No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any concerns about the JV/Biyombo trade off? Obviously a huge plus on offence, but the energy Biz has brought on D the last two games isn't so easy to look past either. Plus this is a much more perimeter oriented team than either of the Pacers or Miami.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Any concerns about the JV/Biyombo trade off? Obviously a huge plus on offence, but the energy Biz has brought on D the last two games isn't so easy to look past either. Plus this is a much more perimeter oriented team than either of the Pacers or Miami.
      JV's rim protection was fantastic in rounds one and two before he went down. And he was rebounding at historic rates. Not concerned at all.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Honestly, given how good his numbers are from midrange... I could see it.
        why are they talking about JV shooting 3s?

Comment

• Twin towers with BB would work if Jonas can provide at least some spacing
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            As is; we only have 4 players on the roster who can reliably hit all kinds of 3 (open vs contested; not all 3s are the same (although they are worth the same)): Lowry, Ross, Patterson and Carroll. It wouldn't hurt to see who else might be able to at least be able to drill in an open one.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Any concerns about the JV/Biyombo trade off? Obviously a huge plus on offence, but the energy Biz has brought on D the last two games isn't so easy to look past either. Plus this is a much more perimeter oriented team than either of the Pacers or Miami.
              And how many open 3s did Frye get with Biyombo out there? How was our D when we were over-concerned with 3s?

Biyombo is better at switching onto quicker guys, but his and any Cs tendency is going to be to help down low often being too far off a shooter to really challenge the shot.

I don't see any reason for real concern. If they hit shots they hit shots. Guys are going to get open at times. The key to our turnaround was taking the paint away, so stick with that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Changes the way defenses have to look at him. Suddenly, the 3-man weave at the top of the key demands a post defender stay out on JV as well, which opens up the paint even more for DeMar/Kyle. Also, as Blake Murphy pointed out on twitter, sometimes he's the trailer in transition and can take a few there.

Just like Boogie's ability to shoot 3s has helped open up his post opportunities, this can do the same for JV.

Comment

JV's rim protection was fantastic in rounds one and two before he went down. And he was rebounding at historic rates. Not concerned at all.
                  I'm not concerned at all about his D in the paint...well unless he's super rusty which I would imagine he would be after being off his feet for as long as he's been. It's the all out energy and being stretched out to the perimeter and recovering I'm a bit worried about. Unlike the previous two match ups, Cleveland likes to and is very good at exploiting slower defences.

Man, I hope JV comes out and has a big game.

Comment

I'm not concerned at all about his D in the paint...well unless he's super rusty which I would imagine he would be after being off his feet for as long as he's been. It's the all out energy and being stretched out to the perimeter and recovering I'm a bit worried about. Unlike the previous two match ups, Cleveland likes to and is very good at exploiting slower defences.

Man, I hope JV comes out and has a big game.
                    But the perimeter defense on Frye hasn't really been good with Bismack. So if where JV is going to struggle is the same place Bismack is already struggling, at worst we're trading weakness for weakness. Where as on the offensive end, we're trading weakness for strength swapping Bismack for JV.

Comment

• True, neither guy is going to be great trying to defend that far out. I'm super nervous about changing up what has been working for the last couple games, but yeah hopefully JV provides a big boost on the other end.

Comment

True, neither guy is going to be great trying to defend that far out. I'm super nervous about changing up what has been working for the last couple games, but yeah hopefully JV provides a big boost on the other end.
                        Thing is, history says at some point Lowry/DeMar are going to have a game where they miss shots. JV can make up for that in ways Bismack can't come close to.

Comment

But the perimeter defense on Frye hasn't really been good with Bismack. So if where JV is going to struggle is the same place Bismack is already struggling, at worst we're trading weakness for weakness. Where as on the offensive end, we're trading weakness for strength swapping Bismack for JV.
                          I think frye made good shots that were somewhat contested. I agree though unless a counter is figured out there bigs tend to stretch the floor more which creates a problem although biz does have better quickness than val to get out paterson may be the better option to defensively go out there as Jack suggested during the telecast

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            I think frye made good shots that were somewhat contested. I agree though unless a counter is figured out there bigs tend to stretch the floor more which creates a problem although biz does have better quickness than val to get out paterson may be the better option to defensively go out there as Jack suggested during the telecast
                            You push Frye the same way OKC is punishing the Death Lineup of Golden State.

You beat them up by going big.

Cleveland wants to guard JV with Frye, Love and TT so they can spread the floor? Fine. We're going to score inside every time down the floor, and grab every offensive rebound.

Comment

• Patterson has been the one closing out on Frye a lot too. If he doesn't get close enough then no way JV can.

I'd only only play JV when Thompson is in. At least in the beginning, baby steps to get him back into the flow. It's going to be tough for him to get acclimated if he's got to be running both Frye/Love off the 3 point line to start. If he gets it going ride him.

Though playing on the road is a different animal. If Lowry or DD struggle again, then JV could pick up some of the scoring slack.

I wouldn't overhaul what has been working so far but he's a great option to have back.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

You push Frye the same way OKC is punishing the Death Lineup of Golden State.

You beat them up by going big.

Cleveland wants to guard JV with Frye, Love and TT so they can spread the floor? Fine. We're going to score inside every time down the floor, and grab every offensive rebound.
                                i do not doubt what you are saying so that maybe the counter. Just like there is going to be a game plan to stop kyle and dd other people may have to take some offensive load.

Comment

Working...
                                X