Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    JV really needs to play bigger and go up strong literally every time no silly tips when you can literally grab and dunk. COME ON JV! this at least means he'll go to the ft line more often Butch Carter really exposed him a month ago on his game.
    I think you've missed the point.

He is physically bigger but it has come at the detriment of his lift, explosiveness, and quickness.

Comment

• This is a massive myth.

Tired of hearing it.

JV isn't significantly bigger, and to become actually slower or less powerful or agile as a result of adding physical fitness to a thin teenages body is about the biggest load of crap you can shovel....

JV is not too muscular and would have to be a full 50lbs bigger for that to be an issue. He is, in fact, NOT muscular, soft, and a bit flabby and out of shape if you ask me.

He's a scrub.

Comment

• The Cavs just retired Zydrunas Ilgauskas' jersey. I believe JV can follow his path someday.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• You might be right. Z was much bigger though no? Seemed to have a bigger frame.

Comment

• Yes. JV is clearly a soft, flabby scrub. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
              You might be right. Z was much bigger though no? Seemed to have a bigger frame.
              Z's taller by 4". Skinny as well when the Cavs drafted him in 1996. JV will never, ever have the passing skills of Sabonis but he's a good one.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                The Cavs just retired Zydrunas Ilgauskas' jersey. I believe JV can follow his path someday.
                without foot injuries, right?

Craig wrote: View Post
                This is a massive myth.

Tired of hearing it.

JV isn't significantly bigger, and to become actually slower or less powerful or agile as a result of adding physical fitness to a thin teenages body is about the biggest load of crap you can shovel....

JV is not too muscular and would have to be a full 50lbs bigger for that to be an issue. He is, in fact, NOT muscular, soft, and a bit flabby and out of shape if you ask me.

He's a scrub.
                What you mean by out of shape? You just can't call a healthy guy out of shape when he spends dozens of hours running on a treadmill/court every week. He's in good shape, but not a great one. I'm more worried about his endurance than anything else right now tbh.

Also, you don't need to gain 50lbs to start having issues with your vertical, agility & more. Try to bulk up [15-20lbs] with junk diet and then believe me, you'll see huge difference in your game.. in a bad way.

Clean bulk with cardio is a MUST for ball player. Yes, I know - cardio slows bulking up process, but keeping cardiovascular system healthy is way more important.

By the way, let's not forget that JV is 7 footer. Many tall guys don't look big even after putting 30lbs+.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Oh God I hope not. JV's going to go down as one of the best Raptors of all time when it is all said and done.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Oh God I hope not. JV's going to go down as one of the best Raptors of all time when it is all said and done.
                    I hope so!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

What you mean by out of shape? You just can't call a healthy guy out of shape when he spends dozens of hours running on a treadmill/court every week. He's in good shape, but not a great one. I'm more worried about his endurance than anything else right now tbh.

Also, you don't need to gain 50lbs to start having issues with your vertical, agility & more. Try to bulk up [15-20lbs] with junk diet and then believe me, you'll see huge difference in your game.. in a bad way.

Clean bulk with cardio is a MUST for ball player. Yes, I know - cardio slows bulking up process, but keeping cardiovascular system healthy is way more important.

By the way, let's not forget that JV is 7 footer. Many tall guys don't look big even after putting 30lbs+.
                      Lets be clear, this isn't mens fitness magazine for regular stiffs like us, I'm talking about a profession that demands elite physical condition, hence the severity of the descriptors I use. JV, ain't in elite shape. I have never in my life supported an athlete in ANY sport bulking up with fat, thats insanity and shouldnt be part of the equation here.

Having been in the physical shape, and having dedicated time to knowing a great deal about it, being around a plethora of different athletes with different frames....body types etc. I feel pretty confident saying this kid, if he dedicates himself 100% both in the gym, and at the dinner table, ha si tin him to lower his bodyfat significantly, and increase lean muscle by at least 20lbs once thats done. He would be bigger, stronger, faster, a better exploder and leaper, more agile, more powerful, more able to absorb contact and remain intact and a better player all around.

Hence why i say he is a scrub. i DO NOT say he will remain so.... he's still a kid man.... give him time. Antonio Davis looked like that, even skinnier..... look what he managed to do as a MAN. dude was pretty fit at times.

Comment

Lets be clear, this isn't mens fitness magazine for regular stiffs like us, I'm talking about a profession that demands elite physical condition, hence the severity of the descriptors I use. JV, ain't in elite shape. I have never in my life supported an athlete in ANY sport bulking up with fat, thats insanity and shouldnt be part of the equation here.

Having been in the physical shape, and having dedicated time to knowing a great deal about it, being around a plethora of different athletes with different frames....body types etc. I feel pretty confident saying this kid, if he dedicates himself 100% both in the gym, and at the dinner table, ha si tin him to lower his bodyfat significantly, and increase lean muscle by at least 20lbs once thats done. He would be bigger, stronger, faster, a better exploder and leaper, more agile, more powerful, more able to absorb contact and remain intact and a better player all around.

Hence why i say he is a scrub. i DO NOT say he will remain so.... he's still a kid man.... give him time. Antonio Davis looked like that, even skinnier..... look what he managed to do as a MAN. dude was pretty fit at times.
                        I completely agree.

Comment

This is a massive myth.

Tired of hearing it.

He's a scrub.
                          Where is the myth?

Watch the embedded video.

He is noticeably bigger than last year and he is noticeably slower and less explosive. That is the only point here, at least that I am making.

To label him a scrub is either trolling or delusional. He is 21 and he is already an average NBA C. He is never going to be elite but a scrub he is not.

Comment

He's a scrub.
                            Im saving this comment and will rub it in your face in the next couple of years.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Im saving this comment and will rub it in your face in the next couple of years.
                              I truly hope you will be able to!

Comment

• This is raptors managements fault not Vals, you can't tell a big man to bulk up and not send him to a big man camp with hakeem or another HOF'er. If you add strength you must add a post game otherwise stay lean like amir and be the PnR player that every team needs.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X