Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Lowry should be his mentor for losing weight.
    Man, EXACTLY. This is exactly what I had in mind, and for some reason never made the connection.

Look at what Lowry was able to do, without losing any of his Bulldog Strength. And dude is shredded.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      3 years ago.. "Jonas needs to bulk up FAST!", "Jonas is skinny as fuck!"
      And I was in that boat too .. but pictured him going more the direction of Dwight Howard than Old Sabonis. haha

Comment

• This from his old Club Coach even a couple of years ago, from the World Cup, which is when he basically developed the weight he's currently carrying around:

I assume "softer" is lost in translation somewhere ... haha

Comment

• Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            But how can you say that? He used to be slim and cut.

Work out a lot and you get muscles. Eat a lot, and get fat.
            He used to be just skinny and I'd say his ripped level would be similar to an average NBA players. Some people just have a thin frame and have a hard time putting on weight. Look at Bosh. If he could something similar to Bosh, that'd be great.

Joey wrote: View Post
            I disagree completely actually.
            [Your body is one of the only things you have FULL control over. There is no technique or skill required to be in shape.

If JV were always thick cut, like Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph or Cousins, then I would agree with you, that he is just predisposed to having a bulky frame, but he's not. We know that. He probably had 5% body fat when we drafted him. Lol
            But there's genetics, which one has no control over.

This is JV in his rookie year. No way in hell is that 5% bf. 5% is ridiculously low and he'd probably be the most ripped man in the NBA if he had that.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              He used to be just skinny and I'd say his ripped level would be similar to an average NBA players. Some people just have a thin frame and have a hard time putting on weight. Look at Bosh. If he could something similar to Bosh, that'd be great.

But there's genetics, which one has no control over.

This is JV in his rookie year. No way in hell is that 5% bf. 5% is ridiculously low and he'd probably be the most ripped man in the NBA if he had that.
              That's after he spent the year after being drafted being told to bulk up .. With likely very little over site of pro trainers on hand to assist.

This is him right after being drafted:

Comment

• Since sitting out 3 games, JV is averaging 2.6 blocks per game, 10.6 RPG and 13 PPG in just 28 MPG over the last 8 games.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Since sitting out 3 games, JV is averaging 2.6 blocks per game, 10.6 RPG and 13 PPG in just 28 MPG over the last 8 games.
                  Playoff JV is coming (please)

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Since sitting out 3 games, JV is averaging 2.6 blocks per game, 10.6 RPG and 13 PPG in just 28 MPG over the last 8 games.
                    In those 8 games:

Only BeBe (6 total minutes played) and Thompson (less than 15 MPG) have better on court net ratings than JV (+6.9).
                    Only those two plus Wright and Bruno have better on court defensive ratings than JV (99.9).
                    JV has the highest offensive rebound rate (12.4%) and highest defensive rebound rate (27.0%) on the team.

And thank goodness he's been stepping up because Biyombo has been a disaster in that time. One of the worst offensive ratings on the team, the worst (by 5 clear points) defensive rating on the team (117), and the worst net rating on the team (-16.2) over the last 8 games.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      In those 8 games:

Only BeBe (6 total minutes played) and Thompson (less than 15 MPG) have better on court net ratings than JV (+6.9).
                      Only those two plus Wright and Bruno have better on court defensive ratings than JV (99.9).
                      JV has the highest offensive rebound rate (12.4%) and highest defensive rebound rate (27.0%) on the team.

And thank goodness he's been stepping up because Biyombo has been a disaster in that time. One of the worst offensive ratings on the team, the worst (by 5 clear points) defensive rating on the team (117), and the worst net rating on the team (-16.2) over the last 8 games.
                      teams have figured Bismack out. They just go to whatever semi-competent post scorer they have and he's clueless.

also, Dan, where do you pull these "past x game" numbers? Are you calculating them yourself from game logs?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        teams have figured Bismack out. They just go to whatever semi-competent post scorer they have and he's clueless.

also, Dan, where do you pull these "past x game" numbers? Are you calculating them yourself from game logs?
                        NBA.com/stats has a very nice filter feature for simple and advanced stats (the ones they calculate, anyway). Date range, last N games, pre and post all star, versus opponents, etc.

Start here for Raptors' player stats, click on the little gear at the top right to show the filtering options:
                        http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...yers/advanced/
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• You better believe that Jonas stepping up lately has something to do with all this BB vs JV talk. Internal competition is a great thing - it reveals a lot about one's character and JV is a winner.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                            You better believe that Jonas stepping up lately has something to do with all this BB vs JV talk. Internal competition is a great thing - it reveals a lot about one's character and JV is a winner.
                            JV has been better all season long. Biyombo just plays a 'louder' game and had more big-time blocks earlier in the season. JV's block totals have been solid lately, but they're still not as visible as Biyombo's (and they don't get talked up by Jack/Leo/Matt the same way Biyombo's do).

My concern is that Casey continues to use Biyombo as the defensive piece in late game offense-for-defense substitutions, even when he doesn't actually provide anything more beneficial than JV. In last night's game, on two straight defensive possessions Biyombo was over-aggressive, and wound up giving the Hornets an and-one opportunity. What's the point of putting in a defensive replacement, if he's going to do that?

I hope Biyombo leaves after the season to pursue a more lucrative contract, leaving Bebe as the backup. Not only will it give Bebe an opportunity to show what he's capable of in a backup role, but it will cement JV as the #1 option, while removing an option to steal minutes away from him.

Comment

• JV sure looked pretty light off his feet on that massive oop last night.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                JV sure looked pretty light off his feet on that massive oop last night.

I read that postgame last night he mentioned that he changed his diet?

Must have given up all those late night Mcdonald's drive-thru runs.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X