• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    MU does have this roster poised to build around JV

Whether he is allowed to is a different story
    What does that even mean?

Comment

• JV is back to doing some on-court practice.

Raptors medical staff will see how he's doing prior to game 4, but he's a possibility for it.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        MU does have this roster poised to build around JV

Whether he is allowed to is a different story
        why build around 1 guy who isn't a LeBron, Curry, Durant type though? JV's definitely gonna be a star but I don't see him being that type of talent to just carry a team to the ship.

i think this team is set up better to have 4 to 5 top 15-30 players and figure out how to use all of them to the best of their abilities in order to win it all. We have three of those guys right now in dd, lowry and jv. The tricky part is going to be bringing that 4th guy in but considering our assets and our GM its definitely possible.

kinda like detroit from 04-08. None of sheed, big ben, chauncey or rip were considered First class superstars (even though Chauncey had the advanced stats of one, kind of like Kyle), but they were all stars and top players in the league and Larry Brown figured out how to get them playing together so effectively that they were able to take down teams with superstar talent.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
          why build around 1 guy who isn't a LeBron, Curry, Durant type though? JV's definitely gonna be a star but I don't see him being that type of talent to just carry a team to the ship.

i think this team is set up better to have 4 to 5 top 15-30 players and figure out how to use all of them to the best of their abilities in order to win it all. We have three of those guys right now in dd, lowry and jv. The tricky part is going to be bringing that 4th guy in but considering our assets and our GM its definitely possible.

kinda like detroit from 04-08. None of sheed, big ben, chauncey or rip were considered First class superstars (even though Chauncey had the advanced stats of one, kind of like Kyle), but they were all stars and top players in the league and Larry Brown figured out how to get them playing together so effectively that they were able to take down teams with superstar talent.
          Really it was Rick Carlisle though. He drilled their system/style into them so well Brown didn't need to do shit. Rick Carlisle basically deserves two rings. Brown just came in and told the guys how much he loved them for a season.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post

Ben Wallace was a top 5 talent back then.

People never give defensive stars enough credit.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Ben Wallace was a top 5 talent back then.

People never give defensive stars enough credit.
              I love Ben and I don't think I'd go that far. I don't care what random stats (especially since defensive ones are generally a lot worse) you could pull to defend it. Top 5 usually means franchise player. Ben Wallace was hands down the best defensive player in the league, but he still was not a franchise player.

*Probably in the tier just below that. And probably so was Billups. Right now I think Lowry is the only guy we have in that tier. And Jonas I think showed he can be too. DeMar isn't quite there IMO, but we know at least a couple posters here will disagree with that.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun May 22, 2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Just saw this on reddit...

Remember, Masai's plan last summer was for us to have a starting frontcourt of JV and Aldridge. How good would that frontcourt have been, given JV's growth this year?
                A lot better than plan B of running Wes Matthews-DeRozan-Carroll as the 2-4 positions for the majority of the game.

Comment

• I would only trade JV for a

top 2 pick (simmons/ingram) in this year's draft.

Or a young all-star player (Butler, Cousins,Griffin)

or a very good AS player + a mid first (Milsap+Hawks 1st 2016)

Might be overratting JV a bit but we have him locked up on a good contact, no one I trade him unless it makes us instant contenders or puts in in a position to contend next year

with all that being said do you think the lakers give us the 2nd pick for
                  Ross + Patterson + Delon + Bruno + NYK pick, Clippers pick, Our 2017 first
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    I would only trade JV for a

Might be overratting JV a bit but we have him locked up on a good contact, no one I trade him unless it makes us instant contenders or puts in in a position to contend next year

What's the plan there? Give up a huge part of our youth movement and picks so we can get a young player who's going to take a few years to hit his prime, by which time Lowry and DeMar will be out of or ending theirs?

If we're making a move for an early pick, it needs to be part of a rebuild, not a 'win now' move.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      I would only trade JV for a

LA probably says no.

Ross and PPat are role players. Delon and Bruno haven't proven anything. Clippers pick and our pick will be mid twenties most likely.

NYK pick is the only enticing piece but they're not giving up #2 for that.

Comment

• ESPN is reporting that JV's status has been changed to "doubtful"....whatever that means...I am assuming it's an upgrade and that's good.

Comment

• I guess if he does play, he'd come off the bench? Or at least, I'd hope so. Let Biz ride that momentum from last game...
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Just noticed Aldridge's name in the thread....he should have picked the Raptors....would have been a quicker path to the Finals with him here than with the Spurs. Haha.

I think we would have had at least an even chance to beat the Cavs and Lebron.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                              Apparently simmons came off very arrogant in his draft interviews
                              What draft interviews?
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yeah, I think his first game back, he'll come off the bench and play 20 minutes at most, unless of course he has a huge impact and he's good to play some more...

Comment

Working...
                                X