No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's insane that Simmons is being so highly touted when he couldn't even get his team into march madness. Huge red flag. Plus, he can't shoot. I like Ingram, but to me he really has that feel of a player who gets overrated in college. A lot of his success this year came from his unique body type, and it isn't the kind of body that will translate quite as well at the next level. And he doesn't have quite enough natural skill to overcome that and become, say a perennial all-star. His ceiling is a one or two time All-Star. And at the moment, that's looking like JV's basement.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      classic over-reaction post right here.

Bismack had a great game. One of the best performances of the playoffs.

but as well as he played we needed every rebound and we had demar and lowry taking and fortunately hitting long 2s to win because he doesn't provide any threat on offense.

You won't get the high-flying blocks from JV but his overall rim protection has been just as good or better than Biyombo's in the playoffs, plus he scores and hits FTs. And, he's a better prospect than anyone in this draft, i think.

I'm still trying to imagine a way we can keep both Bis and JV on the team and find minutes for both. But it relies on having a way to effectively use them together for ~8-10 mins per game, which currently isn't possible.
      People don't realize how good JV really is. I also think this raptors system is perfect for a guy like biyombo.

Comment

• Biyombo is a great back-up center. But keep in mind, we asked nothing from him on offense, and he grabbed 8 offensive rebounds, but didn't do anything else on that end.

JV can do that, in fact he was having a historic playoffs for rebounding, and he can also score.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          I LOVE JV but... Trade him for a top 5 pick?
          If you trade JV you have to get back a proven player. Cousins or bust.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the draft.
            I would trade him for Simmons.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I would trade him for Simmons.
              I wouldn't.

Seems like people don't understand how hard it is to get a 7 foot tall stud on both ends who can dominate inside.

There just aren't that many guys with that skillset.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't.

Seems like people don't understand how hard it is to get a 7 foot tall stud on both ends who can dominate inside.

Tell em. You guys are REALLY underappreciating JV and what he has done for us this playoffs. This was his coming out party. You see what he can become now and he's only getting started. Can't wait until this guy hits his prime on our team. The only thing I wish was that he was more agile. But he's already improved on that throughout the season
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm really shocked that he's been out this long with his ankle though. It must have been a really bad sprain lol
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• trading jv is a really really really dumb plan.

better be someone on one of the All-NBA teams coming back or im not interested.

These playoffs have shown he should have just as big a role as Demar and Lowry, his consistency is amazing.

to glf above me, high ankle sprains are actually a really bad injury ill be surprised if JV plays again these playoffs, maybe bring him on as a victory cigar when we're about to sweep okc

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't.

There arent many guys that have a skillset like Simmons either.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There arent many guys that have a skillset like Simmoms either.
                        Simmons is the only guy I'd consider trading JV for, but again - it makes no sense to me that he couldn't get his team into the NCAAs. A supposed franchise talent should be able to - at minimum - carry a team into the tourney by himself.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

We know very little about how Simmons' talent translates to the NBA. He's got a huge range of floor to ceiling. We know JV can dominate in the NBA, because he's done it.

I wouldn't trade known dominance for potential dominance.

Comment

You cant seriously believe that even Simmons can waltz in to this Raptors roster and contribute as much as JV? This team is maturing and it has invested a good amt. of time in his development. As a poster indicated above Simmons seems to have the tools but so did Nerlens, Okafor and Embiid. How did they turn out so far. We have a proven big alongwith a great attitude (questions about this re Simmons too). It has to be near generational to consider such a move...and this draft is does not have such a player imo.

Comment

• A franchise-type #1 overall pick should have zero major flaws in his game. Simmons has two: shooting, and leadership/winning.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Its not going to happen but, you guys really underatting just how good Ben Simmons. Simmons is Draymond but 6'10 and 19.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X