Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I was being a dick lol not serious he didnt deserve to be picked or voted for, love the kid I think hes a cool humble guy but hes gotta wake up and see hes in the NBA and the opportunity is now. Some bloom late than others though..
    Forward your post to DC and we'll see when a real opportunity comes.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I wish I could Issac lol do any coaches even have Twitter? lol

Comment

I wish I could Issac lol do any coaches even have Twitter? lol
        I think GSW coach is on twitter

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I think GSW coach is on twitter
          just checked he really is @JacksonMark13 hope this starts a trend, coaches should be on Twitter.

Comment

• More proof that the coaches let interns do the voting. Players receiving first team votes include guys like Chris Copeland and Alexey Shved.

Comment

just checked he really is @JacksonMark13 hope this starts a trend, coaches should be on Twitter.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post

Agree with the Zen. Hack-a-whoever is ruining the game.

I don't remember who it was, but I remember a tweet with a rule suggestion regarding the hack-a-shaq. If the opponent employs the hack-a-shaq and fouls your player, the team has the option to either shoot the FT's or take the ball out of bounds.
                Last edited by isaacthompson; Fri May 17, 2013, 11:43 AM.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• sounds like Jackson is still upset over Pop robbing him of another ring employing the "Hack-a-Shaq" its part of the game nothing wrong with it it doesnt work if the person can make their fts....

Comment

• As a Raptors fan, you should be happy that such a strategy exists. It creates an advantage for JV. He's not going to get hacked because he can hit those FTs, while there is a shitload of bigs who suck at the charity stripe. Everytime Raptors will play such a team, they'll gain an extra advantage.

However, despite all that, I also kind of hate the 'bug' in the game. But what do you suggest? If a guy can't shoot free-throws, he shouldn't play. Period.

... Or just take the good with the bad and vice versa.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...5/Anon-2478802

Probably the best video Raptors have ever uplloaded. AWESOME JV season tribute. well done.

Comment

• good stuff
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Agree with the Zen. Hack-a-whoever is ruining the game.

I don't remember who it was, but I remember a tweet with a rule suggestion regarding the hack-a-shaq. If the opponent employs the hack-a-shaq and fouls your player, the team has the option to either shoot the FT's or take the ball out of bounds.
                          I dont' agree with this at all. If a player is a terrible free throw shooter, that should fully be something the opposing team is able to exploit. Naismith designed the game to eliminate fouls? He also designed the game for free throws to be among the easiest shots possible....hence the name FREE throws. The reason teams are not supposed to foul on purpose is because the penalty is supposed to offset any gains, since it is such an easy shot.

Also, it's not as simple as making a rule change like a team gets to decide if they'd rather take it out of bounds. What if it's clearly fouling someone on a shot attempt? This is an awful idea that can't possibly result in any sensible/fair rule. There are already rules for the last 2 minutes where possession is given on top of free throws when it's off-the-ball. It is also hard to foul someone intentionally when they do have the ball. How many times did Shaq get three point plays from poorly timed intentional fouls?

So basically, to employ the strategy effectively, a team can't just always foul the guy. The rules mostly protect the player/team at the end of a game...but the opposing team can't just let their players foul out for the other 46 minutes, because that'll probably result in a loss. A lot of guys have failed to use it very well. It hasn't always worked out for San Antonio and it's not like it stopped Shaq from winning rings. The real trick is using it to kill the momentum of a player and/or his team. Employing the strategy didn't just slow Shaq down, it would hinder the whole team's performance if done right by killing offensive flow, and stopping other people from getting involved, especially through use of the inside-out game which Shaq was great at initiating.

Again, you can say it's not in the spirit of the game, but the spirit of the game is about competition, team play and overcoming obstacles. If Shaq's team can't overcome his poor free throw shooting because a team is exploiting it, they deserve to lose. Rules shouldn't be changed just because of a lack of skills, especially just to cater to a few players. I mean, if ballhandling suddenly became awful among PGs across the league, should they eliminate (or more strongly penalize) reach-in fouls? No, of course not. Just because there are always a handful of bigs who couldn't get the ball in a hoola hoop, does not mean they should get special treatment.

Comment

• If given more minutes I'm sure JV would've made First Team, and much more.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...5/Anon-2478802

Probably the best video Raptors have ever uplloaded. AWESOME JV season tribute. well done.
                              Enjoyed it completely

Comment

• http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...1138#p35836523

Well, JV wants Casey to stay nice interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X