Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Agreed, he will get alot of attention next season. But I like how he often keeps the ball high when he's in the post, with good vision and patience he will be fine. I imagine him receiving the ball down low, waiting for the defense to react, keeping the ball high, passing to a cutting wing if the double comes and making his move if not. I don't see the Raps pushing him to make his move quick like they were trying with Bosh.
    Agreed. You know, JV actually does make the quick move when he's supposed to though. When JV faces up, he goes directly into shooting/pump fake motion, and almost always just fakes and goes, or fakes, doesn't take the drive and shoots on the second pump. He is, however, more patient backing down. That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

As for the passing, I also agree, and put an example earlier in the thread about that kind of passing, because he made one to Fields a few games ago that I can easily see being a frequently made play.

*Straight from that post....I want to see this play a lot next year.
    Found the highlights on youtube for last game...nothign shorter than this...The nice pass to Fields is just after the 3 minute mark.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      And imagine he was getting 15-20 shots a game!

All I can say is they better work on him passing out of double teams this summer
      Agreed.

Hopefully the offense will not have him passing to stationary teammates.

I am going to ask Santa to bring the Raptors some movement/motion to their offense for next season. I've been a pretty good boy, hopefully he agrees.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Agreed. You know, JV actually does make the quick move when he's supposed to though. When JV faces up, he goes directly into shooting/pump fake motion, and almost always just fakes and goes, or fakes, doesn't take the drive and shoots on the second pump. He is, however, more patient backing down. That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

As for the passing, I also agree, and put an example earlier in the thread about that kind of passing, because he made one to Fields a few games ago that I can easily see being a frequently made play.

*Straight from that post....I want to see this play a lot next year.
        Found the highlights on youtube for last game...nothign shorter than this...The nice pass to Fields is just after the 3 minute mark.
        Nice, nothing but upside with this guy. The defensive attention he is going to get should really change the way we play offense next year. I never want to see DD in ISO again!!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Agreed.

Hopefully the offense will not have him passing to stationary teammates.

I am going to ask Santa to bring the Raptors some movement/motion to their offense for next season. I've been a pretty good boy, hopefully he agrees.
          Maybe Santa could fully heal Landry's elbow, so he can get his shot back and be a legitimate NBA starter again. Which would then make it really easy, if not unavoidable, to trade Demar. Those two things happening would increase the team's motion and movement immensely, with nary a coaching change or new play in the playbook. As the example above shows.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Maybe Santa could fully heal Landry's elbow, so he can get his shot back and be a legitimate NBA starter again. Which would then make it really easy, if not unavoidable, to trade Demar. Those two things happening would increase the team's motion and movement immensely, with nary a coaching change or new play in the playbook. As the example above shows.
            You need to ask Father Time for that.... and Alex McKechnie. Santa can only do so much.

And Casey does need to go. He won't have any faith in JV until he is 25.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              You need to ask Father Time for that.... and Alex McKechnie. Santa can only do so much.

And Casey does need to go. He won't have any faith in JV until he is 25.
              I really hope that this is Father Time's department, and not Santa's. And I won't be convinced until I actually see him shooting well, because it's such a freaking strange injury.

The best thing to come out of last night's game for me was that Leo said the injury actually started last year when he was with the Knicks. I'd only ever heard that it had started this year. So, more evidence that, if he can heal 100%, he can get back to shooting 40% from three.

And if he does,,,I think he and Val are both players who could be significant contributors to an upper echelon NBA team. And I think Q could as well; I know the sample size is small, but he's shown me enough to think that he could be a very useful first big off the bench (and maybe a starting four, but that would be the best best best case scenario). And just for fun, I'm going to stay open to the idea that Lowry can somehow, some way, play/be used so that his potential is realized.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                ...*Straight from that post....I want to see this play a lot next year.
                What I like is how quickly Fields reacted as soon as his defender turned around to pay attention to JV. That is what makes him so valuable a player, he recognizes situations super fast and reacts. If he is on the floor with a couple of guys who draw attention, he is going to get free a lot. Hope he fixes his shot in the off-season.

Comment

• I'd like to see Val touch the ball at least once every possession. It seems the offense runs more fluidly when it happens. It's kind of crazy to me that he's become such a monster at the end of the season considering most rookies have hit the wall already. Love it.

I'm so hyped on this dude it's crazy. It's like 3/4 of the way through the season it dawned on him that he's more athletic than most nba centers and decided he's had enough. Dude goes hard in the paint.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ookie-campaign

"Valanciunas gets an A for effort and an A for improvement. "

Comment

• Not sure if posted... JV's GF:

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                        Not sure if posted... JV's GF:

well.....

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ookie-campaign

"Valanciunas gets an A for effort and an A for improvement. "
                          Bleachers ... written by a (about) 20 year old intern, a college girl from Boston who is more into conservative politics than Basketball and of whom I'm almost 100% certain that she has only seen Valanciunas playing Boston (if that).

Comment

aw shit.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

And this is her father (I think) - the one with the fish on his head.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                And this is her father (I think) - the one with the fish on his head.

Yep, I believe he's a current member of Lithuanian parliament. So not sure if she's a gold digger or just likes JV's D (defense).

Comment

Working...
                                X