Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Any insight in to why the un-JV-like shooting percentages?
    No Matt, only stats a can rely on for this game.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
      Seems like weak competition, or hes beasting on fools.
      is that lith. league? because it looks pretty lamesauce

Comment

Source: RotoWorld.com

Well, well, well.... and Toronto was criticized for taking JV. At least JV is playing games.

He played in the game yesterday but he wasn't very good. He did have a monster double handed block though. Can't wait to see him develop.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          He played in the game yesterday but he wasn't very good. He did have a monster double handed block though. Can't wait to see him develop.
          Yes. I should have updated this. Basically Charlotte hired a bunch of lawyers - and one who could speak - spanish and they negotiated a buyout. They originally wanted $4.2M for the buyout.... yikes. I think they got down to $1.5M. Regardless, Biyombo is now a Bobcat.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
            Seems like weak competition, or hes beasting on fools.
            Unfortunately after watching the video I would tend to agree.

Comment

Looks like that Juventus team is playing small ball the whole entire game lol
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Team of outsiders. Basically there are only 5 teams in that league which are really competitive, others are potential wins for Val's team. This one is not an exception.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• L. Rytas wins 107-55.

JV with a big game:
                  22 points
                  8/10 fg
                  6/6 ft
                  11 rebounds
                  2 ast
                  0 stl
                  2 blk
                  2 to
                  1 foul
                  35 efficiency.

Boxscore

Anyone aware of issues with JV's knees? He is wearing some clunky Bosh-like leg attire.

Comment

• I love how JV just punishes inferior players. That should give him the confidence to play a really good game in the NBA even as a rookie. I'd love to see JV on the all-rookie team next year, or be a ROY candidate... doing that against the 2012 draft stud machine would be fantastic.

Comment

• Palanga, the team they played, is hosted by a town of ~20,000 people. It's a seaside resort town. Pretty sleepy this time of year. So I wouldn't expect them to be able to pay the greatest players.

I do like the fact that JV seems to be the fastest person back to his end of the court on his team, even against a team of this calibre. I like to see that work ethic.

Comment

Anyone aware of issues with JV's knees? He is wearing some clunky Bosh-like leg attire.
                        Haven't been able to find anything on Lithuanian sites, so I don't think much of it.

Comment

• Another blowout win for L. Rytas - 106-65.

JV's statline:

19 points
                          7/7 fg
                          5/7 ft
                          6 rebs
                          1 ast
                          0 stl
                          0 blk
                          0 to
                          27 efficiency

12:55 MINUTES

Boxscore

Certainly the competition can be questioned. However if we diminish JV's accomplishments against inferior competition, one must do the same when top players for UNC, Kentucky, Syracuse, etc. are playing against teams like Nicholls State, Elon, Mississippi Valley State, Radford, Portland, Samford, Loyola (MD), Manhattan, Bucknell, Fordham, etc.

Comment

Another blowout win for L. Rytas - 106-65.

JV's statline:

19 points
                            7/7 fg
                            5/7 ft
                            6 rebs
                            1 ast
                            0 stl
                            0 blk
                            0 to
                            27 efficiency

12:55 MINUTES

Boxscore

Certainly the competition can be questioned. However if we diminish JV's accomplishments against inferior competition, one must do the same when top players for UNC, Kentucky, Syracuse, etc. are playing against teams like Nicholls State, Elon, Mississippi Valley State, Radford, Portland, Samford, Loyola (MD), Manhattan, Bucknell, Fordham, etc.
                            This is still against a professional team, and he posted those stats in 13 minutes? Crazy. If a player like Drummond posted stats like those, even against a non-ranked team, people would be talking of how he is a future star in the league.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I'd love to see JV on the all-rookie team next year, or be a ROY candidate... doing that against the 2012 draft stud machine would be fantastic.
                              Where would JV rank is he was in the 2012 draft? Still a top 5 pick?

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                This is still against a professional team, and he posted those stats in 13 minutes? Crazy. If a player like Drummond posted stats like those, even against a non-ranked team, people would be talking of how he is a future star in the league.
                                I most certainly agree. I try to update all his games (and if I miss one or am late irgigi or RytasFan97 do a fine job as well). What I've noticed is he will play very well or have a good stat line and the comments typically are along the lines of inferior competition. The NCAA vs. professional euro leagues is an old debate around here and one that, in my opinion, is based more on perceptions and opinions rather than realities.

Comment

Working...
                                X