Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    Yes but those guys still saw their typical minutes mostly. There's 2 capable looking 5s behind JV, albeit with some injury history and an unproven track record.
    Carroll hasn't even been playing on back-to-backs. How is that regular minutes? Patterson wasn't hurt, he just couldn't shoot. JV is hurt. You can actually look at his games and see the drop-off from the Philly injury.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Carroll hasn't even been playing on back-to-backs. How is that regular minutes? Patterson wasn't hurt, he just couldn't shoot. JV is hurt. You can actually look at his games and see the drop-off from the Philly injury.
      That's typical for Carroll this year. Hopefully his struggles are injury related.

Comment

• Damn, 1-8 ??? Are you serious ?

Cavs have a big 3 and we ONLY have a big 2 !!!

Big Val needs to step up and 1-8 does not cut it ...

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Damn, 1-8 ??? Are you serious ?

Cavs have a big 3 and we ONLY have a big 2 !!!

Big Val needs to step up and 1-8 does not cut it ...
          Also terrible defense the cavs ran pick and roll against him everytime he was on the court. He has to be one of the worst rim protecting 7 footers in the league.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
            Also terrible defense the cavs ran pick and roll against him everytime he was on the court. He has to be one of the worst rim protecting 7 footers in the league.
            Don't know the numbers but when you have Lebron or Kyrie running the PnR, nobody's guarding that.

Comment

• Did anyone here ever play basketball? Anyone ever roll their ankle and deal with tape and swelling for a couple weeks? Anyone ever shoot 1-8? Did the world stop turning when these things happened?

Bebe has a couple nice games and we're already talking about giving him $17m/year, JV has a couple bad ones and he's a complete piece of trash.

Oh yes, Ross, Patterson, and Carroll all should have been traded a couple of weeks ago. It's almost like these guys are human and not basketball droids. All I know is at this rate the whole roster will be traded by Christmas. Useless crap players.

The only thing I care about wrt Cleveland is giving them a better showing in the spring. The regular season means nothing (in a sense). The Raps have yet to play particularly well against them and have only lost by 1-2 buckets in all three games.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I forgot CoJo. He was also trash and was suppsoed to be traded a couple of weeks ago.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Did anyone here ever play basketball? Anyone ever roll their ankle and deal with tape and swelling for a couple weeks? Anyone ever shoot 1-8? Did the world stop turning when these things happened?

Bebe has a couple nice games and we're already talking about giving him $17m/year, JV has a couple bad ones and he's a complete piece of trash.

Oh yes, Ross, Patterson, and Carroll all should have been traded a couple of weeks ago. It's almost like these guys are human and not basketball droids. All I know is at this rate the whole roster will be traded by Christmas. Useless crap players.

The only thing I care about wrt Cleveland is giving them a better showing in the spring. The regular season means nothing (in a sense). The Raps have yet to play particularly well against them and have only lost by 1-2 buckets in all three games.
                  Not surprising. People here only seem short term memories. I really won't care about how JV plays until the Playoffs, everyone has bad games in an 82 game season, same goes for Patterson and Cojo.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Not surprising. People here only seem short term memories. I really won't care about how JV plays until the Playoffs, everyone has bad games in an 82 game season, same goes for Patterson and Cojo.
                    Why?

So if he plays like this every game it's ok?

JV's last 4 games:

vs MEM - 6 points 4 rebounds 4 turnovers
                    vs LAL - 6 points 7 rebounds
                    vs ATL - 2 points 5 rebounds
                    vs CLE - 4 points 10 rebounds
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      So you think he can have shitty games like this and suddenly turn it around and become a monster in Play offs ???
                      Where is the logic in that ??

Don't lie to yourself, JV is struggeling and if he does not figure it out soon, he will struggle in the playoffs and so will Raptors.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Did anyone here ever play basketball? Anyone ever roll their ankle and deal with tape and swelling for a couple weeks? Anyone ever shoot 1-8? Did the world stop turning when these things happened?

Yeah, was on crutches for two weeks.

We played well vs cavs in one of the games iirc?

Jv played his game vs Detroit in gm 1 - 32 pts. Dd killed it too and they never looked back. We need jv (dd too) to play defense at all times regardless. For me, its been a problem since Charlotte (gm 5?). That was before the knee contusion or the sprained ankle.
                        The OKC game (gm 8?) showed me our guards have a lot easier time throwing 5/5 lobs to a rim runner than trying to force feed jv 3/5 post touches and they do a better job of containing a Westbrook type penetration with a more mobile shot blocker.
                        Jv would still be useful for certain matchups all season and particularly useful in half court offense in the playoffs.
                        Every yr there seems to be another giles type on the horizon that tips the scales away from jv, for better or worse but seems worse imo.
                        I don't actually remember when jv got the knee contusion, was it gm 2? Anyway, he hasn't been a good defender his whole career. .9 dbpm was his best mark as a rookie. .1 for his career. Hes a good D rebounder.

Comment

• At some point JV has to stop letting C's that are almost out the league out play him. It happen with Biz last year and now with Bebe.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So you think he can have shitty games like this and suddenly turn it around and become a monster in Play offs ???

Don't lie to yourself, JV is struggeling and if he does not figure it out soon, he will struggle in the playoffs and so will Raptors.
                            It's more than that to me, the system (and by extension the core personnel) would have to change.
                            Jv doesn't deserve to get dumped on (not saying u r doing this mcR), he's been a dutiful soldier and played well and hard for us for many yrs. We invested a lot in him and he's the highest pick we made on our current roster. I'm just don't think he's being used as a big 3 and I'm not sure he fits the part here? We have an identity now in dd, Kyle and Casey. All pieces need to compliment that system imo. The key players are still colangelos BPA.

Comment

He is basically averaging the same as he did last season now...And he went from that to averaging 14 and 12 in 26 minutes against the Pacers in the first round and 18 and 13 in the first 3 games against the Heat before getting injured. Not as far fetched as you make it seem.

Sure he isn't playing well recently, but there is still 61 games left, not like the Playoffs are starting tomorrow...

Its an 82 game season, struggles happen. Patterson, CoJo and Carroll all struggled early on and now are getting their shots to fall, it happens, especially considering JV injured his ankle against the Sixers, the game before he started struggling.
                              Last edited by A.I; Tue Dec 6, 2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• IMO, last year's playoff Jonas was an anomaly. I don't expect to see that again.

Overall, Jonas is a solid player, but he isn't cut out for Casey's guard-heavy system. The more I watch this team, the more I'm convinced that moving Jonas is the only way we upgrade our PF.

Comment

Working...
                                X