Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Marc Gasol broken foot out indefinitely.

...trading JV would have been stellar.
    Ouch, so Memphis just became sellers. (for this season)

JJ and a 2nd round pick for Matt Barnes?

Only think I could think of that makes sense for us.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Ouch, so Memphis just became sellers. (for this season)

JJ and a 2nd round pick for Matt Barnes?

Only think I could think of that makes sense for us.
      ugh. Matt Barnes is an asshole. Also, I don't think he moves the needle at all.

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

JWash wrote: View Post
        I meant we're bad at defending the roll man. Teams score very efficiently against us when they're able to get the ball to the roll man.
        Abstinence is the best form of birth control. Denying the pass well enough is more important than defending the small number of opportunities that get through. Can't really have it both ways.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          ugh. Matt Barnes is an asshole. Also, I don't think he moves the needle at all.
          He's healthy and can hit 3's, two things JJ is not. Not a huge needle mover, but probably a better fit at backup SF than JJ.

Comment

He's healthy and can hit 3's, two things JJ is not. Not a huge needle mover, but probably a better fit at backup SF than JJ.
            I don't really want to trade for a 3. We run enough lineups with Lowry/CoJo with Ross or DD at the 3, both of which work fine, and with Carroll coming back, we wouldn't have minutes for another 3 in the playoffs.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Abstinence is the best form of birth control. Denying the pass well enough is more important than defending the small number of opportunities that get through. Can't really have it both ways.
              Huh?

Wouldn't this be more like a condom lol? You're keeping most of the sperm out, but when it does get through it has a pretty good chance of fertilizing that egg....

And... we should move on from this metaphor lmao

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                I don't really want to trade for a 3. We run enough lineups with Lowry/CoJo with Ross or DD at the 3, both of which work fine, and with Carroll coming back, we wouldn't have minutes for another 3 in the playoffs.
                Assuming Carroll comes back 100% and never gets in foul trouble. It's not essential, but it would help a bit.

Comment

Assuming Carroll comes back 100% and never gets in foul trouble. It's not essential, but it would help a bit.
                  But the new player at the 3 still has to take minutes from either DeMar, Carroll, Joseph or Ross.

Those might be 4 of our 6 most important players right now, the other 2 being Lowry and JV.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• This threads been dead for a while.
                    Does anyone expect jv to step his game up down the stretch like he has down the stretch? He hasn't been that great this year, it's his turn to step up

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                      This threads been dead for a while.
                      Does anyone expect jv to step his game up down the stretch like he has down the stretch? He hasn't been that great this year, it's his turn to step up
                      He needs to step over Casey first, like Iverson did to Tyron Lue, to stay on the court.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                        This threads been dead for a while.
                        How has he not been that great? Like he shoots 60%, offensively big men are only as good as their shot attempts
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• What I'd most love to see from JV: when he's having one of those games where he goes like 6 for 6 in the first half, then doesn't get a touch for the first 5 minutes of the second half, he starts actually yelling at Lowry.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            What I'd most love to see from JV: when he's having one of those games where he goes like 6 for 6 in the first half, then doesn't get a touch for the first 5 minutes of the second half, he starts actually yelling at Lowry.
                            If he does that Casey will bench him and Biyombo will end up playing like 15 straight minutes.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              What I'd most love to see from JV: when he's having one of those games where he goes like 6 for 6 in the first half, then doesn't get a touch for the first 5 minutes of the second half, he starts actually yelling at Lowry.
                              And derozan. They both carry up the ball a ton. Joseph too for that matter sometimes I think casey goes "ok Cory you're in, remember what I told you: dribble the air out of the ball until the shot clock expires"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                If he does that Casey will bench him and Biyombo will end up playing like 15 straight minutes.
                                Or you know, bench him and not play him again all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X