No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really just think he takes a page out of DeMar's book in not trying to dunk everything around the basket - opting for quicker layups and a greater chance of being fouled (instead of stripped).

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      I read that postgame last night he mentioned that he changed his diet?

Must have given up all those late night Mcdonald's drive-thru runs.
      I do think that diet has been a bit of an issue for him (i seem to remember him saying something to that effect a while back).

Comment

• Broadcast team was saying he's trimmed 15 or 20 lbs over the course of this season.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Broadcast team was saying he's trimmed 15 or 20 lbs over the course of this season.
          All the extra exercise he's gotten chasing Scola's blowby's.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Broadcast team was saying he's trimmed 15 or 20 lbs over the course of this season.
            Based on the articles that came out recently, most of it was not so much over the course of the season as over the course of his latest time missed due to injury. Improved his diet and shed a lot of weight quickly.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Based on the articles that came out recently, most of it was not so much over the course of the season as over the course of his latest time missed due to injury. Improved his diet and shed a lot of weight quickly.
              He does look a lot better. The bulking up experiment clearly didn't really help. He's got more mobility at this weight and he's still bigger than most starting 5's.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Did we hire a new nutritionist?

Comment

• just want to have it in writing. bigV kills it in the playoffs. this guys game translates to the playoffs well. i am expecting a massive intensity boost and a breakout performance. JV is the fucking man. old school big with a grown mans game.

Comment

• Only concern I have is ticky tack fouls. If he gets two early fouls he's off to the bench, and may never see the court again until the 3rd quarter. That's how he got burnt against Washington if I recall.

Comment

He does look a lot better. The bulking up experiment clearly didn't really help. He's got more mobility at this weight and he's still bigger than most starting 5's.
                      Sounds more like poor dietary choices than a bulking experiment. Good on JV though, it took a Type 2 diagnosis for me to smarten up.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Sounds more like poor dietary choices than a bulking experiment. Good on JV though, it took a Type 2 diagnosis for me to smarten up.
                        Well, both were certainly a factor. He probably had a poor diet when he was rail thin too, but after bulking up it started to catch up to him (not that he was bad, but just not as fast as he seems to be now). Nice to see him make the adjustment at such a young age. Hopefully he keeps it up.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Only concern I have is ticky tack fouls. If he gets two early fouls he's off to the bench, and may never see the court again until the 3rd quarter. That's how he got burnt against Washington if I recall.
                          I totally discount anything that happened against the Wiz cause that series was just a tire fire. JV played really well against Brooklyn, especially at home, including monstrous games 1 and 2. I expect him to be very good as teams pile up on the backcourt and he gets left free....

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            just want to have it in writing. bigV kills it in the playoffs. this guys game translates to the playoffs well. i am expecting a massive intensity boost and a breakout performance. JV is the fucking man. old school big with a grown mans game.
                            I'm not all that certain JV is going to get to play any more than he normally would, so that may limit his impact in the playoffs. Keep in mind it's not the Hibbert Pacers anymore. Pacers probably want to run.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I'm not all that certain JV is going to get to play any more than he normally would, so that may limit his impact in the playoffs. Keep in mind it's not the Hibbert Pacers anymore. Pacers probably want to run.

If our best defenders at the guard / wing spots (carroll, powell, lowry, joseph etc) are locked in we could easily use JV to demolish Indiana if they try to go small.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Yes, but at the same time they keep one of Mahimi or Turner on the court at all times. (And possibly Hill). That shouldn't be that big of a problem for him. I can see JV having a big impact on this series.

Comment

Working...
                                X