1 0.53%
  • F

3 1.60%
Page 511 of 511 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511
Results 10,201 to 10,206 of 10206

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I deleted a post, I don't know if it was in here, nothing pitting JV vs. DD that I can think of though, 4th quarter discussion doesn't even involve JV as he wasn't playing.

Ball movement was great, which included Poeltl with nice kick-outs from the roll and Delon with great kick-outs off dribble penetration.

9 AST on 12 FGM at some point, not sure if that was right at the end or just near the end.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    As you can see you can hide those guys way easier. Example James Harden and IT.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Harden is worth of hiding - double digits in assists is daily business and he's one of the best scorers in the league.
    IT is clutch as hell.

Your boy DD - points is the only thing he provides in current situation. And that isn't enough to match-up the outcome of non-existent defense and switching off the team-mates on offense.
    I suppose DD would be worth hiding too, like say Portland's guard duo, if not Casey. Combo of these two is too deadly...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cross wrote: View Post
    Harden is worth of hiding - double digits in assists is daily business and he's one of the best scorers in the league.
    IT is clutch as hell.

Your boy DD - points is the only thing he provides in current situation. And that isn't enough to match-up the outcome of non-existent defense and switching off the team-mates on offense.
    I suppose DD would be worth hiding too, like say Portland's guard duo, if not Casey. Combo of these two is too deadly...
    He is averaging 5 rebounds and 4 assist?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How about 36min per game on 35% usage taking into consideration?

5&4 is fine for bakcup (plus 2.5 TO btw). Not so much for the one, who is supposed to be the main engine of the team.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cross wrote: View Post
    How about 36min per game on 35% usage taking into consideration?

5&4 is fine for bakcup (plus 2.5 TO btw). Not so much for the one, who is supposed to be the main engine of the team.
    There are 19 players in the NBA who average the 5 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game that DeMar is averaging, and none of them are backups except for Rajon Rondo, who yapped himself out of a starting spot.

-------------

I think guards are easier to hide on defense than a bad centre, who is supposed to be the anchor. That said, it can be done. Here are the best teams in terms of DRatg:

1. Spurs - they've played Pau and David Lee over 1000 minutes each, though Aldridge probably sees his fair share of time at centre
    2. Warriors - Draymond plays his fair share of smallball centre, Pachulia
    3. Jazz - Gobert
    4. Grizzlies - Marc Gasol
    5. Hawks - Howard
    6. Heat - Whiteside
    7. Pistons - Drummond
    8. Hornets - Zeller. They've also floated Hibbert and Kaminsky at C at times (maybe Hawes too)
    9. Pelicans - mishmash of Asik, Ajinca, and Anthony Davis smallball
    10. Thunder - Adams
    11. Clippers - DeAndre
    12. Wizards - Gortat

Notice how there's a mix of athletic guys like Whiteside/Drummond/DeAndre along with higher BBIQ guys like Marc Gasol and Draymond. And the two that stick out are the Spurs and Hornets. What are they doing so effectively to have such great defenses without the type of premiere big man defense the other teams sport?

Obviously Kawhi and MKG are a huge help. But the system has to be making a difference.

Charlotte has posted defensive ratings ranking fifth (103.8), ninth (103.5) and eighth (104.3) in the last three seasons under Clifford. They’ve accomplished that in seasons where their best perimeter defender missed most of the season, with Al Jefferson as their starting center (far from a rim protector), and with an assortment of starting power forwards and starting wings. The one constant is Clifford.
    Clifford’s defensive system is simple. It’s a conservative approach built on clogging the paint and forcing opponents to take contested jumpers.
    http://hoopshabit.com/2016/10/15/cha...e-even-better/

There's got to be a better way to play to Jonas's abilities on D than what we're doing now. And maybe that's what we lost when we lost Andy Greer.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post

There's got to be a better way to play to Jonas's abilities on D than what we're doing now. And maybe that's what we lost when we lost Andy Greer.
    there's no maybe as far as i'm concerned

7. Like A.I, S.R., KeonClark, Just Is, DanH liked this post
Page 511 of 511 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511

Thread Information