Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig wrote: View Post
    not quite sure...but if JV is so good, why does he ride the pines while this team desperately need to win?
    Strange rotation. JV played only 7 mins, sucked but still can do a lot of damage when Bosnia dude who scored 26 points have 4 foul and stays inside when defending.

Lithuania down by 14.

Comment

• Kleiza...too funny

Comment

• OK.

Lithuania will avoid(most likely) elimination, but why the hell JV played only in 1st quarter???

I hope he's not injured.

Comment

• well i hope he is, because if he isnt good enough to be on the floor here, he isnt going to do much for toronto moving forward

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
            well i hope he is, because if he isnt good enough to be on the floor here, he isnt going to do much for toronto moving forward
            JV was bad in his 7 mins but it was stupid thing to not play him whole 2nd half.

Lithuania tried to play with stretch 4s without true center while Kleiza and their guards were missing layups.

Really anxious to find out reason why JV hasn't played in such an important game.

Comment

• Next JV games will be against France, Ukraine and Belgium in the 2nd round.

Comment

• I get the impression Kazlauskas thinks he's too smart for his own good. Dicks around with rotations too much, values match-ups and who's playing well at the moment more than consistency. JV wasn't even that bad. Granted, he wasn't good--but Lavrinovic was just as bad or worse for long stretches, and he didn't get benched. I mean, Lithuania was zoning up a ton in that second half (with a 1-3-1), and Jonas would be the perfect anchor for a zone like that, while Lavrinovic was terrible in that role.

Comment

• It just goes to show that having NBA on your resume does not count for more than a hill of beans in FIBA.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    It just goes to show that having NBA on your resume does not count for more than a hill of beans in FIBA.
                    If you don't have true star players then it's all about experience in FIBA tournaments. You don't play 82 games that's why you need to be on your toes and be smart with every play when playing in FIBA tournament.

After watching what Mirza Teletovic did to Lithuania tonight I want him in Raptors uniform

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                      I get the impression Kazlauskas thinks he's too smart for his own good. Dicks around with rotations too much, values match-ups and who's playing well at the moment more than consistency. JV wasn't even that bad. Granted, he wasn't good--but Lavrinovic was just as bad or worse for long stretches, and he didn't get benched. I mean, Lithuania was zoning up a ton in that second half (with a 1-3-1), and Jonas would be the perfect anchor for a zone like that, while Lavrinovic was terrible in that role.

+1, his rotations are mind boggling, one game Pocius doesn't play a minute, next game he starts, i don't think this is a recipe for success, get a 9man rotation and stick with it for fuck's sake, or at least don't change the starting lineup so much, no consistency

Comment

• I have NOOOOOO idea how that guy coaches... confuses the living crap out of me.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          If you don't have true star players then it's all about experience in FIBA tournaments. You don't play 82 games that's why you need to be on your toes and be smart with every play when playing in FIBA tournament.

After watching what Mirza Teletovic did to Lithuania tonight I want him in Raptors uniform
                          I'm a fan.

I don't think he has been given a fair shake in NJ.

Dude can shoot.

Comment

• Refs are ruining it for me. They made this into Womens League, back in the day European basketball was known for physicality... but now...
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I'm a fan.

I don't think he has been given a fair shake in NJ.

Dude can shoot.
                              He looks horrible playing in NJ though... he plays really frustrated...

I really think it's how the team utilizes the player.

You look @ JV play w/ Lith and he's DESPERATELY underutilized and almost lost...

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                                what.... you weren't kidding about the complexity... how the heck does that materialize?
                                Strange group.

Comment

Working...
                                X