No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The policy is actually 'design an offence that will make little Sabonis thrive, so that big Sabonis hires me back'.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      I watched every Lithuania w/ JV game since July.
      good on you.

Right now it's a combination of his team not looking for him much, other teams working hard to deny him (which has opened some perimeter offence opportunities for them, btw), and him struggling a bit.

But when you make completely unfounded claims of "Olympic village life must be fun", you're basically turning into the People magazine of forum posters.

Regarding your subsequent edit, i have no idea what the fuck that even means.

Comment

• Lithuania's coach is a fucking tool. Every play should be 1-5 spread pick and roll with JV diving to the rim. Instead, they do this never.
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          good on you.

Right now it's a combination of his team not looking for him much, other teams working hard to deny him (which has opened some perimeter offence opportunities for them, btw), and him struggling a bit.

But when you make completely unfounded claims of "Olympic village life must be fun", you're basically turning into the People magazine of forum posters.
          "other teams working hard to deny him". What's so different about 2014 FIBA WC? Did he look lost when Lithuania ran horns double screen in Spain?

Comment

"other teams working hard to deny him". What's so different about 2014 FIBA WC? Did he look lost when Lithuania ran horns double screen in Spain?
            i don't know, did he?

As my interest in Valanciunas is whether or not he can help the Raptors, the more important question for me is: did he look lost while dominating the Pacers and Heat in the postseason?

Comment

• And by the way, Lithuania's coach benched him cuz of his defence. Not offence.

Comment

i don't know, did he?

As my interest in Valanciunas is whether or not he can help the Raptors, the more important question for me is: did he look lost while dominating the Pacers and Heat in the postseason?
                We are talking about Valanciunas and FIBA right now.

.... And about postseason, everyone knows that w/o Jonas we'd still have that monkey on our backs.

Comment

We are talking about Valanciunas and FIBA right now.

.... And about postseason, everyone knows that w/o Jonas we'd still have that monkey on our backs.
                  sure but guys are acting like valanciunas suddenly sucks at basketball despite the fact we have plenty of NBA evidence to the contrary.

Just don't read so much into FIBA, it is the path to much disappointment (Kleiza, Scola).

Comment

• The best part of yesterday's game was in the fourth when JV was finally like 'fine, you won't give me the ball, fuck you guys, I'll shoot with my feet on the three point line', and put up an 18 footer. And then the coach yelled at him. If I was JV, I'd be done with the national team until they hire someone else.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      The best part of yesterday's game was in the fourth when JV was finally like 'fine, you won't give me the ball, fuck you guys, I'll shoot with my feet on the three point line', and put up an 18 footer. And then the coach yelled at him. If I was JV, I'd be done with the national team until they hire someone else.
                      Yup he was pissed. Anyway. I always said that he should take a 'vacation' from national team. When's the last time he had time in offseason to get ready for the NBA season? Never.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        The best part of yesterday's game was in the fourth when JV was finally like 'fine, you won't give me the ball, fuck you guys, I'll shoot with my feet on the three point line', and put up an 18 footer. And then the coach yelled at him. If I was JV, I'd be done with the national team until they hire someone else.
                        That play was hilarious
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• That was a short clock situation, to be fair. JV seemed pissed his guard passed it to him with no time left and then the whole team just stared at him instead of cutting or giving him someone to pass to. No idea why the coach yelled at JV - maybe because he didn't get the shot up on time?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• After Casey, now it is Lit Coach who is getting blasted for not using JV Maybe there is a problem with JV, his positioning, his handling of the passes , his timing and ... Just maybe

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              After Casey, now it is Lit Coach who is getting blasted for not using JV Maybe there is a problem with JV, his positioning, his handling of the passes , his timing and ... Just maybe
                              Or not and trolls gotta troll.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

he has taken 15 shots in 3 games.

If you watched the games you should be able to see that lithuania is basically using him to screen and rarely passing to him at all. They're making the raptors look like a post-centric team.

And, once again, Luis Scola continues to be a dominant force in FIBA. Chill the fuck out.
                                The notion that Scola plays well so Fiba doesn't mean anything is terrible. If you give Scola 2 monthes off and asked him to play 3 weeks of basketball in the NBA he will play well. Ask him to play 82+ games at his age and he will struggle. It has more to do with his body giving out than his actual skils.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X