Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post
    A frustrated Jonas...

Jonas was called for unsportsmanlike foul which is equivalent to a flagrant 1 foul.

Comment

• http://m.basketball.realgm.com/artic...anchise-player

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Do they have "flagrants"? That would have been one here...no-no Jonas.

This is why Euro Ball is better,not No Balls Association.
        I wish nba would go back 2 golden days of bad boys pistons,knicks,heat,boston...doesn't have 2 b fights,but just good old fashioned hard fouls and let them play,u can't even put hand on the guy,common.
        The game is 2 friendly,not enough passion,everyone hugging and kissing,garbage.
        Jonas gave him foul,nothing 2 it.
        So glad this guy is on our team,I rather have a guy who cares and want's 2 win,not like half the nba,just get paid,brutal.
        Anyway,Jonas is played pretty good,franchise good.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• cant wait to see him play

Comment

• Comment

• JV had a great game against France, although Lithuania lost in the end... JV finished with 25 points and 9 rebounds. As the championship progressed, he looked more and more solid, more and more confident. His post game has improved so so much!!! Also, his D - positioning and defending without fouling - is way better. On O, he often looks unstoppable. When posting up, he takes deep position very quickly and knows what he wants to do immediately upon catching the ball. Does some shime moves, left right, backs his defender down, goes one side, recovers goes other side, creates space and knocks down the 3 footer like it's a layup... or he gets fouled where he consistently knocks down his FTs. He's got the highest FG% of all players in the tournament! I'm excited for this season, can't wait for october 30. Let the dominant JV era begin!

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                JV had a great game against France, although Lithuania lost in the end... JV finished with 25 points and 9 rebounds. As the championship progressed, he looked more and more solid, more and more confident. His post game has improved so so much!!! Also, his D - positioning and defending without fouling - is way better. On O, he often looks unstoppable. When posting up, he takes deep position very quickly and knows what he wants to do immediately upon catching the ball. Does some shime moves, left right, backs his defender down, goes one side, recovers goes other side, creates space and knocks down the 3 footer like it's a layup... or he gets fouled where he consistently knocks down his FTs. He's got the highest FG% of all players in the tournament! I'm excited for this season, can't wait for october 30. Let the dominant JV era begin!
                FIBA's not the NBA, but footwork is footwork. NBA refs call a different game than FIBA refs, so JV will have to adjust his aggressive play, but he's a smart guy. Won't take him long. The refs emphasize stuff during the preseason, so he gets a chance to find his way again in the 5-6 preseason games.

Comment

JV had a great game against France, although Lithuania lost in the end... JV finished with 25 points and 9 rebounds. As the championship progressed, he looked more and more solid, more and more confident. His post game has improved so so much!!! Also, his D - positioning and defending without fouling - is way better. On O, he often looks unstoppable. When posting up, he takes deep position very quickly and knows what he wants to do immediately upon catching the ball. Does some shime moves, left right, backs his defender down, goes one side, recovers goes other side, creates space and knocks down the 3 footer like it's a layup... or he gets fouled where he consistently knocks down his FTs. He's got the highest FG% of all players in the tournament! I'm excited for this season, can't wait for october 30. Let the dominant JV era begin!
                  Highest free throw percentage in the tournament! Just beautiful tool to have as a 7ft center. And to think, Drmmond shot 41.8% from the charity stripe last season.

Andries Biedrins was one of the top offensive centres in the league once, and much if it was due to being able to hit free throws.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                    Highest free throw percentage in the tournament! Just beautiful tool to have as a 7ft center. And to think, Drmmond shot 41.8% from the charity stripe last season.

Andries Biedrins was one of the top offensive centres in the league once, and much if it was due to being able to hit free throws.
                    What you talking about?

Biedrins was a career 50% free throw shooter with his career high being 62%. And career low being 16%!

JV is already a much better free throw shooter then Biedrins
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Total brainfart on my part...I was going from memory and obviously got some stats mixed up in my brain. Can't place who I was thinking of. Thanks for the correction!
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• France doesn't start a Center. They pretty much starting two PRs. JV is suppose to dominate that frontcourt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          France doesn't start a Center. They pretty much starting two PRs. JV is suppose to dominate that frontcourt.

They do have a center who happened to shut down BOTH Gasol brothers in the quarter finals... he is a little known young guy, but has proven he's got the talent...

Comment

They do have a center who happened to shut down BOTH Gasol brothers in the quarter finals... he is a little known young guy, but has proven he's got the talent...
                            Are we talking about Lauvergne? In yesterday's game with JV guarding him, Lauvergne crossed over with the ball around the 3 point line and blew by JV for a layup. Very impressive.

Comment

• All I'm saying JV will see a lot tougher match ups in the regular season.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Are we talking about Lauvergne? In yesterday's game with JV guarding him, Lauvergne crossed over with the ball around the 3 point line and blew by JV for a layup. Very impressive.

I thought they were talkin bout Rudy Gobert

Comment

Working...
                                X