Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    I see that more as a patience and not trying to rush/force anything, if you follow Spurs for example, you could see that Timmy is approaching it in a very similar fashion, not trying to take a bad low-percentage shot but instead reading what can be given to him. I also think, that JV suprised a lot of people (myself included) with his post game this season. I actually didn't think he was this capable on offense. It almost makes up for the fact that he's a bit of a liability sometimes on the defensive end.

Regarding that chicken/egg argument, I'd say it's definitely because of the selfish and always chucking play by the wings (Gay, DD, AA). I hope the coaching staff will make some adjustments this off season and give Jonas at least 10-15 touches every game. It seems like he could average the same point average as Gay with half the amount of shots. You can't expect to be a playoff calibre team if you build your offense around Gay or DD.
    Tim is also nearly 40. he certainly didnt play slow in his younger years.

Comment

• Jonas needs a post move or two to his left to be less predictable.

Comment

• I'd rather JV work on his court awareness, and passing in the post/out of double teams over post-work with Sabonis, right now that is. JV's post moves seem to be quite advanced for his age, and experience in the league. Seems to have the hang of the basic post movements, and later in the season, we were seeing more and more moves with his back to the basket, such as the fake, and left hand hook.

The reason I would rather him work with Sabonis, is because of his poor court awareness, bad passing out of double teams/post, and also quite predictable when trying to make a play out of it.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Congrats JV!
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I think before he starts thinking about working with the best centers who ever played, he needs to get a twitter account first.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Congrats JV!
              I think he should have been first team, numbers don't blow you away, but his efficiency was second to none.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I think the only reason Tyler Zeller is on the team is because the Cavs had no one else to start when Varejao went down. His stats weren't that great, and his .438 FG% is horrific for big men. Can't use the excuse that he's a rookie, because JV's FG% was a full 10% higher.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Toronto + European + Lithuanian = undervalued
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    I think he should have been first team, numbers don't blow you away, but his efficiency was second to none.
                    I think that JV was better than Barnes during the regular season, and probably deserved a 1st team spot.

Comment

• Ross won the dunk contest why isnt he on the rookie team?

silly NBA dunking is the only thing that matters!

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Ross won the dunk contest why isnt he on the rookie team? ...
                        Tricks are for kids.

Comment

Ross won the dunk contest why isnt he on the rookie team?

Because in all seriousness, that's all he had to show for this season...

Oh, and maybe 3 or 4 good games.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Ross won the dunk contest why isnt he on the rookie team?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ws#stats::none

This is why. Quincy Acy had a better Win Share Average then Ross.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              I think the only reason Tyler Zeller is on the team is because the Cavs had no one else to start when Varejao went down. His stats weren't that great, and his .438 FG% is horrific for big men. Can't use the excuse that he's a rookie, because JV's FG% was a full 10% higher.
                              While I agree that Tyler Zeller was on the 2nd all rookie team because Andy was injured, I don't understand why you compare him to Jonas Valenciunas,

The vast majority of the people on the Cavaliers boards, me included, see Tyler Zeller as a rotation player who may start some games due to injury. We're fine with that as long as he become strong enough to no longer deserve the Chocolate Snow title.

Comment

• I was being a dick lol not serious he didnt deserve to be picked or voted for, love the kid I think hes a cool humble guy but hes gotta wake up and see hes in the NBA and the opportunity is now. Some bloom late than others though..

Comment

Working...
                                X