Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Or maybe...

Seems when he's bad its the coach, and when he's good, its all him.

I think he gets a bit too much rope here.
    He is barely getting shots and touches yet he's probably the best interior finisher. Underutilized PnR yet that is a great strength of his. Sounds like his national team experience is preparing him for another year of Casey ball.

The coaches don't get much credit for his good play because he is usually doing despite limited opportunities and is simply making his own possessions working the glass. Hard to credit the coach when he's on clean up duty. We are still dreaming of the game when he is actually a focal point of the offense.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Oh yes, he succeeds out of spite, and they are ALL trying to hold him back.

Do you realize how crazy that would be? Honestly.

Comment

Oh yes, he succeeds out of spite, and they are ALL trying to hold him back.

Have you ever seen consistent play calls for him? His success / production is due to his own efforts on the court and not by strategic design; so you are asking for the coach to get credit that the big guy plays well. It's not in spite of, but there is a very good reason that the coach doesn't get much credit for those types of games by any player. Then when he doesn't, you have trolls like McRealistic claiming that JV is "clearly not" ready when really.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I guess we're watching different games or something. I really like Lithuania's coach. He puts the team in a position to succeed and he doesn't give a fuck about Jonas or Sabonis if they look lost on the floor. You got to earn minutes with this guy.

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Aug 13, 2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            I guess we're watching different games or something. I really like Lithuania's coach. He puts the team in a position to succeed and he doesn't give a fuck about Jonas or Sabonis if they look lost on the floor. You got to earn minutes with this guy.

Yes but it's easier to "earn" minutes when the team is playing to your strengths. Lack of PnR touches makes it hard for him to produce on offence.

Inconsistent touches leads to inconsistent play. How people expect more without more opportunities is beyond me.

Comment

• Spain-Lithuania tonight. Europe's classic. Critical game for Spain and if Lithuania wants to win this, they need a big game from their 4/5.

Comment

• Anyone know where I'll be able to watch the Lithuania Spain game today?

What time is it on?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Anyone know where I'll be able to watch the Lithuania Spain game today?

What time is it on?
                  CBC.ca if you're in Canada

Game starts at 6pm

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    CBC.ca if you're in Canada

Game starts at 6pm
                    CBC has free streams?! Cheers mate.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I keep forgetting that every coach in sports history has been absolutely perfect, and that no coach has ever once used a sub-optimal strategy. Silly me.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Oh yes, he succeeds out of spite, and they are ALL trying to hold him back.

nobody thinks the coaches are intentionally holding anyone back. how do you consistently fail to grasp the difference between that and "not utilizing"?

nice strawman

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          The notion that Scola plays well so Fiba doesn't mean anything is terrible. If you give Scola 2 monthes off and asked him to play 3 weeks of basketball in the NBA he will play well. Ask him to play 82+ games at his age and he will struggle. It has more to do with his body giving out than his actual skils.
                          uh, ok. Except that luis scola has never ever dominated at the nba level, whereas he does so consistently in the international game.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            uh, ok. Except that luis scola has never ever dominated at the nba level, whereas he does so consistently in the international game.
                            Obviously the competition level is different. If your a legit NBA starter you should dominate this type of competition.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Is the game at 6pm EST?
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• A couple of Serbian players currently not in the NBA, Teodosic and Raduljica, were taking a bunch of NBA all stars to school yesterday. This USA team is vulnerable.

Comment

Working...
                                X