but solid pickup for sure.
        limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

• Are there livestreams where u can see some games? I am searching for some time now and wasn't able to find one. Replays ore downloadable replays would be nice too.

Comment

• jjiio wrote: View Post
            Are there livestreams where u can see some games? I am searching for some time now and wasn't able to find one. Replays ore downloadable replays would be nice too.
            Perhaps this?
            http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ion=long&uni=3

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

• You can try as well
                VTB games at Lrytas.tv
                Eurocup games at Lrytas.tv

Comment

• For all the people that don't believe in Bismack. Ever since he has gotten an opportunity to start (30+ min a game) he's been on fire. Averaging close to 3.5 blocks and 9 rebounds (lately) while scoring on high % (generally), he needs to improve his FT % though.

Bismack Biyombo 6.5 PT .500 of 5.2 FG .426 of 3.1 FT -- 3P 8.2/2.7 RB 0.6 AS 2.5 BL 0.6 ST 1.4 TO 2.4 PF 27.0 MN 15/15 GS

Bismack Biyombo 6.6 PT .464 of 5.6 FG .389 of 3.6 FT -- 3P 8.6/2.9 RB 0.6 AS 3.2 BL 0.7 ST 1.4 TO 2.5 PF 27.5 MN 10/10 GS (last 10 games)

Bismack Biyombo 8.2 PT .457 of 7.0 FG .474 of 3.8 FT -- 3P 10.0/3.2 RB 0.6 AS 2.8 BL 0.8 ST 1.6 TO 2.8 PF 31.1 MN 5/5 GS (last 5 games)

I am going to be surprised if jonas can average 8 and 2.5 or even 8/1.70. The only thing that seems to be better about Jonas is his offense, which is ok but I think we'd be better off with a C that specializes in D and let other parts of our team run the offense.
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Defense is what Jonas is specializing in and he is still improving his offense. I like Bismack, he's playing very solid lately and we can't deny the fact that he is very gifted athlete. Jonas is a white guy and he doesn't really have the hops like Bismack (not even close), but I do think Jonas is a better fit for Raptors going forward. I would like to say that JV is a more talented all around player than Bismack, but I won't, because obviously I am biased.
                    Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                      Defense is what Jonas is specializing in and he is still improving his offense. I like Bismack, he's playing very solid lately and we can't deny the fact that he is very gifted athlete. Jonas is a white guy and he doesn't really have the hops like Bismack (not even close), but I do think Jonas is a better fit for Raptors going forward. I won't say that JV is more talented all around player than Bismack because obviously I am biased.
                      jv will be better than bismack, dont even need to bring race into it. jv is going to be a double double guy and a solid shot blocker. i have yet to hear bismack compared to anyone near the skill of sabonis

Comment

• JV hasn't proven anything yet. He has done good in under 19 but I've yet to see him play extended min against pros (he's currently the backup) or have any games close to the level Bismack is playing. I guess I'll wait and see but I am not going to get my hopes up.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          JV hasn't proven anything yet. He has done good in under 19 but I've yet to see him play extended min against pros (he's currently the backup) or have any games close to the level Bismack is playing. I guess I'll wait and see but I am not going to get my hopes up.

i have hopes so high theyve mixed ketamine and ecstasy together in a mixing bowl and are just going face first.

Comment

• They are different players. JV will never dominate in blocks. If Biyombo can turn into Mutombo, good for him. As for JV, we'll need to wait a year at least to see, what he is capable of in NBA. Everything else is now speculation.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              JV hasn't proven anything yet. He has done good in under 19 but I've yet to see him play extended min against pros (he's currently the backup) or have any games close to the level Bismack is playing. I guess I'll wait and see but I am not going to get my hopes up.

Then you haven't been following if you still think he is currently the backup. He has been starting consistently for the last 2 months - except against very weak teams where they have rested players. Games in Europe are also 40 minutes versus 48 in the NBA. Minute allocation for playing time tends to be different as well due to the European emphasis on team play and consistently running 10 men deep. Finally, for a more apples to apples comparison, look at what JV did last year against superior competition in Europe. The only advantage Bismack had was in blocks.

You are absolutely correct JV hasn't proven anything yet in the NBA. Yet there are many more informed and intelligent people than myself - not associated with the Raptors - referring to him as the #2 pick in last year's draft and this year's draft. I have not heard such high praise for Biyombo.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Then you haven't been following if you still think he is currently the backup. He has been starting consistently for the last 2 months - except against very weak teams where they have rested players. Games in Europe are also 40 minutes versus 48 in the NBA. Minute allocation for playing time tends to be different as well due to the European emphasis on team play and consistently running 10 men deep. Finally, for a more apples to apples comparison, look at what JV did last year against superior competition in Europe. The only advantage Bismack had was in blocks.

You are absolutely correct JV hasn't proven anything yet in the NBA. Yet there are many more informed and intelligent people than myself - not associated with the Raptors - referring to him as the #2 pick in last year's draft and this year's draft. I have not heard such high praise for Biyombo.
                                People that were more informed and intelligent than us were also saying Bismack was one of the rarest athletes to come along in many many years. The reason he fell was because he was considered "raw". He still is but he's progressing really well, he just needs to work on his offense.

BTW Most people here are completely ignoring the fact he's only 19 (younger than Jonas).IMO he has more upside than Jonas as well.

If Jonas can become a 10/10 guy, I guess I will be happy. I just don't think he'll ever be as good as Bismack defensively because he just doesn't have the athleticism.
                                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X