No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By this time next year, JV will likely be second in rebounding in franchise history. That is a little bit sad.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      By this time next year, JV will likely be second in rebounding in franchise history. That is a little bit sad.
      Is Bargnani embarrassing high on that list?

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        Is Bargnani embarrassing high on that list?
        Bargs is 5th, JV passed him earlier this season.

Bosh 4776
        AD 2839
        Amir 2836
        JV 2137

JV gets about 700 boards per year the last 2 seasons.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• did his rim protection really dropped that bad?
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is he better then Antonio Davis was at this point?! Or he needs to step it up come playoffs time to show he really deserves it?!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

did his rim protection really dropped that bad?
              Lets hold on a second and qualify that. JV plays ~half his minutes with JJ/Lowry/DeMar/Scola in the last two months.

NONE of those guys can stop penetration this year. Bismack looks better because he plays most of his minutes with Patterson/Joseph/Ross, who are better defenders.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Lets hold on a second and qualify that. JV plays ~half his minutes with JJ/Lowry/DeMar/Scola in the last two months.

NONE of those guys can stop penetration this year. Bismack looks better because he plays most of his minutes with Patterson/Joseph/Ross, who are better defenders.
                Wasn't he better last year though? With worse defenders around him?

Comment

Yup. He only allowed 46.4% last year.. don't buy that narrative at all.

Comment

Last year only two players played significant minutes beside JV at PF. Amir Johnson and Patrick Patterson. You're telling me you wouldn't buy that going from Amir to Scola is a significant downgrade?

Comment

Last year only two players played significant minutes beside JV at PF. Amir Johnson and Patrick Patterson. You're telling me you wouldn't buy that going from Amir to Scola is a significant downgrade?
                      But to go from 46 % to 65%?!

Comment

• Well, according to Nylon Calculus (which is where I got the 46.4% number) JV is at 55.6% this year. Even then, that's a huge drop. If someone could find out JV's DRTG with and without Scola, I think that would be useful.

Comment

But to go from 46 % to 65%?!
                          By nyloncalculus' opponent production stat, 4 Raptors have a positive(ie. make their opponents better by guarding them). JV is the worst on the team, second worst is Bismack, 3rd is Scola and 4th is DeMar. Everyone else makes their opponent worse.

Remember, DFG% isn't a perfect statistic, and DFG% at the rim is just a subset of that stat.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Well, according to Nylon Calculus (which is where I got the 46.4% number) JV is at 55.6% this year. Even then, that's a huge drop. If someone could find out JV's DRTG with and without Scola, I think that would be useful.
                            Interestingly, by the way, we give up more attempts at the rim per 36 with Bismack on the floor than with JV on.

Comment

Interestingly, by the way, we give up more attempts at the rim per 36 with Bismack on the floor than with JV on.
                              Is that product of a bad perimeter defense? or is defense structured to funnel guards towards Bismack? I mean I don't see a lot of post ups against Bismack or one-on-one against him.

Comment

• Bebe is not looking that great either. Man...all I want is for our C to be a defensive anchor who is not abysmal on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X