No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France beat Slovenia. Both group leaders, Serbia and Slovenia, are out. A team has to win only enough matches in the first two rounds to make it to the elimination rounds and then it's all business.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      France beat Slovenia. Both group leaders, Serbia and Slovenia, are out. A team has to win only enough matches in the first two rounds to make it to the elimination rounds and then it's all business.
      2011 Eurobasket Final repeat in the semi-final. :-)

Comment

• Italy has a young "Monster in the Paint", Nicolo Melli. I have not seen him play, just read this article:

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/coi...leMode_on.html

Comment

Italy has a young "Monster in the Paint", Nicolo Melli. I have not seen him play, just read this article:

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/coi...leMode_on.html
          I saw him playing actually. Nothing impressive. He can't even play center well, especially if he goes against guys like JV in defence. Jonas will eat him up like the guys in summer league.

He's like smaller Hasheem Thabeet without athleticism but with pretty good leaping ability.
          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Sep 19, 2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Jonas is getting ready like a boss.

Comment

• Italy's Datome knee bone is nearly visible.. wow. He's playing. Kobe no. 2 lol
              Last edited by rocwell; Thu Sep 19, 2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else notice Lithuanians fans do two claps and a hitler salute :O
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  Anyone else notice Lithuanians fans do two claps and a hitler salute :O
                  They don't. When I was in London 2012 basketball games I've spoke with many Lithuanians. Some even got arrested for this and fined after British people got mad. But when you look not from distance, the picture is completely different. Their fans are cheering using that "Hey" hands up, "Hey".... since early 2000s and that never been a problem.

Comment

• Can't see the game. Is JV playing poorly or not playing?😡

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Can't see the game. Is JV playing poorly or not playing?��
                      Just a little. Italy players occupied paint and it's hard to get JV a ball. His main task in defence is switch during pick n roll and defend 3pointer as Italy usually doesn't finish pick n roll plays( they don't have big players. ) and guard shoot 3pts.

Conclusion: Lithuania needs some scoring help from JV too.

EDIT: Lithuania just turned lockdown defence status ON and they're on 15-0 run, Italy hasn't scored in 7 mins. So sad that JV isn't playing.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Thu Sep 19, 2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• JV played 10 minutes, got 2 PTS, 1 REB, 2 FOULS AND 1 TO.

LTU will play Croatia in semi-final tomorrow. I'm pretty sure LTU coach will HAVE TO use JV against Croatia more than today.

Comment

• Lithuania has the luxury of having many experienced bigs on the roster but JV must be getting pissed that every time he gets a foul he gets benched. Due to the lack of confidence vested in him by the last two national team coaches, Jonas should seriously consider coming down with a mysterious nagging injury for next summer and rest up for the NBA season where his bread is actually buttered.

Comment

• Not if he stinks it up as bad as he did today. Really awful game, on both ends of the court. Couple guys hit tough shots over him, a call or two doesn't go his way, and he completely loses focus. I think maybe the pressure (or the coach who has no faith in him and yanks him at the first mistake) is getting to him.

Comment

Lithuania has the luxury of having many experienced bigs on the roster but JV must be getting pissed that every time he gets a foul he gets benched. Due to the lack of confidence vested in him by the last two national team coaches, Jonas should seriously consider coming down with a mysterious nagging injury for next summer and rest up for the NBA season where his bread is actually buttered.
                              On the other hand, if it helps him learn to play solid defense without committing needless/careless fouls, all the better for Raptors fans. The limited minutes also bodes well for his conditioning through his sophmore NBA season.

Comment

• He's done some pretty stupid shit these past couple of games

Comment

Working...
                                X