• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great JV mix from 2011/2012 season.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post

Great JV mix from 2011/2012 season.
      I REALLY gotta stop coming to this thread. WHY ISN"T HE HERE NOW!!!!!??? EFFF

Anyone else see a little Hakeem in him? Really good foot work. Baseline jumper. High FT%
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I don't think we'll ever see a big man with Hakeem-like footwork. That guy had feet that could rival Michael Jackson's

That was a great highlight package, but I just hope we're not expecting too much from this kid. We have to remind ourselves that Jonas will struggle at times next season. He'll airball shots, he'll pickup silly fouls, he'll get dunked on, he'll get out-muscled for position, etc., but it's all part of the learning process.

One thing I noticed is that he might have to adjust his timing on offensive rebounds in the NBA. A lot of those highlights looked like offensive basket interference.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I don't think we'll ever see a big man with Hakeem-like footwork. That guy had feet that could rival Michael Jackson's

That was a great highlight package, but I just hope we're not expecting too much from this kid. We have to remind ourselves that Jonas will struggle at times next season. He'll airball shots, he'll pickup silly fouls, he'll get dunked on, he'll get out-muscled for position, etc., but it's all part of the learning process.

One thing I noticed is that he might have to adjust his timing on offensive rebounds in the NBA. A lot of those highlights looked like offensive basket interference.
          You are right and he also makes a lot of three seconde violations. Luckily for him the rules are different (it's not blind referees). Should not be a big problem to adjust to different rules.8

Comment

• Not sure if this has been discussed, but any chance Aleksandar Džikić (head coach for Rytas now) comes over as an Assistant next year? Would be GREAT for JV and seems like he's pretty good at his job.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Not sure if this has been discussed, but any chance Aleksandar Džikić (head coach for Rytas now) comes over as an Assistant next year? Would be GREAT for JV and seems like he's pretty good at his job.
              I would think no chance at all and I'm not a fan of his sets on offense from what I've seen, but probably the Lithuanian guys can comment better on his qualities as a coach.

Comment

• I'm not overly impressed with him as a coach either. I've seen some pretty ridiculous things from him this season. Maybe that was just random, dunno. But I definitely think he's not an NBA caliber coach.

Comment

• Dwane Casey loves him.
                  He used to have him on his staff while coaching the Timberwolves.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Dwane Casey loves him.
                    He used to have him on his staff while coaching the Timberwolves.
                    Some people tend to exaggerate a lot when saying those things and using words like 'friend' (and Americans are pretty good at it). I also read somewhere that he was a good friend of Casey, yet he didn't know that he coached the Lietuvos Rytas untill Colangelo told him who the coach was. I tend to know what my friends do and where they work, and always do if they are in the same type of work and I know them through that work and I still refer to them as a friend. So I'll take those type of comments with a lot of grains of salt..

Comment

• So here's a question.

Do you guys see Jonas coming into the 2012-2013 season as a starter? Or will they bring him off the bench, until he can adjust to the differences between the NBA and Euroball?

Not sure on the extent of how Jonas can prepare for those NBA-adjustments without being in the NBA.

Comment

• As the roster is right now. He would be the best Center on the team. I think they might pull the same thing they did with DeMar plays the first 8 minutes of every half. If he play well he stays on if not take him out.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          As the roster is right now. He would be the best Center on the team. I think they might pull the same thing they did with DeMar plays the first 8 minutes of every half. If he play well he stays on if not take him out.
                          +1

And I think he stays on more often that he is taken out after December (remember, normal NBA season).

Comment

• 3 years ago... To all JV haters saying that he's too lanky, he IS growing!

Comment

• His shoulders are what really bulked up, Im excited to see where the limit is to his physique, Im imagining him filling out similar to D12 (might just be a pipe dream. but you cant blame a man for dreaming!)
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• yeah lets hope he transforms into something

Comment

Working...
                                X