Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Terrible game by "Lietuvos rytas" against the 8th place (out of 12) in LKL - "Kedainiai Triobet".

Lietuvos rytas 84:86 Kedainiai Triobet

JV's statline:

25:44 minutes
    - 6 points
    - 3/7 F-G
    - 10 rebounds
    - 1 steal
    - 4 blocks
    - 5 fouls (the last one was technical when Rytas was down like 8 points and just when they tried to get back in the game, so it was a fatal one as well)
    - 1 foul drawn

A technical? So, whats a good swear in Lithuanian like "WTF was that shitty call"?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      A technical? So, whats a good swear in Lithuanian like "WTF was that shitty call"?
      LOL, well Lithuanian language doesn't really have any as brutal swear words as that... Most of the more strong ones (Russian) came after Russian occupation but as I am not very good in Russian I won't comment on that.

... Except this one:

Comment

• That was funny. What was he saying?

Comment

• Absinthe wrote: View Post
          That was funny. What was he saying?
          Suck My Dick

Comment

• lol! That makes it even more awesome.

"Suck my dick? Something like this? Suck.. Su.. Suck my dick? Suck my dick? I don't know, something like this. Yeah."

Comment

• Absinthe wrote: View Post
              lol! That makes it even more awesome.

"Suck my dick? Something like this? Suck.. Su.. Suck my dick? Suck my dick? I don't know, something like this. Yeah."
              Actually, what makes it even more awesome is that it aired on one of the national televisions (at the time it was the most popular one) without any bleeps.

Comment

• Haha, nice.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  The basket height is the same as NBA.
                  sorry... meant to put a smiley face on that one. was supposed to be a joke

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    sorry... meant to put a smiley face on that one. was supposed to be a joke
                    Hah, ok. Thought you were being serious.

Comment

• BBL

Lietuvos rytas 73:63 Ventspils

JV's statline:

29:42 minutes
                      14 points
                      6-9 FG
                      2-4 FT
                      8 rebounds
                      1 assist
                      1 block
                      2 turnovers
                      2 fouls
                      4 fouls drawn

Comment

• I have to say, I really like the consistency JV is showing in men's basketball being just 19 years old.

Comment

• From http://www.vtb-league.com

Our web-site conducted a poll, offering its visitors to name MVP of the League regular season. By the results the first place took the center of Lietuvos Rytas Jonas Valanciunas (36 per cent - of respondents). Among three of the best players in fans’ version are the center of Khimki Kreshemir Loncar (22%) and CSKA forward Andrey Kirilenko (14%).

We remind that this regular season Jonas Valanciunas became the best in two statistical ratings - rebounds (8.0 per game) and block shots (1.75), and he also got to the top three ranking of effective actions (16.5 points – only Kresimir Loncar and Courtney Sims gained more) In addition, a 19-year-old Lithuanian center in February was name MVP of the month.

The holder of MVP title of the regular season VTB United League-2011/12 will be officially named in April. Most valuable player of the regular season will be set due to poll on the League’s web-site, players’ efficiency rate (sum of statistic rates), MVP of the month titles and being in month’s symbolic five during current season and VTB United League council experts’ and Sport-Express newspaper opinion.

Comment

• 2011-12 Eurocup Rising Star Trophy winner: Jonas Valanciunas, Lietuvos Rytas

Comment

• Thanks for posting!

A few snips that caught my eye:

Euroleague Basketball is pleased to announce Jonas Valanciunas of Lietuvos Rytas as the fourth annual winner of the Eurocup Rising Star Trophy. The 19-year-old center has put together a tremendous season for his club, controlling the paint on both ends of the floor to help Rytas reach the 2012 Eurocup Finals. The Eurocup Rising Star Trophy recognizes the most outstanding player in the competition who was younger than 22 on July 1 of the summer before the season started.
                              Simply put, Valanciunas has dominated the Eurocup like few his age ever have. His productivity and talent combined with his role in leading Rytas so deep into the competition make Valanciunas the natural choice as the 2011-12 Eurocup Rising Star!
                              Valanciunas came off a great summer, in which he led the Lithuanian under-19 team to the gold medal at the World Championships and also played for Lithuania’s senior national team at EuroBasket 2011. Already a basketball icon in Lithuania, Valanciunas then helped L. Rytas to finish the Eurocup Regular Season undefeated with some stellar performances along the way, especially in front of his fans at Siemens Arena. He had 12 points and 8 rebounds against Azovmash and did even better – 13 points and 11 rebounds in 19 minutes – against Le Mans. He even raised his playing level in the Last 16 stage, especially after Rytas's opening loss against Lokomotiv Kuban. He had 17 points and 10 rebounds against Benetton and barely missed another double-double – 12 points and 9 boards – against Alba Berlin. When Rytas faced a make-or-break road game in Treviso, Valanciunas delivered with 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting and 7 rebounds in a critical 74-80 win. Valanciunas continued to shine with team highs of 14 points, 8.5 rebounds and a 22.5 index in the two-game quarterfinals series against BC Donetsk to secure a berth at the Eurocup Finals. This far he has averaged 11.3 points on 64.1% shooting, 80% free throw shooting, 7.9 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 3.5 fouls drawn in this Eurocup season.

Comment

• Love reading this stuff. Thanks to all who post the snippets.

Comment

Working...
                                X