Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atothe wrote: View Post
    I honestly think a lowry/valanciunas pnr offence with multiple three point shooters would be a lethal offence.
    Tough to say. Lowry's not actually very good on the PnR - he's more effective taking spot up threes or attacking a moving defence after a kick out from a DD screen action.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Tough to say. Lowry's not actually very good on the PnR - he's more effective taking spot up threes or attacking a moving defence after a kick out from a DD screen action.
      Lowry also likes to snake the screen to get the defender on his hip, eliminating the rollman altogether. It's good to do once in a while, but he does it too often. Less incentive for JV to roll for a pass.

Comment

You don't think if he prioritizes it he can improve in that area?

Comment

Yeah, they've said every year he'd be used more and every year he is (although a portion of that is his offensive rebounding). The difference to me this year is that they DID run the offence through him in the MIA series before he got hurt, and it worked, and they saw it with their own eyes. I expect a larger role based on that more than based on anything anyone is saying.
          Doesn't the uptick in offensive rebounding pretty well just cancel out the drop in his turnover rate? He is getting more FGA's each year - maybe putbacks account for some of the increase, but not all.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

He's too short. Doesn't have great vision
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I suppose he could but he's like 30, hard to expect much improvement at this point.

Why not use DeRozan? Among players with at least 100 pick and roll ball handling possessions this year he was 4th in points per possession.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                I suppose he could but he's like 30, hard to expect much improvement at this point.

Why not use DeRozan? Among players with at least 100 pick and roll ball handling possessions this year he was 4th in points per possession.
                I think they mean passing to roll man. Not scoring or drawing foul off of PNR.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post

Yeap. DD/JV pick and roll is a legit weapon we have... but for some reason we've only used that to enhance the ball handler and never really utilized the roll man/ JV. I expect it to change.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    Yeap. DD/JV pick and roll is a legit weapon we have... but for some reason we've only used that to enhance the ball handler and never really utilized the roll man/ JV. I expect it to change.
                    besides derozans success in the pnr where does the duo of demar and bigV rate among others in the league?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      besides derozans success in the pnr where does the duo of demar and bigV rate among others in the league?
                      statistically.. I have no idea. That's Barolt's department. LOL

but to my little basketball knowledge, the duo has a lot of potential.. especially if we can get a legit stretch 4 and space the floor (no, Scola doesn't count) I can compare it to when Batum/ Mathews used to play pick n roll with Aldridge in Portland. But of course Demar has better mid-range game than both. Portland used to abuse teams with multiple pick and rolls involving Aldridge and it's fun to watch too.

Comment

but to my little basketball knowledge, the duo has a lot of potential.. especially if we can get a legit stretch 4 and space the floor (no, Scola doesn't count) I can compare it to when Batum/ Mathews used to play pick n roll with Aldridge in Portland. But of course Demar has better mid-range game than both. Portland used to abuse teams with multiple pick and rolls involving Aldridge and it's fun to watch too.
                        Im not quite convinced DD is a good enough passer, which is one of Batums strongsuits.

I potential like that duo, just don't like the idea of investing so much in a guy who is a below average defender and doesnt shoot threes. Also the fact that there were multiple games in te playoffs where Casey benched him to get back into or win games is unsettling. He hasn't shown enough to me that he will have a positive impact on a game, when his shot isn't falling.

Comment

I'm not sure if there's a way to directly pull how many times DeMar passed to JV on the pick and roll, but overall during the season DeMar and JV played 1346 minutes together. In that time, DeMar passed to JV 255 times(once every 5 minutes or so), and JV shot 62/95 for 65.3% off passes from DeMar.

So JV was excellent off passes from DeMar, they just didn't happen too often. Going the other way, JV passed to DeMar 268 times, DeMar shot 29/67 off those passes(43.3%).

JV was much better as a shot creator for shooters, really. Lowry was 22/46, 15/30 from 3 on passes from JV, Carroll 2/3 from 3, Ross 2/5 from 3.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• it doesn't matter how many times jv received a pass from demar. the jv/demar pick and roll is a very good weapon for us. if it earns points from demar scoring or jv scoring, who gives a shit. i was wondering in comparison to say a paul/jordan or lebron/love combination.

where does the pairing stand ppp in respect to other prominent pick and roll tandems in the league?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              it doesn't matter how many times jv received a pass from demar. the jv/demar pick and roll is a very good weapon for us. if it earns points from demar scoring or jv scoring, who gives a shit. i was wondering in comparison to say a paul/jordan or lebron/love combination.

where does the pairing stand ppp in respect to other prominent pick and roll tandems in the league?
                              Dude.

I posted stats that someone asked for.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Dude.

I posted stats that someone asked for.
                                I am not saying you didn't. Or commenting on any opinion of yours. This, I thought was an open thread. So my comment would be more directed at the comment that was wondering on how many demar passes to jv happened. I had openly wondered, last night before bed, about the pnr stats. Woke up and saw it had transformed into a "how many passes does demar give jv". Which is something I think is useless when I was talking about the pnr stats because it was posted demar was the 4th most efficient scorer in the pnr when paired with jv.

You take things too personal. I didn't even quote a post of yours.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X