No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas shit the bed. Period. What the fuck guys? Why would you bring DeRozan's performences when we're having a discussion about JONAS WICTORY VALANCIUNAS? Some of you r acting like a bunch oOne Direction fangirls. Jeez.

And you know what? We should be happy. I'm sure Jonas is already getting a Brazilian Wax and will come to the camp motivated af!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Jonas shit the bed. Period. What the fuck guys? Why would you bring DeRozan's performences when we're having a discussion about JONAS WICTORY VALANCIUNAS? Some of you r acting like a bunch oOne Direction fangirls. Jeez.

And you know what? We should be happy. I'm sure Jonas is already getting a Brazilian Wax and will come to the camp motivated af!
      Yes, he played poorly, but not so poorly as those stats would suggest, as the diminished minutes and role played a big factor in those lower numbers.

There is room for being disappointed in his play AND presenting context for his numbers.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yes, he played poorly, but not so poorly as those stats would suggest, as the diminished minutes and role played a big factor in those lower numbers.

There is room for being disappointed in his play AND presenting context for his numbers.
        I didn't even look at his numbers that seriously. When I saw Lithuania's defence strategy + JV's slow movement & his body language against the Brazil I knew that something is wrong with this picture. I think it's a haircut situation, but you never know. Haha. Lithuanian fans didn't like what they saw from Valanciunas and I'm sure he'll come to the camp motivated than ever before... for better or worse.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          LIT's coach on JV:

Kazlauskas on Valanciunas: 'I wish him to understand, that if you live only by talent, this fairy-tale can end one day'— Donatas Urbonas (@Urbodo) August 17, 2016
          LIT coach pointing fingers when he should be looking in the mirror. I've never seen this team look so disorganised and just generally a mess out on the court. Jonas played like crap, but the team looked like they didn't practice once. Just garbage. Lithuania does well largely by being the most well oiled program in Europe. They have to make up for a talent deficit by being so fundamentally sound in how they play team basketball. Now coach blaming their most talented player when he couldn't even get him involved in the game plan. Guy should be fired immediately. See if Sarunas wants to try his hand at coaching or something.

Just to ad Jonas has not only never been accused of coasting on talent, since his preNBA days every story about his work ethic and commitment level has been to praise those aspects. So yeah, get rid of this fucktard coach.
          Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            LIT coach pointing fingers when he should be looking in the mirror. I've never seen this team look so disorganised and just generally a mess out on the court. Jonas played like crap, but the team looked like they didn't practice once. Just garbage. Lithuania does well largely by being the most well oiled program in Europe. They have to make up for a talent deficit by being so fundamentally sound in how they play team basketball. Now coach blaming their most talented player when he couldn't even get him involved in the game plan. Guy should be fired immediately. See if Sarunas wants to try his hand at coaching or something.

Just to ad Jonas has not only never been accused of coasting on talent, since his preNBA days every story about his work ethic and commitment level has been to praise those aspects. So yeah, get rid of this fucktard coach.
            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Have you seen any changes from the Euros team though? Nothing has really changed. Same plays. Same defensive strategy. Although their PG needs to learn how to calm the game. They played far too many stretches without setplays.
            Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• JV himself said he SHIT the bed and here the fan boys are still making excuses.

The guy has problems man !!! Deal with it and stop making excuses and throwing other players and coaches under the bus, trying to make your boy look good.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Wut...

How does tht have anything to do with what I said lol
                It is called reaching and trying everything to make JV look good Don't worry, everyone can see what he is doing here.

Comment

• Jonas said he's burnt out, so good time to enjoy some holiday time.

When does the training camp start?

Comment

• Let's not forget that one thing too...Even though he got a feel of double teams couple years ago, this time is bit different. Teams are showing him respect by ordering players to play very very aggressively with him. Teams know he'll do damage if you play him weak. Honeymoon days are over for Jonas. And it's a good thing.

Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      Jonas said he's burnt out, so good time to enjoy some holiday time.

When does the training camp start?
                      I'm not one of those guys but.. I TOLD YOU SO! Haha. He looked kinda tired, well at least for my eyes.

Comment

• He looked like he had PTSD
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• It's interesting how DeMar's stats are largely awful from the Olympics, and met with cries of 'small sample size!', but JV's bad stats are a sign of a clear mental problem somehow.

If they're both small sample sizes(they are), in which case they need to be taken in context of the players' larger portfolio of play, which would indicate that JV is a more effective offensive player than he showed at the Olympics, and DeMar's porous defensive performance is perfectly indicative of the player he was in the NBA this year.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            It's interesting how DeMar's stats are largely awful from the Olympics, and met with cries of 'small sample size!', but JV's bad stats are a sign of a clear mental problem somehow.

If they're both small sample sizes(they are), in which case they need to be taken in context of the players' larger portfolio of play, which would indicate that JV is a more effective offensive player than he showed at the Olympics, and DeMar's porous defensive performance is perfectly indicative of the player he was in the NBA this year.
                            Dude.. didn't Jonas say he needs 'something to do' with his head?

I mean, for me it's hair situation. For you, it's a clear mental problem. Just playin'.

Y'all need to stop making this or any other thread about DeRozan vs Valanciunas. That shit is fucking poisonous.

Comment

• How are there not more up and coming guards coming out of LTH?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                How are there not more up and coming guards coming out of LTH?
                                No idea. I think LIT's basketball schools have extensive development program for big men cuz of Sabonis... just guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                X