No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV looks like he is jut ok, not really much better than that.

Not likely what people wanna hear, but I support trading him if toronto can get another high pick, grab up on Wiggans and embiid.

JV...meh... he has Bargnani-esque awareness tendencies.

Comment

• I think it was Matt Devlin or one of the Toronto announcers who brought it-up, but they said for Casey Jonas biggest problem is foot speed, particularly on defense. He's always a step or two slow coming over to help and then gets lost in no-mans land. They want him to spend the summer in North America practicing against small players, if they want to play him as a lone big. That's why he get's pulled so much, it's that other teams are exploiting him with smaller line-ups.

And don't compare Jonas to Bargs, Bargs looked like he isn't paying attention and has no focus on defense. Jonas wants to be a star, but is frustrated with small players on defense and getting position/touches/shooting on offense.

Since, this season isn't about wins and losses, but player development of Jonas and Ross. I think this is what we should be looking at as a community going forward. But, looking at Jonas frustration level and Ross continuous battle with poor focus, It's been disappointing so far.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Wiggans and embiid

I'd do it in a second

Comment

• didnt took too long, trading suggestions I mean.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• were plebs, its our job to call for the heads of our leaders hahaha

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              Patience. He's taking some time to find his feet in the NBA (such a different game than he grew up with), but he'll be better than Hibbert at both ends.
              I don't think Valanciunas has the physical tools to be better than Hibbert on the defensive end.

Maybe more versatile (I think he's quicker so he might be able to guard the 4 at times unlike Roy), but seriously even Dwight isn't on Hibbert's level when it comes to altering shots at the rim. You can't teach 7'3 280.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                I don't think Valanciunas has the physical tools to be better than Hibbert on the defensive end.

Maybe more versatile (I think he's quicker so he might be able to guard the 4 at times unlike Roy), but seriously even Dwight isn't on Hibbert's level when it comes to altering shots at the rim. You can't teach 7'3 280.
                By physical tools you mean.. ?

Comment

• penis size

obviously.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    By physical tools you mean.. ?
                    Did you just not read the last sentence or what.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      penis size

obviously.
                      That's a little too physical homie

Comment

• Can JV do these things?

1. Can he shoot and very easy, natural jump shot? A good measurement of a ballers skills is the most simple, can JV shoot?

2. Can he put the ball on the floor with both hands effectively and get to the basket?

3. Can he Pass the ball effectively?

This is your basic triple threat scenario... if you think he has it, then he can be a star, if not, he won't be. Going off what I see, I am not always convinced he can shoot, nor can he put the ball on the floor. He can pass a bit.

4. Can he guard a guy, straight up, one on one and not look like a mechanical nightmare?
                        5. Can he seamlessly play help defence?
                        6. Doe she have quick lateral movement?

These are all keys to being able to make a difference on defence for a big guy. Big guys are all big. Most jump the same, the guy that block shots can move seamlessly, and are quick, meaning they can get off the ground fast, which means they can wait a guy out, make him commit to a shot, THEN leap to send that shit out.

7. Is he offensively calm and aware?
                        8. Is he defensively calm and aware?

The last two are key, and i mean HUGE. Does the guy have any brains? I mean we see him roll, is he rolling cuz he thinks he should, and is a hard worked, or is he seeing a great moment to roll instead of pop. Effort is awesome, people freak out for so called "motors", but Brian Scalabrine has the biggest motor around.... so take what ya want from that.

Listen I like Jonas, I want him to be awesome, fuck, he's on my fav team. But realistically, I don't see a lot of "yes" answers above me at this point. There are no imaginary "regressions" (fuck i HATE that term when used on messageboards...good god stop pretending you see "regressions"). There is simply no progression, or, the talent was misjudged, and not really there to start with.

I don't think JV is untradeable. That all I know.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          That's a little too physical homie
                          I saw it outta the corner of my eye once, its massive, like a horse!!!

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                            I saw it outta the corner of my eye once, its massive, like a horse!!!
                            Shit, no wonder he's such a good post defender

Comment

• Random JV fact of the night

Comment

• He had a nice last week or so.

I'm liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X