Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    In case it wasn't mentioned, happy birthday JV!
    Good call. So he's 20 now, right? Maybe he should be traded for someone younger?

Comment

• Top plays from the first game. (3 JV plays included)

JV was by far the best player in Rytas team in the first half imho. Overall his game was mediocre which isn't surprising as Zalgiris did a hell of a job on defence. They completely shut down Rytas leaders including JV.. Rytas offence was tangled in the begining of the match as they couldn't score a single point for about 5 first minutes of the game.

Comment

• Zalgiris 86:76 Lietuvos rytas
        (LKL Finals 2-0)

JV:

29:00 minutes
        8 points
        3-5 FG
        2-2 FT
        10 rebounds
        3 fouls
        3 fouls drawn
        2 steals
        2 turnovers
        2 blocks

18 EFF
        Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Thu May 10, 2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
          Zalgiris 86:76 Lietuvos rytas
          (LKL Finals 2-0)

JV:

29:00 minutes
          8 points
          3-5 FG
          2-2 FT
          10 rebounds
          3 fouls
          3 fouls drawn
          2 steals
          2 turnovers
          2 blocks

18 EFF
          are you expecting a zalgaris sweep? are they the yankees over there?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            are you expecting a zalgaris sweep? are they the yankees over there?
            This year it's a shortened series. Whoever wins 3 games first wins. I myself as a Zalgiris fan was expecting a 3-0 sweep all along, Rytas haven't defeated Zalgiris even once this season. It is very unlikely they will now that the 3rd game will be played in Kaunas.

That's probably even better news for Jonas, he'll get some extra rest time after this torturous season. While I was watching the game it occured to me that Jonas might indeed have slimmed down a bit after this playing marathon.
            Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Thu May 10, 2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• SWEEPED!

Zalgiris 90:84 Lietuvos rytas
              (LKL Finals 3-0)

JV:

25:41 minutes
              12 points
              5-5 FG
              2-4 FT
              3 rebounds
              3 fouls
              2 assists
              1 steals
              1 turnovers
              0 blocks

Comment

• Valanciunas wins Player of the Year Lithuanian League

JV wins Player of the Year, center of the year, most improved player and all-defensive team in their Lithuanian League adding to his impressive resume. Too bad they were sweeped in the Finals by Zalgiris.

JV's final LKL stats: 14.2 ppg (5th in the league), 7.4 rebs (2nd) and 1.9 blocks (1st)
                quite impressive for a 20 yr old.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Lithuania/...?NewsID=271350

Comment

• Good to hear. Hope some of that confidence carries over to training camp.

Comment

• Jaworski wrote: View Post
                    JV's final LKL stats: 14.2 ppg (5th in the league), 7.4 rebs (2nd) and 1.9 blocks (1st)
                    quite impressive for a 20 yr old.
                    If he somehow averages these types of numbers next year, then wow. (but he most likely will not)

Never the less, I am ecstatic to have JV next season. I will def be watching him this summer.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                      If he somehow averages these types of numbers next year, then wow. (but he most likely will not)

Never the less, I am ecstatic to have JV next season. I will def be watching him this summer.
                      he also did these numbers in 22 minutes (avg)

adjusted to starters minutes that 19.4 ppg 9.8reb and 2.6 blks in 33 minutes (something to look forward to 3 - 4 years from now)
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Valanciunas against underaged alcoholism.

http://www.aludariai.lt/18plius/

I LOL'd.

Comment

• Looking back at an earlier discussion: he looks to be 7'1" here.

Comment

• he's a good guy.

Comment

• Can't wait for JV to show us what he can do, I think he'll surprise us all... he's just so unique...

Comment

• well the 5th spot brought us a superstar last time. A certain traitor, Jonas will stay tho

Comment

Working...
                                X